Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2017/18 Rocky Horror Roto Show

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: 2017/18 Rocky Horror Roto Show

I hear ya...
    It's also the year of the three-headed Lightning dragon.

Pretty much any team that owns one of Kucherov, Stamkos, or Vasliveskiy is in the top half of their league.
    Anybody that drafted Burns or Price is pretty well doomed at this point.

You are in the same boat as me right now re: Trades.
    Couturier, Wheeler, Rantanen - man, those are some good players to own over last month!!!

[Also props to everybody that really truly saw the Brayden Schenn outbreak coming... he's been the real deal. I'm shamed I doubted him!]

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Couturier, Wheeler, Rantanen - man, those are some good players to own over last month!!!
    I know - thought Couturier and Rantanen would slow down a bit. And Matthews hurt...sheesh. Hertl has been ok as well as Shaw after picking him back up but still not looking good on the whole.

The Wolverine

Recent trade:

J.T. Miller NYR - C,LW,RW
    Will Butcher NJ - D

Traded to Steenage Werewolf

Roman Josi Nsh - D
    Traded to Maaaaaa-chete

The Wolverine

Trade:

Sebastian Aho Car - LW,RW
    Traded to Polter-Getz

Josh Anderson Cls - RW
    Traded to Gost Story

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Some funny stats on my goaltending this year:
    GAA: 3.12 (last)
    SV%: .901 (2nd last)

In standings view, you can click your team and see how your rostered (staring) players have performed for you.
    Check this out:

C. Hellebuyck...Wpg - G... 14 2.37 503 ...0.923 (alone, these stats would be good for 2nd place GAA, 2nd place SV%)
    My 2-Win Patch Club:
    S. Mason...Wpg - G... 2 3.54 121 ...0.903
    D. Kuemper...LA - G... 2 1.93 51 ...0.927
    C. Lindgren...Mon - G... 2 2.79 193 ...0.910
    K. Kinkaid...NJ - G... 2 4.27 92 ...0.876
    My 1-Win Patch Club:
    M. Neuvirth...Phi - G... 1 2.83 135 ...0.912
    O. Pavelec...NYR - G... 1 3.41 81 ...0.890

M. Subban...VGK - G... 1 1 21 ...0.955
    C. McElhinney...Tor - G... 1 3 30 ...0.909
    J. Bernier...Col - G... 1 3.32 105 ...0.875

My LOSERS!!!
    L. Domingue...TB - G... 0 5.15 36 ...0.878
    A. Forsberg...Chi - G... 0 4.25 94 ...0.895
    L. Brossoit...Edm - G... 0 5.19 16 ...0.762
    A. Khudobin...Bos - G... 0 4.78 37 ...0.881
    E. Lack...Cgy - G... 0 6.4 34 ...0.791
    A. Hill...Ari - G... 0 4.06 25 ...0.862
    C. Ward...Car - G... 0 3.59 54 ...0.885

TOTAL 27 3.12 1,628... 0.901

In summary, I've got about 14w, in about 19 starts from Hellebuyck. (missed 1w in 1gs)
    And........... I've got about 13w, in about 41 starts from others!!!

Like... when I sad that Ma's mass-goalie-drafting totally fugged me up... it's been just brutal spot-starting this year without a solid 2nd goalie.
    (And it's not doing him any good hoarding all those guys and benching so many starts. Just dragged us both down into the gulch where we split peripheral points to nobody's advantage. Who invited him!?!?!.)
    RantOver (for now)

ps. Soooooo wrong about Mason.
    pps. Soooooo right about the Jets!!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Overall grade: A.
    I followed my pre-draft strategy perfectly and magically got Nylander, Drouin, and Mason to fall to places I wanted to value draft them.
    It was probably the closest I've ever been able to pull off a draft. I had perhaps one or maybe two players sniped from in front of me, which is very rare.

Projected Finish Cases:
    a) Mason sucks, I don't find patch goalies: 8/12
    b) Mason average, short a few patch goalies: 5/12
    c) Mason is great, I patch my second goalie: 2/12

Check in again at start of December.
    Great draft by this group!!!

My check-in post, because I said I would.
    First, per above, Mason has sucked and I haven't found patch goalies. I pegged myself for 8/12 in that case.
    As of today, I'm 9th/12... with 79pts. I'm way back. In truth, I'd give myself a 2% chance of winning - I'm just out of it.

I knew my goalies could be bad, Hellebuyck (per above) and the Jets have actually been INCREDIBLE. That part of my strategy gets a checkmark.
    But patching in goalies just hasn't gone well this year for me. I can't seem to find a good start and goalie injuries (& Ma's hoarding) have made it more difficult than past years to cycle in guys.

The big disappointment has been my skaters.
    Temek had me pegged with 83 skater points, which would have been 2nd in league.
    So even his projections were incredibly off for my skaters.

My centers have been solid. Toews (Y055), Barkov (Y026), and Backlund (Y090) are all out-performing my draft position on them, the one thing that a team needs to win, have your players outperform their draft position.
    My wingers have been abysmal. Nylander (Y094) and B.Point (Y087) have been my bright spots. Drouin, Rakell, and Silfverberg have been shooting, but not scoring, and not providing enough PPP.
    My defense have been OK. I was out to a great start, but Karlsson... something is WRONG with Karlsson this year. It will be revealed eventually, maybe after season, but something is wrong. Risto has been hot garbage (Oh, the Matthews miss). Hedman has been OK, Muzzin has been a delight.

I'm so far back in Goals that I basically HAD to make a trade, moving out RyJo/Gio for Neal/Couture.
    Giordano, I had to refrain from mentioning, is a player I really wanted to move early in the season - he just seems to have deferred on his own self-desire to create offense and his BLK have dipped huge since start of seaon.
    RyJo sucks, I'm glad he sucked recently because in the 14 days RIGHT AFTER I traded him, he's the #3 overall fantasy player in that time. But he doesn't SOG or score... and he seems to only play well for spells when he gets called out for lack of effort. As soon as NAS acquired Turris, I truly worried that he'd start slacking with somebody else in the spotlight. Sure, RyJo will pot a couple goals... but then he goes back to sucky-RyJo. I'm actually happy now owning Neal & Couture who can at least put the puck in the back of the net.

In earnest, I'm so far back (and annoyed) that I'll be happy to finish top six.
    That's what I'm aiming for... 6th. Bah.

My focus is on my Dobber-PRO team.
    Good luck to those of you with a chance, I'll still be trying to be competitive and up for making trades, but the hole is to massive to climb out of!!!

Oh... also... I do now (finally!) own Radek Faksa as my C4 (to fill the RyJo spot).
    It's been a long-time dream of mine, well, for the last three years, to own Faksa on a fantasy hockey team.
    If this wasn't RHRS... I'd be changing my team name:

Dobber Sports Icon

My check-in post, because I said I would.
    First, per above, Mason has sucked and I haven't found patch goalies. I pegged myself for 8/12 in that case.
    As of today, I'm 9th/12... with 79pts. I'm way back. In truth, I'd give myself a 2% chance of winning - I'm just out of it.

I knew my goalies could be bad, Hellebuyck (per above) and the Jets have actually been INCREDIBLE. That part of my strategy gets a checkmark.
    But patching in goalies just hasn't gone well this year for me. I can't seem to find a good start and goalie injuries (& Ma's hoarding) have made it more difficult than past years to cycle in guys.

The big disappointment has been my skaters.
    Temek had me pegged with 83 skater points, which would have been 2nd in league.
    So even his projections were incredibly off for my skaters.

My centers have been solid. Toews (Y055), Barkov (Y026), and Backlund (Y090) are all out-performing my draft position on them, the one thing that a team needs to win, have your players outperform their draft position.
    My wingers have been abysmal. Nylander (Y094) and B.Point (Y087) have been my bright spots. Drouin, Rakell, and Silfverberg have been shooting, but not scoring, and not providing enough PPP.
    My defense have been OK. I was out to a great start, but Karlsson... something is WRONG with Karlsson this year. It will be revealed eventually, maybe after season, but something is wrong. Risto has been hot garbage (Oh, the Matthews miss). Hedman has been OK, Muzzin has been a delight.

I'm so far back in Goals that I basically HAD to make a trade, moving out RyJo/Gio for Neal/Couture.
    Giordano, I had to refrain from mentioning, is a player I really wanted to move early in the season - he just seems to have deferred on his own self-desire to create offense and his BLK have dipped huge since start of seaon.
    RyJo sucks, I'm glad he sucked recently because in the 14 days RIGHT AFTER I traded him, he's the #3 overall fantasy player in that time. But he doesn't SOG or score... and he seems to only play well for spells when he gets called out for lack of effort. As soon as NAS acquired Turris, I truly worried that he'd start slacking with somebody else in the spotlight. Sure, RyJo will pot a couple goals... but then he goes back to sucky-RyJo. I'm actually happy now owning Neal & Couture who can at least put the puck in the back of the net.

In earnest, I'm so far back (and annoyed) that I'll be happy to finish top six.
    That's what I'm aiming for... 6th. Bah.

My focus is on my Dobber-PRO team.
    Good luck to those of you with a chance, I'll still be trying to be competitive and up for making trades, but the hole is to massive to climb out of!!!

Oh... also... I do now (finally!) own Radek Faksa as my C4 (to fill the RyJo spot).
    It's been a long-time dream of mine, well, for the last three years, to own Faksa on a fantasy hockey team.
    If this wasn't RHRS... I'd be changing my team name:

You had some rough luck there Peng. I have to say though, I hope you don't focus too hard on that Pro team as you are chasing me for a podium spot there right now. You should stay distracted with the RHRS for a little longer. Let's make a deal!
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I hope you don't focus too hard on that Pro team as you are chasing me for a podium spot there right now.
    My Dobber PRO team is good, really, really good.
    I think both you & I have a shot at top two (promotion for top two, yes?)... though Lonny Bohonos has that epic goalie-tandem, so its gonna be tough to overthrow him.

Dobber Sports Icon

My Dobber PRO team is good, really, really good.
    I think both you & I have a shot at top two (promotion for top two, yes?)... though Lonny Bohonos has that epic goalie-tandem, so its gonna be tough to overthrow him.
    I hope you are right about promotion for top. I would really love to get my ass handed to me in the experts league next year haha.

It?s funny because I?m much more focused on these 2 leagues than any of my others (including my money and keeper leagues). I?ve been in the RHRS since the inaugural season and my best finish was 4th in 2013. You edged me out that year for the last spot on the podium. I?ve always set my sites on a podium finish in this league and usually fall just short. This year I am aiming to win it all

Dobber Sports Icon

Well, just pulled the trigger on a deal with the Devil. I should know better than trading with Temek but I couldn?t resist this deal. Hopefully it works out for both of us

The Wolverine

Trade:

Torey Krug Bos - D
    Mitchell Marner Tor - C,RW

Traded to ZombEhlers

Elias Lindholm Car - C,RW
    Dion Phaneuf Ott - D

Traded to Gost Story

The Wolverine

Trade:

Aleksander Barkov Fla - C
    Traded to Natural Born Quiller

Jack Eichel Buf - C
    Traded to Fowlers in the Attic

The Wolverine

Trade:

Pavel Buchnevich NYR - LW,RW
    Traded to Steenage Werewolf

Brooks Orpik Was - D
    Traded to ZombEhlers

The Wolverine

Standings update - December 22, 2017:

Dobber Sports Icon

My injury luck with Centers is unbelievable:

Dubinsky goes down a while ago leaving me short on grit.
    A few days ago I lose Wennberg who had just started producing again.
    2 days ago Scheifle (my top C and one of my top players) goes out for 6-8 weeks
    Last night Kadri leaves the game early and is now day-to-day!!!

Normally I don't care for Yahoo's willy-nilly approach to giving everyone multi-position eligibility, but it's saving my bacon right now. I'm slotting Seguin in at C tonight (hate to waste those FOWs from the wing though). If he goes down, then I officially know that my C-slots are cursed and I will only be using waiver-fodder there from now on. C
    Without me, it's only "aweso".