Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [TRADE] Cavs-Celtics Blockbuster

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: [TRADE] Cavs-Celtics Blockbuster

Yes, we should definitely knock Lebron for not being able to beat the team that was Golden State last year. Definitely a big knock on him. What a loser. Of course it doesn't matter that Lebron has already been to the finals more than Jordan, meaning Jordan tends to lose much earlier in the playoffs, but sure, finals lol.

By extension of the argument, Scottie Pippen, also 6-0 in the finals, is the second best player of all time.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Yes, we should definitely knock Lebron for not being able to beat the team that was Golden State last year. Definitely a big knock on him. What a loser. Of course it doesn't matter that Lebron has already been to the finals more than Jordan, meaning Jordan tends to lose much earlier in the playoffs, but sure, finals lol.
    No need to heat up. Like I said, just a difference of opinion. Yours is valid too.

Dobber Sports Pro

By extension of the argument, Scottie Pippen, also 6-0 in the finals, is the second best player of all time.
    Let's not attack a straw man. Nobody here is suggesting that Robert Horry is better than all the aforementioned players.

Its the combination of the number of championships AND Lebron-level stats that makes the GOAT argument for Jordan. Not the championships alone.

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    No need to heat up. Like I said, just a difference of opinion. Yours is valid too.

Who's heated? I've yet to see the justification for all the times Jordan couldn't even make it to the finals. I guess those don't matter lol.

Dobber Sports Pro

Who's heated? I've yet to see the justification for all the times Jordan couldn't even make it to the finals. I guess those don't matter lol.
    "Definitely a big knock on him. What a loser." I guess maybe snippy was a better word than heated. Obviously nobody called Lebron a loser.

Dobber Sports Pro

It is hard to knock Lebron for losing to Golden State twice but..
    We can definitely knock Lebron for choking vs Dwight Howard's Orlando Magic and costing all NBA fans a Lebron v Kobe finals.
    We can knock Lebron for that year they lost to the Mavericks in the finals.
    I'm not a big basketball guy, i'd rank it as my 5th favorite sport, but I follow it on and off; and imo making it to the finals a bunch out of the perennially weak Eastern Conference does not make up for being 6-0 in NBA Finals.
    The Scottie Pippen 6-0 counter-argument doesnt work cause Pippen wasnt the MVP in all 6 Finals, MJ was.

I do love this debate tho when it comes up, MJ defenders get so worked up about it(not in this thread i mean). Much like I would defending Gretzky as the best, tho in that case I got all the stats on my side.

ps. I rate Kyrie very highly, above I.Thomas without a doubt, so I like it for Boston. But Cleveland made a very nice trade considering the situation. They might not be a complete disaster once Lebron leaves after all.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer