Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post

Agree with it or not but that's the rules we live by.
    Those are the rules to determine if someone goes to prison. So your standard for forming an opinion on someone is whether or not the American legal system convicts them? Those are not the rules I go by in forming my opinion.
    12 Team, 50 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- Krejci, Little, Thornton, Galyenchuk, Hanzal, Coyle
    RW- Simmonds, Stone, Vorachek, Toffoli, Wilson, Abelkader, Pomminville
    LW- Tatar, Neal, Johansson, Roussel, Sharp
    D- Burns, Ristolainen, Giordano, Barrie, Leddy, Niskanen, Hamonic, Demers
    G- Talbot, Andersen, Lundqvist, Schneider

Farm- Demko, Shestorkin, Soderstrom, McAvoy, Heiskanen, Fox, Erikson EK, CWhite, LBrown, Valimaki, Bear, CJones, Tufte

Dobber Sports Expert

Ok, so what's your opinion of this guy ?
    https://www.thescore.com/news/1361303

Surely, we can agree this is far worse than anything we know (as factual) about Art Briles ?
    I will start campaigning immediately on social media for Danny Duffy to be banned from baseball for life.

Dobber Sports Monster

Yes, a DUI with no public harm is far worse than covering up 50+ rapes and domestic abuse.

Stop. Digging. Your. Hole.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Yes, a DUI with no public harm is far worse than covering up 50+ rapes and domestic abuse.

Stop. Digging. Your. Hole.
    LOL, a DUI is no harm to the public and yet you are spewing nonsense about rape culture. You. Are. Hilarious.
    How many people do drunk drivers KILL. EVERY. DAY. ?!

Dobber Sports Expert

No to mention the fact that Duffy was actually the one committing a crime. An actual criminal. With actual evidence of his crime.
    You're actually going to sit there and defend a drunk driver ?!?!!? All because he happened to be lucky enough not to kill anyone.
    Un. Believe. Able.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    LOL, a DUI is no harm to the public and yet you are spewing nonsense about rape culture. You. Are. Hilarious.
    How many people do drunk drivers KILL. EVERY. DAY. ?!
    No to mention the fact that Duffy was actually the one committing a crime. An actual criminal. With actual evidence of his crime.
    You're actually going to sit there and defend a drunk driver ?!?!!? All because he happened to be lucky enough not to kill anyone.
    Un. Believe. Able.
    Comprehension issues? Like you have massive, massive comprehension issues. I said the specific event in question didn't harm the public, not all DUIs. Am I defending him by saying his act of no public harm (read: THAT SPECIFIC ACT didn't cause public harm) is not as bad as mass cover-ups of rape and domestic abuse? Ok, I'm fine with you painting me on that island.

As has been stated and referenced MULTIPLE times, there is evidence of the acts committed by Briles. It's evidence you're naively choosing to ignore (note, in this instance, calling you extremely naive is a compliment, because if you're not embarrassingly naive you're something far, far worse).

Many athletes have committed crimes and should no longer employed. Singular acts mind you, not over 50, as Briles has.

Dobber Sports Expert

I won't quote your garbage.
    I'll repeat again... no evidence exists that Briles covered anything up. One alleged incident that he might have heard about indirectly from a 3rd party, he specifically said "if anything happened, she should go to the police." I don't condemn a man for not rushing to judgment when he hears a rumor. Especially when it's a grown adult who is perfectly capable of going to the police station herself and filing a report.
    And even if he knew, and said nothing, that might be despicable... but it's not criminal. You've repeatedly called him a criminal. Based on your emotions and various interpretations of what you think happened. I suspect you've seen too many CSI or Law & Order episodes.

There is zero known evidence of Briles doing anything criminal.
    Duffy, on the other hand, was caught red handed actually BEING a criminal. Endangering every single life he passed on his way to Burger King.
    He's defensible in your eyes, because his incident "didn't harm the public." A reasonable person would understand that his actions 100% endangered the public. He put lives in danger. By your logic, if he fired a gun multiple times into a crowded train station, but was lucky enough not to hit anybody... no big deal !!!

edit: btw, The incident he allegedly heard about had happened 9 months prior...

Dobber Sports Monster

Yea. I'm fine being on the side of NOT defending rape and domestic abuse. THERE IS EVIDENCE AND IT HAS BEEN PROVIDED.

You can stay on the side of defending rape and domestic abuse as actions. That can be the legacy and image you portray of yourself.

Dobber Sports Monster

I'm quite, quite comfortable with my actions of not defending rape.

Dobber Sports Expert

Yea. I'm fine being on the side of NOT defending rape and domestic abuse. THERE IS EVIDENCE AND IT HAS BEEN PROVIDED.

You can stay on the side of defending rape and domestic abuse as actions. That can be the legacy and image you portray of yourself.
    No one is defending rape in here. That is completely offside and reasonable people will see through your attempts to misinform.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm quite, quite comfortable with my actions of not defending rape.
    Well hopefully nobody you care about is ever killed or harmed by an impaired driver.
    Glad you can sleep well at night.

Dobber Sports Monster

No one is defending rape in here. That is completely offside and reasonable people will see through your attempts to misinform.

- - - Updated - - -

Well hopefully nobody you care about is ever killed or harmed by an impaired driver.
    Glad you can sleep well at night.
    Defending the man is defending the action. Quite clear what you are doing. And again, I never once defended drunk driving, the man, or the action, but please attempt to quote the post where I did defend it. You'll struggle pretty hard.

Dobber Sports Expert

Defending the man is defending the action.
    Defending Art Briles is not the same thing as defending Tevin Elliott.
    Even though you obviously can't make that distinction, reasonable people will be able to.

And you clearly wrote that Duffy's DUI was no "harm to the public."
    If that's not defending him, what is the purpose of writing that?
    Again, reasonable people will understand that Duffy's CRIMINAL ACTIONS are indefensible, regardless of his lucky outcome to have harmed nobody.

Dobber Sports Monster

Defending Art Briles is not the same thing as defending Tevin Elliott.
    Even though you obviously can't make that distinction, reasonable people will be able to.

And you clearly wrote that Duffy's DUI was no "harm to the public."
    If that's not defending him, what is the purpose of writing that?
    Again, reasonable people will understand that Duffy's CRIMINAL ACTIONS are indefensible, regardless of his lucky outcome to have harmed nobody.
    I said one wasn't as bad as the other. As in, something that harms the public is WORSE than something that doesn't harm the public. Coming back to your very clear comprehension issues.

Saying theft isn't as bad as murder isn't defending theft.

So what you're saying is, you CANT quote the post where I defended drunk driving, because that post doesn't exist.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Man, are you two still going at it LOL!

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, JaBenn, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Turris, Letang, Kucherov, Byfuglien, Burns, Zuccarello, Hoffman, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Konecny, Bjorkstrand, Point, KHayes, OEL, Vrana, NSchmaltz

G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

This must be the most coverage the CFL has ever rec'd here.

Moving on
    Team:
    2xC - Tavares, Matthews, Getzlaf, E. Staal, Namestnikov(C/LW)
    2xL - Hall, Skinner, Lucic, Landeskog, Kilorn
    2xR - Kucherov, Marner (RW/C), Laine, M.Stone
    4xD - Karlsson, OEL, Josi, Yandle, A. Martinez, M. Green, Strallman
    2xG - Crawford, Jones, Dell, Budaj
    2xUtil - Getzlaf, Laine (RW)
    12 Team Keeper league with Yahoo

Roster (14 Kept Players): 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2G,2Util (Can keep a 3rd G with Util)
    SEASON SCORING: 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,1U,2G
    (Weighted Category Points: see below).

Skaters -
    (Points: G a/o A) 6
    (+/-) 3
    (PIM) 1
    (PPP) 5
    (GWG) 5

Goaltenders
    Wins 5
    Goals against -9
    Saves 1