Keeper League...

I can keep 1 goalie and it's between Gibson and Vasilevskiy

Head to Head

Wins, Losses, GAA., SV%, Shut Outs are scoring categories

Who do I keep and why?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Vasilevskiy vs Gibson

Welcome to the forums.

I have always been higher on Vasilevskiy and nothing has ever changed for me.

Plain and simple, I've never trusted Gibson to stay healthy.

If you do a search for either of these goalies, you will find plenty of threads on Gibson vs Vasilevskiy over the past couple seasons.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Newbie

I think this is the first time the rubber has hit the road so to speak as both are legit #1 goalies now. There are no obstructions.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Vas over Gibby for the same reason as Axeman. Plus, I see Anaheim peaking and maybe in decline lead by their older stars. Tampa will be relevant for several years to come IMO and Vas stands to benefit.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i like Vasyl too, but to be honest i dont think either of them will ever live up to the hype

Dobber Sports Jedi

Miller was brought in to Anh because doubts still remain about Gibson being ready for a full #1 load.

Bishop was sent out as TB is convinced Vasil is ready (weren't going to resign him and traded vs. walking for nothing due to their belief in Vasil)

These team actions over the last 8 months is pretty telling.

Vasil.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

For what it's worth, there are only seven goalies who've played in 90+ games since 2013-14 while sporting both a cumulative SV% of .917+ and a GAA of 2.32 or below - Price, Holtby, Quick, Elliott, Talbot, Schneider, and Gibson. That's some pretty fine company. On the other side, you have Vas, who could be great but didn't exactly look superb after Bishop was traded. Still - TB stands to be a better team for the next 5+ years, so that's a factor as well. There's arguments for both - I'd barely go with Gibson due to what he's shown already.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ya, this is a tough one. Both are well hyped.

Gibson has more of a track record, but legitimate concerns about staying healthy.

Vasilevsky hasn't shown any health concerns, but hasn't shown to be reliable in the NHL yet.

I think ultimately Gibson is the better goalie, but will constantly be hindered by injury. Vasilevsky concerns me as we haven't seen a long stretch of solid play yet. I think I have to go with Gibson based on what we've seen so far, but it's tough.

The Great One

Vasilevsky. He's going to be at least good if not great this year and there too many injury concerns with Gibson. How many teams in your league? How many Gs can you roster? Good things to know in H2H as far as replacing Gibson's starts when he gets hurt
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    For what it's worth, there are only seven goalies who've played in 90+ games since 2013-14 while sporting both a cumulative SV% of .917+ and a GAA of 2.32 or below - Price, Holtby, Quick, Elliott, Talbot, Schneider, and Gibson. That's some pretty fine company. On the other side, you have Vas, who could be great but didn't exactly look superb after Bishop was traded. Still - TB stands to be a better team for the next 5+ years, so that's a factor as well. There's arguments for both - I'd barely go with Gibson due to what he's shown already.
    Well... He did post a 0.926 save percentage after Bishop was traded.

I will agree, however, that his consistency was a bit frustrating, especially in a head to head format. His good games were great, but his poor games were pretty weak.

Dobber Sports Newbie

We can play 2 goalies min 3 games a week. We have 12 teams so a solid #1 goalie who plays lots of games is critical.

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Vasilevsky. He's going to be at least good if not great this year and there too many injury concerns with Gibson. How many teams in your league? How many Gs can you roster? Good things to know in H2H as far as replacing Gibson's starts when he gets hurt
    - - - Updated - - -

We can play 2 goalies min 3 games a week. We have 12 teams so a solid #1 goalie who plays lots of games is critical.

- - - Updated - - -

The Great One

Yeah so I'd go with Vasilevsky here.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If you can roster multiple goalies AND you have daily starts, I'd say you go Gibson - mostly because Anaheim has a great "off-night" schedule.
    Then you can grab two other solid goalies... and maybe Ryan Miller as late, late-round insurance on Gibson.
    In daily H2H, you can get more starts of Gibson + two other #1 goalies than from most other 3-team combos.

While I like Tampa Bay as a team... their defense beyond the top pairing of Hedman/Stralman... is really bad. (Coburn, Sustr, Dotchin, Koekkoek, McBain... ugh)
    Meanwhile, Anaheim has a rock solid defense (Hampus, Fowler, Vatanen, Bieksa, Montour, Manson, Bieksa...), which includes a nice recent value D add of Francois Beauchemin.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    If you can roster multiple goalies AND you have daily starts, I'd say you go Gibson - mostly because Anaheim has a great "off-night" schedule.
    Then you can grab two other solid goalies... and maybe Ryan Miller as late, late-round insurance on Gibson.
    In daily H2H, you can get more starts of Gibson + two other #1 goalies than from most other 3-team combos.

While I like Tampa Bay as a team... their defense beyond the top pairing of Hedman/Stralman... is really bad. (Coburn, Sustr, Dotchin, Koekkoek, McBain... ugh)
    Meanwhile, Anaheim has a rock solid defense (Hampus, Fowler, Vatanen, Bieksa, Montour, Manson, Bieksa...), which includes a nice recent value D add of Francois Beauchemin.
    Don't forget Sergachev!! He's probably NHL ready and could be quite good....
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

The Great One

Don't forget Sergachev!! He's probably NHL ready and could be quite good....
    Don't count on that for 2017-18 at least, not with the stipulation that Tampa has to send Montreal a good draft pick if he plays something like 41 games this season.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/