Thread: price to acquire Jack Eichel?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default price to acquire Jack Eichel?

Sorry if this is redundant, I searched for other threads first but Eichel is mentioned virtually everywhere. Happy to read through another thread if anyone can link it.

What would you be willing to pay to acquire Eichel? Or what would you require to be willing to part with him?

12-team (keep 6), H2H categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT
    (I know I haven't provided my roster, mostly looking to gauge value in this format)

some potential offers/yeidls:
    - Gaudreau + Reinhart
    - Pacioretty + a 3rd?
    - Pacioretty + a 1st?
    - Gaudreau + kopitar?

Any combination of the above? Or feel feel to introduce new players :P

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: price to acquire Jack Eichel?

Gaudreau one for one should get the other GM listening. Don't see the other deals happening. Treat JE as a 76+ point threat and try an offer up a similar value player or combination of 2 players. I would try Gaudreau but I wouldn't go reaching for Eichel just yet. Both pretty equal in your set up and in a keep 6.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Gaudreau one for one should get the other GM listening. Don't see the other deals happening. Treat JE as a 76+ point threat and try an offer up a similar value player or combination of 2 players. I would try Gaudreau but I wouldn't go reaching for Eichel just yet. Both pretty equal in your set up and in a keep 6.
    Due to some league semantics, I would be able to keep Eichel as a farm/rookie player, but not the others.
    Thank you though, I was hoping 1for1 wasn't too out of reach.

Dobber Sports Deity

I am not sure if any of those offers would tempt me to move Eichel, especially in a limited keeper. Gaudreau and Reinhart is probably the strongest offer but in a limited keeper like that, it would depend if you are sending him one keeper or two. If it's only one, and I'd assume it would be Gaudreau, that would be like a 1 for 1 deal for Eichel and that's where you won't get him interested. If it's a 2 for 1 deal where as both players you send him are strong keeper candidates, then you have a better chance.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

As an Eichel owner in a keeper league, unless I needed to fill multiple vacancies on my roster, I wouldn't trade Eichel for any of the pieces above. A couple of years ago Gaudreau and Kopitar would have done it (if Eichel had been playing then), but I'm nervous about Kopitar going forward. To me, Eichel > Gaudreau > Pacioretty.
    20-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko
    G: Rask
    Farm: Kravtsov, A Boqvist, Necas, I Samsonov

Dobber Sports Star

Eichel is definitely above any of those offers, at least to a GM paying attention. Really, it doesn't matter what "reasonable" value is... the value it'll take is what the other owner will accept. Especially in a keep-6, you should expect to pay a hefty price (like two top-20 players for a top-10 player -type value).

Johnny Hockey has a good name, but with respect, he's a terrible player in this scoring setup. I've flagged the categories where he's good, neutral, and awful. In a category-based H2H, any player with a bunch of awful results is... well... awful.

G,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT

Patches + Gaudreau might get the other owner interested (Patches > Gaudreau in this format), but Eichel is probably worth more than the two. The real way to answer the question is to ask the other GM. You're not going to get a "deal" on Eichel in any league with competent GMs, so you're not losing any potential deal leverage/opportunity by being forthright.

Dobber Sports Genius

Eichel is in this tier:

McDavid
    Eichel
    Crosby
    Laine
    Karlsson
    Burns
    Kucherov
    Kane
    Holtby

The offers you are suggesting would not be anywhere close to what it would take for me (the hypothetical Eichel owner) to consider moving him.

I think an offer like Kane + Seguin is the realm you need to be offering.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

The Great One

I like using Gaudreau, because his name will show you mean business yet he's actually not that great in leagues other than points only. I might try to avoid lumping in Reinhart, since if you have both him and Eichel you can feast on points, but perhaps you might have to go that route in order to soften the blow to the other GM. The key is none of the players you mentioned would be untouchable in trying to get Eichel.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

As an Eichel owner, none of the deals you mentioned would compel me to move him. Essentially you're looking to move quantity for quality, and, in my experience, most savvy GMs aren't going to bite (unless each part of the quantity is nearly close in Eichel value and/or there's a glaring positional need at D or G that needs filling).
    2012 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Player's Category

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm an Eichel owner in my other league and it would take the likes of Klingberg + Barkov to get my attention
    FANTRAX SALARY CAP LEAGUE
    $75m Cap League / 12 Teams / 18 Keepers
    20min - 25max man roster / 5 Minor bench
    G, A, STP, FOW, Takeaways, Hits, BLKS, PIM, SOG,
    W, SV%, Saves

C: Backstrom, MacKinnon, Backlund, Jost, Barzal, Zetterberg, Trocheck

W; Ehlers, Bjorkstrand, Hayden, Haley, Pacioretty, Boeser, Kreider, Riley Nash

D: Gudas, OEL, Ristolainen, Chychrun, Nurse, McAvoy Sergachev

G: Dubnyk, Stalock, Smith,
    Minor bench: Demko, Samsonov, White, Steel, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for the feedback!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I offered hall/Hedman/and ek and got a quick rejection if that helps. I don't think any of those deals abound get it done IMO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I've offered any player on my roster for Eichel (guys like Tarasenko, even Holtby) and the guy wouldn't budge. IMO, he's a guy you build your team around and I'd sell the farm to get him. In a year or two he's going to be in that elite group of a few players right under McDavid.

Dobber Sports Pro

Price to acquire Jack Eichel? Hmm... maybe. Depends on what my goalie depth looks like after Price.