Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
Results 91 to 102 of 102

Thread: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

  1. #91
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Monster

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    CFL made the right decision, everyone but one person agrees.

    Either way, it's over and done now, time to move on.

  2. #92
    Location
    Calgary
    Rep Power
    43

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    CFL made the right decision, everyone but one person agrees.
    Yet another completely false statement.
    Your shtick is so played.

    The CFL made the only decision it could make, given the optics -because of people (like you) spreading misinformation and tapping into the emotional responses from people online. Manipulating them and causing them to respond based on fear instead of reason.
    Those same optics are why Baylor fired him even though they themselves essentially exonerated Briles with that letter I posted.

    The CFL being forced into something, for all the wrong reasons, certainly doesn't make it "right."

  3. #93
    Loch's Avatar
    Loch is online now
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,970
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Icon

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Those same optics are why Baylor fired him even though they themselves essentially exonerated Briles with that letter I posted.
    To be fair, that letter isn't what I would call an exoneration. They are basically saying they have no direct knowledge of any misdeeds on his part...
    /S

    ~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

    Victoria DH
    C(3): Toews, Johnson, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Henrique, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Toffoli, Callahan, Palmieri
    F(3): Bouma, B. Boyle, Roussell
    D(6): Doughty, Larsson, Bieksa, Vlasic, Franson, Stoner
    G(1): Talbot, Luongo
    Bench:, Nesterov (D), Schelmko (D)

    Prospects(10): Bjorkstrand, De La Rose, N. Rod, Dvorak
    Lehkonen, Hagg, Lindell, Oesterle, Sorokin

  4. #94
    Location
    Calgary
    Rep Power
    43

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    To be fair, that letter isn't what I would call an exoneration. They are basically saying they have no direct knowledge of any misdeeds on his part...
    Yes, fair enough.
    I was borrowing the words of the person who wrote the article. http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/...170806572.html

    "Part of the reason the team hired Briles was the letter from Baylor, which essentially exonerates him"

  5. #95
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Immortal

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    CFL made the right decision, everyone but one person agrees.

    Either way, it's over and done now, time to move on.
    Finally! Something we can agree on!


    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, JaBenn, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Turris, Letang, Kucherov, Byfuglien, Burns, Zuccarello, Hoffman, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Konecny, Bjorkstrand, Point, KHayes, OEL, Vrana, NSchmaltz

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

  6. #96
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Monster

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Yet another completely false statement.
    Your shtick is so played.

    The CFL made the only decision it could make, given the optics -because of people (like you) spreading misinformation and tapping into the emotional responses from people online. Manipulating them and causing them to respond based on fear instead of reason.
    Those same optics are why Baylor fired him even though they themselves essentially exonerated Briles with that letter I posted.

    The CFL being forced into something, for all the wrong reasons, certainly doesn't make it "right."
    Great. Like I said, all but one person agrees. Also, as it's my opinion, it can't be a false statement lol. You're very bad at this.

    I'm personally very glad a human like that won't be in Canada. Time to move on.

  7. #97
    Location
    Calgary
    Rep Power
    43

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Great. Like I said, all but one person agrees. Also, as it's my opinion, it can't be a false statement lol.
    Yes, of course. You're always entitled to only post your feelings and opinions, rataylor, which can never be true or false. No reasonable person would deny that.
    I mistakenly thought you were trying to make a factual statement for a change.
    My bad - I should have known better.

  8. #98
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Monster

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Yes, of course. You're always entitled to only post your feelings and opinions, rataylor, which can never be true or false. No reasonable person would deny that.
    I mistakenly thought you were trying to make a factual statement for a change.
    My bad - I should have known better.
    Well it is factual that the CFL made the right decision, but that's based off of group majority opinion. As I said, you the minority disagrees. The very very very very small minority.

    Moving on.

  9. #99
    Mr. Guru's Avatar
    Mr. Guru is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,847
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    50

    The Magnificent One

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    Has he been convicted yet?

  10. #100
    Location
    Calgary
    Rep Power
    43

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Well it is factual that the CFL made the right decision, but that's based off of group majority opinion.
    .
    Moving on indeed. I just have to quote that because it's pretty funny!

    Fact: Right decision was made by CFL.
    Evidence of that fact? Because group majority OPINION says so.
    lol
    Good to know.

    Anyway, as you say, MOVING ON.

  11. #101
    hockeymanG23's Avatar
    hockeymanG23 is online now
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,170
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    The fact is that the CFL made a decision, whether it was the right one due to ethics, politics, business, etc is debatable. No one in this thread is a rape apologist.

    The thing that really bothers me is that a regular every day guy can get accused of rape because a girl can thinks "I changed my mind after cuz now society calls me a slut" or "a guy said I look good. He's a rapist mysogynist".

    It's like McCarthyist. Communists existed then and were the enemies but the bar to accuse them was pretty damn low. Rapists have always existed and have always been awful. It's also awful though when the standards for campuses to expel a student are as low as a 3rd party hearing a hypothetical joke about someone else. The bar for campus 3rd wave feminists to claim rape is pretty ****ing low just like the McCartyists.

    I know people who I'm very close to who have been victims of rape. Non cosentual violent sexual conduct. It is awful. Period.

    I also know people who have been accused of it by people who regret a sexual decision and are afraid they'll be called a skank. That's bullshit too. Period.

    If this guy was canned because he was complicit in cover up then yeah, he deserves this at the minimum and should deserve worse. As it stand though everything I've seen suggests that claims were covered up by campus police and when it came to this guy he said to report it. Reasonable response. If he has his career ****ed up even after doing the reasonable thing then this guy is another victim of 3rd wave feminists who aren't actually concerned with fairness and equality and have instead contaminated parts of society with a sort of man hating politics

    It's all bullshit.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

    C-Couturier,Getzlaf,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Giroux,JVR,Panarin,Zetterberg
    RW-Ehlers,Kucherov,Pastrnak,Simmonds,
    D-Carlson,Chara,Gudas,Josi,Martinez,Werenski
    G-Crawford,Dubnyk,Allen,F.Andersen
    BN-Brown,Carter,Kesler,Palmieri,Savard


    Under 250 gp farm
    Aho,Armia,Chytil,Dano,Etem,Fiala,Kapanen,Lindblom, Marchassault,N.Roy,Rychel,Stransky,Suzuki,Vatrano, Vesey,Zacha
    R.Andersson,Barberio,Borowiecki,Gormley,Marincin,M ontour,Morrow,P.Myers,Nurse,Sproul
    Broissot,Campbell,Hackett,Husso,Lyon,Oettinger,San dstrom,Stolarz,Vladar,Wedgewood,Williams

  12. #102
    Location
    Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    The Great One

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Has he been convicted yet?
    Jeeeeeeez!!! Step back with that gas can Guru!
    Team:
    2xC - Tavares, Matthews, Getzlaf, E. Staal, Namestnikov(C/LW)
    2xL - Hall, Skinner, Lucic, Landeskog, Kilorn
    2xR - Kucherov, Marner (RW/C), Laine, M.Stone
    4xD - Karlsson, OEL, Josi, Yandle, A. Martinez, M. Green, Strallman
    2xG - Crawford, Jones, Dell, Budaj
    2xUtil - Getzlaf, Laine (RW)
    12 Team Keeper league with Yahoo

    Roster (14 Kept Players): 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2G,2Util (Can keep a 3rd G with Util)
    SEASON SCORING: 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,1U,2G
    (Weighted Category Points: see below).

    Skaters -
    (Points: G a/o A) 6
    (+/-) 3
    (PIM) 1
    (PPP) 5
    (GWG) 5

    Goaltenders
    Wins 5
    Goals against -9
    Saves 1
    Shutout 10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •