Thread: C or D for final keeper

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default C or D for final keeper

team in signature, 20 keepers...

dropping 6, C. Smith, R. Miller, Zajac, Johnson, Seidenberg and Pesce.

So I'm keeping some 3rd line C's in Lowry and Vermette for FOW's over Johnson for blocks,

Thoughts?
    20 team H2H keeper, 25 players - Keep 20 - 2016 Champion! 2017 Champion!!
    Stats Used: G,A, PPP ,+ -, GWG, SHG, SOG, FW, BL, GP, W, SV%, GAA, SO (2 start min)
    C - Start 4 - Crosby, Malkin, O'Reilly, Backstrom, Thornton, Zetterberg, Reilly Nash,
    W- Start 8 - Forsberg, Ovechkin, Arvidsson, Toffoli, Marleau, Silferberg, Rattie, Wood, Gersich, Leipsic,
    D- Start 6 - Burns, Shattenkirk, Josi, Ellis, Phaneuf,Nemeth, Pioknk
    G- Start 2 - Dubnyk, Grubauer, M.Smith , Niemi,

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: C or D for final keeper

You've kept four goalies in a start 2 situation. Wouldn't it make more sense to keep Johnson and his blocked shots over a fourth goalie? In fact, I think the goaltenders you have are pretty weak after Dubnyk, and wouldn't hesitate to drop either Markstrom (starts for a weak Canuck team) or Grubauer (not a starter in Washington).

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yeah, but having 4 ( and 3 starters even if only one is good) lets me win GS every week and W most weeks, then crapshoot on the other stats... Grubauer I like keeping as I'd like to think he'll be somewhere else starting in a couple years when i need it...
    20 team H2H keeper, 25 players - Keep 20 - 2016 Champion! 2017 Champion!!
    Stats Used: G,A, PPP ,+ -, GWG, SHG, SOG, FW, BL, GP, W, SV%, GAA, SO (2 start min)
    C - Start 4 - Crosby, Malkin, O'Reilly, Backstrom, Thornton, Zetterberg, Reilly Nash,
    W- Start 8 - Forsberg, Ovechkin, Arvidsson, Toffoli, Marleau, Silferberg, Rattie, Wood, Gersich, Leipsic,
    D- Start 6 - Burns, Shattenkirk, Josi, Ellis, Phaneuf,Nemeth, Pioknk
    G- Start 2 - Dubnyk, Grubauer, M.Smith , Niemi,

Dobber Sports Titan

I have used the 4G strategy in a league like this before and it's highly effective. Any chance you can trade Grubauer or Greiss to a team desperate for goalies and then keep Miller too?

I agree with keeping FWs over Blks, as blks are a lot easier to find.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Magnificent One

FYI - Lowry had sneaky across the board value last year. Nine of his 29 points were on the PP and one was a SHP. Plus he had 217 hits, 56 blocks, 122 SOG, and 658 FOW.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    FYI - Lowry had sneaky across the board value last year. Nine of his 29 points were on the PP and one was a SHP. Plus he had 217 hits, 56 blocks, 122 SOG, and 658 FOW.
    Ya, Lowry was a multi-cat gem last year with hits and FOW leagues. Too bad this league doesnt use hits or he would be an easy choice for me. That being said, I'd still keep him and Vermette as the OP is thinking here and go with the bonus FOW. Vermette missed a lot of time last year and plays on PP1 a lot too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

No off-season trades, so can't move any goalies now. Thanks for the confirmation guys

Big Daddy

How isn't anyone amazed or asking how on earth you managed to get all of Crosby, McDavid, Forsberg, Ovechkin, Karlsson, Shattenkirk and Josi on the same team in a 20 team league?!?!? It isn't even close to fair. I wouldn't even bother playing in this league up against your team. Well done. How'd you pull this off?
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström