Thread: Dobbers health update

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Dobbers health update

After reading Dobber's health update on the front page and learning that there will be no Mid Season Guide this year, i thought it would be a nice gesture if he still put up the option to buy it. Id be more than willing to purchase it this year even if one is not produced, heck maybe he could answer one fantasy hockey question via PM. All the proceeds could go to his family in this time of need.

I dunno just a thought.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Dobbers health update

co-sign.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Initiate

great idea Fizz , im onboard!
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4Ever View Post
    great idea Fizz , im onboard!
    I think it's a nice gesture, but it may just end up causing headaches for him when unsuspecting customers buy it without understanding that it doesn't actually exist and is only ceremonial.

Dobber also expressed a disinterest in charity (which I respect very much), so I'm not sure it's something he would want. If I was him, I wouldn't want this, as well intentioned as I know it is. If you want to support him, there are plenty of other guides and products for sale that you can purchase, as well as turning off your ad-blocker, etc. Things beyond straight charity.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I think it's a nice gesture, but it may just end up causing headaches for him when unsuspecting customers buy it without understanding that it doesn't actually exist and is only ceremonial.

Dobber also expressed a disinterest in charity (which I respect very much), so I'm not sure it's something he would want. If I was him, I wouldn't want this, as well intentioned as I know it is. If you want to support him, there are plenty of other guides and products for sale that you can purchase, as well as turning off your ad-blocker, etc. Things beyond straight charity.
    I think this sums up the situation well.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Stud

yeah, all good points forumname.. its just me wanting to do something for him and his family. I like the ad blocker idea.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    yeah, all good points forumname.. its just me wanting to do something for him and his family. I like the ad blocker idea.
    Completely understandable. Removing the ad blocker definitely helps, and you could always throw a little money at him by buying things you wouldn't normally buy (baseball guide, playoff guide, or even guides from previous years which are still available if you really want to get nuts). Recommending the site/guides to your friends would be another good way of indirectly helping, but I can't recommend promoting the guides to people in your pools if you like winning