Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade: Quick vs Price

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade: Quick vs Price

For the league in my sig.
    I've been trying to part ways with Price as his 10.5M cap hit next year will just not be worth it.
    We only track W and SO.

Someone offered Quick (5.8M) + 7th rd pick for Price (6.5M in 17-18 & 10.5M in 18-19) + a 3rd rd pick
    Should I take it? I'm worried about Quick's injury issues and that I'm trading away one of the best goalie.
    Salary Cap Keeper League #1
    12 teams, 21 players (12F, 4D, 2G, 3B) 10 Keepers/team
    G A PPP SHP GWG PIMS HITS SOG ... W SO

F: Crosby (8.7) Barkov (5.9) Stamkos (8.5) Marner (10.9M) Wheeler (8.3)
    Tolvanen (1.5) Arvidsson (4.2) Hoffman (4.5) McCann (2.9)
    D: Hedman (7.8)
    G: Demko (5.0) Hart (3.9)

The Great One

Default Re: Trade: Quick vs Price

You've also got Tavares and Trouba in line for healthy raises, plus Carlson soon too, so you will have to shed salary if not now then very, very soon. I might look for a way to keep Price and maybe deal Tavares - Price is such a difference maker.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    You've also got Tavares and Trouba in line for healthy raises, so you will have to shed salary somewhere. But I might look for a way to keep Price and maybe deal Tavares - Price is such a difference maker.
    Not so much in this league though ... To give you an idea, Price finished 6th in goalies last year with 126 points. Holtby finished first with 159 and the 15th goalie with 104.
    If no injury were to occur to any of them, I would believe Price might actually be just 10 points ahead of Quick. But as of next year, he would be 4.7M cheaper

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Patry88 View Post
    Not so much in this league though ... To give you an idea, Price finished 6th in goalies last year with 126 points. Holtby finished first with 159 and the 15th goalie with 104.
    If no injury were to occur to any of them, I would believe Price might actually be just 10 points ahead of Quick. But as of next year, he would be 4.7M cheaper
    That would've been helpful to know at the outset. Maybe you just answered your own question?
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Pro

That would've been helpful to know at the outset. Maybe you just answered your own question?
    Seems that way.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Never hurts to get a second opinion. I'm don't own a crystal ball and I'm no expert. Thanks for your reply

The Great One

Price didn't have the shutouts. That was his big issue last year. In al honesty he cost me a win last season. I finished third overall and was dead last in shutouts. I guess I was also fooked by Schneider's sub par season as he was my second goalie most of last season. Anyway, 3 shutouts for Price was a bit of an off year. He'll have a few more this season. I'm not in on Quick. At all. Too old and too injury prone and the Kings are not looking good...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

We know that forwards count for 7 categories and goalies 2 categories. But you are referring to points and we have no idea how points work in your league. Without knowing that you won't get any insightful responses.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    We know that forwards count for 7 categories and goalies 2 categories. But you are referring to points and we have no idea how points work in your league. Without knowing that you won't get any insightful responses.
    Here's how points are calculated:
    G (1) A (1) PPG (1) PPA (0.5) SHG (1) SHA (0.5) GWG (1) PIM (0.2) SOG (0.1) ... W (3) SO (3)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think grabbing Quick is an improvement of your situation (considering cap issues and the potential for Quick to have a great year if no injuries), but I think I would still look for another good goalie that doesnt have the injury history of Quick.

Price value in your league might have gone down a little, but I think it would be well worth it to sell him higher, even if that translates to waiting a bit more before trading him.
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ya, trading Price seems like a solid idea here, but Quick is not the guy I would want to be getting for him. Too many injuries to this point in his career makes me very wary of him in a keeper. I'd try for a different goalie.

Or, out of curiosity, what other goalies do you own? If your goaltending situation is ok even without Price, I would look to move him for a forward.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Ya, trading Price seems like a solid idea here, but Quick is not the guy I would want to be getting for him. Too many injuries to this point in his career makes me very wary of him in a keeper. I'd try for a different goalie.

Or, out of curiosity, what other goalies do you own? If your goaltending situation is ok even without Price, I would look to move him for a forward.
    My other goalie is C. anderson. I'm not planning on keeping him though.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I just got offered a 4th round pick this year and a 1st round pick in 2018 for Price. No players in return. Early draft picks are valuable in salary cap leagues as it's often the new kids that are available at that point. I'm thinking this isn't enough but would like your opinion. My other G is Craig Anderson (not a great option but not terrible). Goalies available at the draft include: Lehner Darling Smith Saros and basically all the goalies who are on a tandem situation (greiss halak mason, etc)

The Great One

I'd hold out for more. Price doesn't carry the big hit until next year. Trade Anderson for the 4th round pick and then draft Lehner or Smith. Then wait for someone's goaltending to implode this year and get what Price is worth....which is quite a bit.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I'd hold out for more. Price doesn't carry the big hit until next year. Trade Anderson for the 4th round pick and then draft Lehner or Smith. Then wait for someone's goaltending to implode this year and get what Price is worth....which is quite a bit.
    I like this... the price tag without elite stats being racked up nightly hurt his value. Get him on a all-world streak and an owner will bite the bullet on the cap hit to get the top G and give you more than Quick & 7th. I like the idea of holding into next season and shopping when his value goes back up.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4