Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rask or Bishop.

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Rask or Bishop.

two goalies, pick one.for keeper league in Sig.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Rask or Bishop.

With a defensive minded coach... I'll take Bishop. Like TB, I expect last year to be an anomaly for the Stars and to be right back in the thick of it.... and much better defensively
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I like Bishop in his new digs to edge out Rask.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Murray, followed quickly by Price.

It is close, as any comparison with Price is. But Murray takes plenty of shots against as well, helping in the saves category.

You need to trade a goalie!

Edit: Got distracted and failed to answer the right question haha

I would take Bishop, I think people will regret passing him by when Dallas starts steamrolling everyone.

Dobber Sports Deity

Give me Rask over Bishop. I think Dallas is "better" than they were last year but I am not ready to jump all in yet.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Here I am again bad mouthing Rask but I just don't like the Boston D this year. I don't think Boston is a playoff team this year and Dallas is. They are the same age but I like Bishop's situation a lot better
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Magnificent One

If they both played in identical situations, I'd take Rask. But Cassidy is opening things up in Boston, so that won't help Rask. Meanwhile, Hitchcock is usually a goalie's best friend. I'll take Bishop, by a hair.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Here I am again bad mouthing Rask but I just don't like the Boston D this year. I don't think Boston is a playoff team this year and Dallas is. They are the same age but I like Bishop's situation a lot better
    In all fairness, I didn't like Boston''s D last year either and Rask still put up huge numbers.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    In all fairness, I didn't like Boston''s D last year either and Rask still put up huge numbers.
    Valid. But the .915 was good not great as was the 2.23 GAA. The 8 SO was really good.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    That's what I think too, but understand the difficulty in choosing one over the other.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Giant

thanks guys. I'm a big fan of rask and I think he's the better goalie but I just can't ignore Boston vs Dallas situation.
    Needed some extra opinions.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Wizard

i dont think you go wrong either way...based on few drafts i did this year rask has way more value,so just based on that maybe he is better choice to keep but production could go either way.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If I'm drafting and both are available, I take Rask. I just feel he is the safer choice and is simply a better goalie.

True, Boston isn't a powerhouse anymore, but also I'm also not buying into all the Dallas hype either. They were defensively terrible last season. The only team that allowed more goals in the West was Colorado.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    If they both played in identical situations, I'd take Rask. But Cassidy is opening things up in Boston, so that won't help Rask. Meanwhile, Hitchcock is usually a goalie's best friend. I'll take Bishop, by a hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Gordy View Post
    If I'm drafting and both are available, I take Rask. I just feel he is the safer choice and is simply a better goalie.

True, Boston isn't a powerhouse anymore, but also I'm also not buying into all the Dallas hype either. They were defensively terrible last season. The only team that allowed more goals in the West was Colorado.
    Well said guys. Tough choice for me as well. I'm leaning towards the safer of the two in Rask. Bishop could pay off huge in Dallas, a very good team with an excellent coach known for helping teams play a more defensive brand of hockey. Damn, I think I just talked myself into saying I'd take Bishop! Swing for the fences.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Magnificent One

Some pretty interesting food for thought:

Goals allowed by 2001-02 Flyers (the year before Hitchcock took over) - 192
    Goals allowed by 2002-03 Flyers (Hitchcock's first year at the helm) - 166

Goals allowed by 2005-06 Blue Jackets (the year before Hitchcock took over) - 276
    Goals allowed by 2006-07 Blue Jackets (Hitchcock took over after game 20) - 244

Goals allowed by 2010-11 Blues (the year before Hitchcock took over) - 228
    Goals allowed by 2011-12 Blues (Hitchcock took over after game 13) - 155
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/