Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2017/18 Rocky Horror Roto Show

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: 2017/18 Rocky Horror Roto Show

Love reading everyone's thoughts on how their (and everyone's) draft went. Here's my recap:

Overall, I feel like I started off well following my draft strategy. There were a few panic picks but even those should work out. I'm a little concerned about my D but while I don't have any elite stars, I have guys who should produce across the board.

Round 1 - Was targeting Kucherov here. I couldn't decide if that was too early or if there was no chance of him falling. All in all, I got him and I expect big things from him this year. I was surprised to see 2 goalies go off the board before this pick. That made my decision even easier as I usually would snag one of Price/Holtby at this point in this league.

Round 2 - Pre-draft I had decided to target Byfuglien, Seguin or Price/Holtby if one of them fell. Buff went the pick before (you got me a couple times too Russ haha) so I settled in with Seguin. He's a personal favorite and I expect big things from Dallas this year so I'm happy with this pick.

Round 3 - I had every intention of targeting a top D with my 3rd pick. But there were 3 names still on the board that made me reconsider (Scheifle, Backstrom, Laine). Even with the depth at C this year, I couldn't pass up Scheifle at this point of the draft. Laine of course went right after. Also, an early D run had taken the main names I was targeting.

Round 4 - At this point, Maa's goalie strategy made it necessary to grab a top goalie while there was still one on the board. I took off my black and gold glasses for a minute and grabbed Bishop instead of Rask (who Maa snagged 3 picks later)

Round 5 - As I watch my queue get decimated of the D-men I had lined up (Risto, Doughty, OEL, Hamilton), I decide to say "eff it", gotta take one of the Cs who should have been gone long ago (Matthews, Backstrom). Nope, they go next. Okay then, might as well snag another goalie as pickings are getting slim. Queue up Jones, Quick, Rinne, Vasilevsky. Of course Jones and Quick go right before my pick too. I snag Rinne, while Vas goes with the next pick. I'll be comparing those two all season.

Round 6 - Alright, D time? but but but Ehlers in still on the board. I had Ehlers ranked pretty high and was considering reaching for him in the 4th. Can I really justify taking Gost or Krug over him? No I can't. Ehlers it is!

Round 7 - Well, Gost and Krug went, as did Shattenkirk. So that means it's time to snag Faulk. I'm all ready to make the pick, but then I think, "Hmmm, it's only 6 picks more to my next shot and Panarin is still there. No! I need a D." Hit the draft button to snag Faulk only to realize I still highlighted Panarin. Oh well, could have been a lot worse.

Round 8 - Of course Faulk gets snagged in the interim. So I finally settled on my first D? ugh... Justin Schultz. Good thing Letang is king of the band-aid boys. Better keep targeting D.

Round 9 - Of course the D-men I?m eyeing like Klefbom, Carlson and Werenski go before I get my pick in. Looking at my roster, I have a lot of offense and not much grit. So I shift my D strategy a bit to target guys who produce across the board (at the expense of offensive production). Phaneuf definitely fits that mould.

Round 10 - Speaking of grit, this guy has been at the top of my queue for a few rounds now and I kept letting him slide. I think Kadri provides huge value in round 10. I?m really surprised he fell this far.

Round 11 - Time to get D3. Alec Martinez produces well across the board and I can't imagine his +/- will be as horrible as last season again... Right?!?

Round 12 - Thinking of grabbing a multi-cat stuffer like Backes or Palat here or maybe a third goalie but no one really does it for me. So I throw it out in the group chat to ask if I should reach for a guy. Pengwin encourages me (pretty sure he was targeting this guy soon) so I snag Elias Lindholm. May be a round early but with 16 picks until I select again, I doubt he makes it back to me.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Icon

Round 13 - Brady Skjei seemed like a solid bet to put up some Hits. His offense may take a hit with the arrival of Shattenkirk, but I'm willing to take a chance since D pickings are slim.

Round 14 - Brandon Dubinsky has always been a personal favorite. Adds some much needed grit to my forward corps. His value is a little lower as he lost his LW eligibility this year. But I have a lot of dual eligibility guys already so I think he still provides good value at C at this point.

Round 15 - Writing this made me realize that I drafted both Columbus top Cs with Wennberg at this point. I've also got Panarin so I have a lot invested in the Blue Jackets this year. Even still, he's good value at round 15 and if Panarin and Wennberg click, I should be near the top of the league in the offensive categories.

Round 16 - Definitely need a third goalie here and want a top backup on a top team. Should definitely take a young backup on a top team who can take over the starters role if the #1 gets injured. I own Rinne so selecting the handcuff in Saros surely makes the most sense here right? So I'll go ahead and pick Philip Grubauer (wtf was I thinking?). Of course Saros goes with the next pick. I'll call this one a whiff.

Round 17 - Hmm... my LW is still looking pretty thin. There's a top line C with LW eligibility left on the board. Who cares if he plays for Vegas? Vadim Shipachyov it is!

Round 18 - I haven't picked up a Bruin yet. How can I have a team with no Bruins? I?ll take the chance on Charlie McAvoy here.

Round 19 - 25 - Anything from Round 19 up is a bit of crapshoot anyway and I've learned not to be heavily invested in these picks. You get a few homeruns but need to be prepared to cut bait if they aren't producing. So I took some flyers on a few guys for bounce back seasons (Gallager [19], Hamonic [22]), Breakout seasons (Nolan Patrick [20], Slavin [23], Schmaltz [24]) and rounded out my goalies with a tandem of Howard (21) and Mrazek (25).

A few of the best value picks I noticed in the draft:
    Laine (34)
    Eichel (39)
    Matthews (49)
    Backstrom (50)
    Zetterberg (126)
    Hornqvist (146)
    Stone (148)
    Toffolli (175)
    Dadonov (216)
    Domi (226)
    Nyqvist (255)
    Varlamov (261) A starter this late is a great snag no matter who it is
    Victor Rask (294)

Another really fun draft as always. Can?t wait to see how things shake out this year.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Great posts guys! This is what makes this group of GMs so good! Awesome reading!
    Onto my team draft (round-by-round), with quotes from my pre-draft-written-manifesto:

Fowlers in the Attic

If it wasn't clear in my draft manifesto, the pre-set strategy was this:
    1. Draft D-heavy for 5-6 rounds. Mostly for the impossible tri-fecta of (PPP/SOG/BLK), but also in hopes of creating D-overdrafting and leaving some value-forwards on board in rounds 6-12.
    2. Wait, wait, wait on goalies. Preferably wait all the way until Round 10 and try get Steve Mason (WPG) and Brian Elliott (PHI) with hopes of Antti Raanta in Round 14/15.
    3. Value draft my wing-eligible FOW players in rounds 15-20.
    *. Unmentioned is that I plan to spot start for PIM/HIT throughout year, slow-playing that like a stalking lion.

Onto the picks:
    Round 1 (05):
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    1.McDavid, 2.Crosby, 3.Burns, 4.Karlsson, 5.Ovechkin
    Indeed, Erik Karlsson was there and I don't mind waiting a month or so for him... I've got lots of very, very solid D.

Round 2 (20) / 3 (29):
    Ideally I want one of Buff/Hedman/Weber here.
    Pretty awesome to start a draft and have first three rounds go according.to.plan!!! Hedman(20) and Weber(29). Wanted to start 3D, checkmark!

Round 4 (44) / 5 (53):
    ...its probably my fave Patrice Bergeron that could be there...Josi, Risto, Hamilton, Doughty, OEL, Gio? these are the guys I want there, in close to that order... 11.Weber, 12.Seguin(C/RW), 13.Matthews, 14.Subban, 15.Tavares, 16.Scheifele, 17.N.Backstrom
    I took Ristolainen (BUF) at 44... and as soon as I did, looked at the board and say Auston Matthews name on it. W.T.F. I wouldn't have thought a chance in hell that he OR Backstrom would/should have been there. My mistake along with many others, to leave him there. AtomicWedgy has a 5-round powerhouse in McDavid/Talbot/ /Matthews/Backstrom. On the plus side of my Risto pick is that the D thinned out Doughty, Hamilton, OEL going immediately after, then the awesome Matthews/Backstrom value pick (#ShameOnUs). I was able to get the last of my Tier II D-queue in Giordano. 5D after 5 rounds is exactly what I wanted, but in retrospect, I would've never skipped Matthews if I had seen him there.

Round 6 (68) / 7 (77):
    There are a couple constantly underrated centers that should be taken by now, but in the off chance that any of Jeff Carter, Claude Giroux, Ryan Kesler are here, my C007/C008/C009 players, I?ll take them.
    Just missed Carter. Giroux went (way too) early. Kesler is injured - and I had better plan on that. But I could NOT believe that Jon Toews (6th) and Ryan Johansen (7th) were there. Yeah, beauty. 2C/5D after 7. Absolutely digging my team at this point.

Round 8 (92) / 9 (101):
    Two wingers that I’d love to nab here are Jon Drouin (Y99) and Arvidsson (Y117). Both should be gone...
    This may have been my favourite rounds. I hadn't any wingers and I'm looking at William Nylander here, who I had written up to maybe draft in 6/7! And Jon Drouin... I was NOT prepared to see him here at a spot (101) later than his Yahoo board, but he was! I honestly think he could be a top 40 fantasy player, maybe top 30 in this format if he plays 200 FOW worth of draws.

Round 10 (116) / 11 (125):
    This is the spot where I’d really like to take my first goalie. ...So, ideal world, Steve Mason (WPG) is available here as my G1. Elliott (PHI) is the other guy I like.
    I absolutely could not believe Steve Mason was here. Salivating, yes please. I have ragged on Mason a lot - and have loved him on this talent-laden Winnipeg team which quite possibly has the best 6D group in the NHL, IMO. 24 of my top 25 goalies had gone to this point, with Ryan Ma hoarding FIVE goalies in hopes of creating a supply/demand advantage - I'll be honest, hadn't planned for that! But I got Mason... and later Hellebuyck. That shores up 82gp starts from Winnipeg and I'll only need to patch in the other 82 with spot back-up starts (20x4 back-ups will do it) or a trade. For Round 11, drafting a C3 named Alex Barkov (a team's C1 and PP1 gun) was great value, IMO. For my planning, an after 11 round team of 3C/2W/5D/1G was... perfect. A+.

Round 12 (140) / 13 (149): I took Rickard Rackell (C/LW) here, because with Kesler injury he may be raking FOW from wing and getting PP1 time. I was quite upset to see my last of my "comfortable" goalies here, Antti Raanta go with the next pick, thought he'd maybe slide to 14/15, oh well. Then I took Jake Muzzin, a HIT/BLK dynamo who won't possibly be -21 this year, as my D6. First team to fill out his D - that's me!!!

Round 14 (164) / 15 (173): Took my team namesake here, a former Windsor Spitfire, the new annointed and emerged Anaheim D1 (at least to start season with Lindholm out)... Mr. Cam Fowler. Fowlers in the Attic - I love it! And he's my D7... my D7... my spare! Good mercy. After the turn, I took another of the rising Anaheim youth, Jakob Silfverberg. I saw just too much potential in his game last year and as Corey Perry declines, Silfv may become a sniping fixture on ANA PP1 with Rakell.

Round 16 (188) / 17 (197): Philip Danault (C/LW) is a personal fave of mine because I expect 600 FOW from a top six guy. I also think he's smart enough to get 10+ PPP this year. And I filled my C4 with a very serviceable SOG C2 from Calgary, Mikael Backlund. Not a sexy pick, but Sam Bennett has struggled so much that I think Backlund is secure on CGY 2 and PP2.

Round 18 (212) / 19 (221): Kevin Hayes (C/RW) is my RW mirror of Danault, FOW from RW and some top six, maybe PP2 time. Good player. And Brayden Point (C/RW) may start line 2 wing with TB and upside of 55pts. Just so much good wing quality here, as I expected. And with the PP units around the NHL going 4F1D so much, I think all these guys are going to get a good share of PPP, like 10-15ppp, which D can't be found to get here.

***I was really giddy with my team through 19***
    Then, my internet cut for 2+ full rounds, and I got Jesse Puljujarvi and Timo Meier. Two guys with good upside IF they get top two line wing-time, but I'll probably just hold them on my bench until they get that TOI.
    When I logged back on, I went with four back-up goalies, because I do need to get 164gp:
    22 - Connor Hellebuyck, simply because ensuring 82gp from Winnipeg is critical.
    23 - Anton Forsberg. CHI back-up, should mean good wins per start. Crawford almost always plays 55-60, which leaves 22-27 for Forsberg.
    24 - Laurent Brossoit, say Cam Talbot gets injured... yeah, that's why. I also don't expect Talbot to play 70+ because Talbot fell apart in round 3 last year with too many starts. (IMO)
    25 - Michael Neuvirth. I really like Elliott to play 60 this year, but we all know he could not as has never... so now I root against that Peng theory!

Overall - my pure-scoring offense should be top 3 in this league.
    As should my BLK.

My weaknesses are HIT/PIM... which I can spot-fill and chase with the best of them.
    And - goaltending. That hinges on Mason - but I truly believe (as much as I suck with goalie valuation) that Winnipeg should be a very, very, very good team this year.
    Which leaves me chasing 82gp from other goalies... and that is actually a challenge I enjoy - spot chasing & prediction goalie starts (& wins!).

Overall grade: A.
    I followed my pre-draft strategy perfectly and magically got Nylander, Drouin, and Mason to fall to places I wanted to value draft them.
    It was probably the closest I've ever been able to pull off a draft. I had perhaps one or maybe two players sniped from in front of me, which is very rare.

Projected Finish Cases:
    a) Mason sucks, I don't find patch goalies: 8/12
    b) Mason average, short a few patch goalies: 5/12
    c) Mason is great, I patch my second goalie: 2/12

Check in again at start of December.
    Great draft by this group!!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Projected standings

Team Skater pts Goalie pts Total pts
    Gost Story 93 39 132
    The Kings in Yellow 74 35 109
    Polter-Getz 67 34 101
    Fowlers in the Attic 83 10 93
    Puck Snatchers 55 38 93
    Markov the Devil 71 18 89
    Lil Propp of Horrors 70 18 88
    MaxPac Cady 67 17 84
    Natural Born Quiller 65 16 81
    Horrorfan TBD 49 29 78
    Maaaaaa-chete 38 40 78
    ZombEhlers 48 18 66

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by temek View Post
    Projected standings

Gost Story 93 39 132
    The Kings in Yellow 74 35 109
    Polter-Getz 67 34 101
    Puck Snatchers 55 38 93
    Markov the Devil 71 18 89
    Lil Propp of Horrors 70 18 88
    MaxPac Cady 67 17 84
    Natural Born Quiller 65 16 81
    Horrorfan TBD 49 29 78
    Maaaaaa-chete 38 40 78
    ZombEhlers 48 18 66
    Ouch, I almost always outperform your projections but damn it shouldn't be hard this year.

Dobber Sports Stud

YL's draft recap

Always enjoy doing my own draft recap,highlighting the picks I liked (Here's Johnny!) or didn't like(Redrum). Find it's a great tool to review post-year, and look backon biases I had in order to be aware of my tendencies/preferences infuture years.

Round 1
    In the early rounds of this draft, youcan't really make any solid judgments, since each of these GM's bringa strategy to the draft, which often involves skipping higher ADPguys.

My pick: J.Benn
    HJ: Burns at #3. He's the one I wanted.
    RR: Bobrovsky at #10. Just not a bigfan of CBJ this year.

Round 2
    My pick: K.Letang
    HJ: Buff/Seguin – was really hopingone would slide back to me.
    RR: None.

Round 3
    My pick: J.Gibson
    HJ: Scheifele. Really great value here.
    RR: None really... though maybe a tadearly for Giroux if he doesn't bounce back.

Round 4
    My pick: D.Doughty
    HJ: J.Eichel. Awesome pick imo for Rd4.
    RR: None.

Round 5
    My pick: R.Getzlaf
    HJ: Matthews & Backstrom went 2/3picks ahead of me. Solid value. Perry went this round too and couldbe a steal if he reverts to form.
    RR: None again. Yep these GM's aregood.

Round 6
    My pick: S.Darling
    HJ: RyJo. Excellent value at thispoint.
    RR: R.Lehner. I'm a huge fan of Lehnerand think the goalie run forced him (and my Darling pick) to betabbed a little earlier than usual.

Round 7
    My pick: A.Radulov
    HJ: Shattenkirk, Toews & Kopitar.All 3 were in my queue, but felt I could mine C later (correct) and Dlater (incorrect)
    RR: A.Radulov. You either love him orhate him. I love him. But I doubt others had him ranked this high, soI likely could have waited another round or 2.

Round 8
    My pick: E.Kane
    HJ: Faulk. Big on CAR this year andreally thought I would snag him after a bit of a down year for himlast year.
    RR: J.Schultz. Not a bad pick, justrequires a (likely) Letang injury to optimize value.

Round 9
    My pick: J.Carlson
    HJ: Carlson, Drouin, Kuzya all have thepotential to out-perform this draft slot imo.
    RR: None. Strong picks throughout.

Round 10
    My pick: R.Gudas
    HJ: Kadri. Even if he doesn't deliverlike last year, he contributes across the board and should betaken/ranked higher every year.
    RR: Gudas. I had him targeted here andtold myself once Phaneuf went I was grabbing him. He's a peripheralbeast, but it's a little early to go cat-specific with other morewell-rounded guys still available.

Round 11
    My pick: L.Couture
    HJ: Niederreiter. Just love him andexpect a huge year this year.
    RR: Keslar. Awesome value, just goingto be a while. I actually think Puck Snatch was having techdifficulties and this was auto-picked for him. A huge chip once hecomes back – but perhaps would have been available a little later.

Round 12
    My pick: A.Raanta
    HJ: E.Lindholm. 4T2 said he was“reaching”, but I guarantee EL was on ALL of our boards thisyear. Think he will reward this draft slot. Also, nabbing Duchene inthis round has huge upside.
    RR: Rakell. FOW from the wing are nice,just expecting a slight downturn in SOG/G from last season. Perhapsthey're made back in A's though.

Round 13
    My pick: M.Stone
    HJ: All the W's taken in this round(Hornqvist, Stone, Saad & Schwartz) were solid value imo.Thornton and Stepan are great value C's here too.
    RR: B.Skjei. Just personally skepticalof him, and would have preferred Niskanen who went two picks later.

Round 14
    My pick: J.Huberdeau
    HJ: Huberdeau. Believe his ADP andforecasts were overly depressed due to injury last season (both himand to Barkov which hurts his optimal output).
    RR: C.Sheary. A very decent gamble buta gamble nonetheless.

Round 15
    My pick: J.Neal
    HJ: T.Toffoli. Love this pick. I wentwith Neal looking for some extra peripherals – but in hindsight, Ithink Toff would have been the better choice.
    RR: A.Shaw. An absolute beast for melast year, not sure coming off the concussion and adding Drouinthere's a top 6 slot to maximize his output this year.

Round 16
    My pick: J.Staal
    HJ: T.Barrie. Fantastic value. Hisinjury and the COL nightmare depressed his rank too far imo.
    RR: P.Danault. Know Peng loves him andhe does bring solid FOW from the wing... I'm just hesitant on howJulien deploys PP time.

Round 17
    My pick: P.Stastny
    HJ: Mantha & Shipachyov. Both wereconsiderations for me before deciding to take Stastny. T.Johnson wasa nice pick here too imo.
    RR: P.Budaj. I too am skeptical on Vasbeing able to handle a full season load, but not sure I'd have jumpedat this time for him.

Round 18
    My pick: M.Del Zotto
    HJ: D.Larkin. Think he'll bringfantastic value back for this round. The M.Green and E.Johnson pickswere really solid considering how decimated D was too.
    RR: M.Rielly. A nice ace up the sleeveif Babs ever gives him PP time – but doesn't offer enoughperipherals to make up for that yet imo.

Round 19
    My pick: Z.Parise
    HJ: M.Domi and Parise were really solidvalue here imo. Liked the Gallagher pick too. Markov The Devil snipedmy R.Miller handcuff on me too here.
    RR: S.Vatanen. Call this my buyer'sremorse after he sank my D strategy (along with Stralman) last year.Also just weary in general of guys coming off shoulder surgery.

Round 20
    My pick: D.Severson
    HJ: T.Hertl. One of my fave picks ofthe draft and disappointed I didn't take him. Also, J.Petry is greatvalue here. Consistently underrated for his cross-cat delivery.
    RR: J.Puljujarvi. It's the time tothrow darts and he's a decent one. Just had a few others I'd haveconsidered first.

Round 21
    My pick: T.Tatar
    HJ: Tatar and Ryan are solid this late.I probably should have taken Borowiecki to create some scarcity, butI couldn't pass on Tats.
    RR: I. Cole. A surprise peripheralbeast last season and maybe he repeats.

Round 22
    My pick: S.Varlamov
    HJ: Tons of great picks this round(Reinhart, Marleau, Nyquist, etc.) but Varly in the 22ndwas a big coup in my eyes.
    RR: N.Holden. See I.Cole above.

Round 23
    My pick: R.Pulock
    HJ: M.Rantanen. Went right before me.Also H.Haapala was a target of mine for later in the draft.
    RR: R.Pulock is a full on boom/bustpick here.

Round 24
    My pick: M.Ferland
    HJ: J.Ho-Sang, N.Schmaltz, N.Bonino,B.Montour – an awesome run of value early in this round.
    RR: Brossoit and Stalock. Even if theirincumbents got injured, not sure I'd want them starting.

Round 25
    My pick: D.Strome
    HJ: N.Hanifin (right before me),A.DeBrincat (awesome rookie camp), V.Rask (wicked value) and evenD.Sedin (for the last round?) were all great last picks.
    RR: None. Though if I'd gone Jagr as Iwas tempted to do, that would be it!

After having a chance to peruse each ofthe teams, this is the most balanced post-draft I've seen teams sinceI got to join a few years ago. Should make for another great,competitive and fun year in the Show!!
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Stud

Knowing I was going to pick #2 overall I was certain I was going to get one of McDavid or Crosby. Being close to the turn I thought about the best approach going into this draft and basic thoughts were to pick a high SOG/goals player and a goalie at the #23 and #26 spots. When doing my research I quickly honed in on Tavares as my possible second round guy with a wide choice of goalies coming back in the third (figured I had to take a goalie with one of these picks as I did not pick again until almost the end of the fourth round). From there I figured I would draft two good D in the fourth and fifth (had Doughty and Risto as prime candidates) and then look for some LW with hits in the sixth and seventh (was thinking one or both of Lucic and Lee). From there it would be best value and filling in positions.

Round 1 - Crosby. Happy with this pick, better FOW and HITS than McDavid, but I would have picked McD if I had the first pick, would be way too much fun to have him on your squad.

Round 2 - Tavares. This was a mistake on my part. I had him on the brain (like his FOW/SOG and G) and left Talbot on the board (really surprised me he was there). Silly as I could have gotten Talbot and then likely either Tavares or Stamkos on the way back three picks later. This will haunt me.

Round 3 - Allen. Not bad but not great. The top Tier G were gone (as Talbot went just before me!) and I could have thrown a dart at the next grouping but I like St. Louis and hope they can win some games this year and pick up on their strong finish from last year with Yeo as coach. So far I have Crosby/Tavares/Allen. Not bad at all but it could have been Crosby/Talbot and one of Tavares/Stamkos.

Round 4 - I am looking at Doughty or Risto but they both go a few picks ahead of me. Damn! I see OEL and think that is a great option but he goes the pick before me! I settle on Hamilton. I am not as high on him as some others but like the SOG and the d-men are moving fast (little did I know that D were being cornered at the time).

Round 5 - All the d-men I liked seemed like reaches and noticed Matthews and Backstrom still there. Matthews goes the pick before me which leaves me Backstrom. Very happy with this pick, although Matthews would have been great for the SOG. I am doing very well at C with Crosby/Tavares/Backstrom but lacking pretty much everywhere else.

Round 6 - Looking at my LW targets (Lee and Lucic) but notice that starting goalies are being depleted quickly (another market being cornered) with not many left that you can count on for 60+ games. Lehner and Anderson are there. I don't really like Anderson, especially with Karlsson potentially out for a bit so I grab Lehner. I honestly think this was early for him but I needed a second starter. Last year I had one starter (Talbot) and carried 5 back ups. It worked out on the goalie front but it limited my bench for other positions which hurt me in the skater cats. With another pick coming up soon I figure I can grab one of Lee/Lucic.

Round 7 - looking at the LW on the board and Johnny Hockey is still there. Brutal in the peripherals but I can't pass up what I think is a 70+ point LW.

Rounds 8 & 9 - Lee and Lucic are both still there to my delight and I snag both. My team is weak on HITS and I am hoping both of these guys can stay on PP1 for their respective teams.

Round 10 - I need RW and D. I grab Seabrook as I like his cross-cat contribution. D are looking really slim with not a ton of options left for possible PP1 time. Not sure if Seabrook will get PP1 but he brings it in other places. I am happy with this pick.

Round 11 - Nick Foligno. Brings the HITS which I still need and is slated for PP1 in the guide. I also like his dual eligibility. LW is pretty shallow so this give me my fourth LW if needed or my first RW. Happy with this pick.

Round 12 - Zaitsev. Remaining D is looking bad and PP1 guys are gone so I grab someone with some decent point potential and some good HITS/BLKS. I can live with this pick. I now have 3C/4LW/3D/2G (with Foligno possibly moving from LW to RW).

Round 13 - need a RW and grab Hornqvist. Very happy with this pick as he is a solid peripheral guy on a good team.

Round 14 - Chara. Not sure about this one but I want some more grit and like his ability to put up a decent amount of ES points (although no real PP time).

Round 15 - Spezza. I still need some RW. Somehow I knew he would end up on my team. If he sticks on PP1 and gets some FOW from the wing I can live with this pick.

Round 16 - Hanzal. Love me some Hanzal. I know his role will be limited compared to his Arizona days but I like his FOW and his HITS. Happy with this as my fourth C.

Round 17 - Goligoski. Need more D and by now PP2 with some peripherals is something to be happy about. I'll take it!

Round 18 - Patrick Eaves. I was really desperate for another RW. I was also deep into the beer.

Round 19 - Miller. Time for a back up with the potential to get a decent number of starts. I am not thrilled at all with my goalies so figure I will work on volume cats (Saves and maybe Wins).

Round 20 - Vrbata. This was really all about the SOG.

Rounds 21-25: Perreault (some PPP), Nick Holden (desperate for another D), Adam Lowry (for when Hanzal gets hurt), DeAngelo (a long shot but needed an extra D), and Hutton (my goalie stats will rise and fall with St. Louis to a large degree so figured I would lock down the full 82 games).

Really happy with my C and LW. I can live with my D. RW is weak and G is a big question mark. Not sure about this squad but I think I have some high end G/A/P and PP1 forwards as well as HITS. I will be actively managing all year to try and address my weaknesses. Regardless it was a fun draft and will be another great season.

Dobber Sports Titan

Always love reading the recaps on this league and am still a tiny bit bitter I passed on the invite last year. I don't think I could pass again if it came up.

I'll check in on occasion to see how you're doing, but I have to say that in a league like this (I have one that's not too far off) I targeted D and punted goalies, so I'm curious to see how that strategy works here for Peng.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I prefer being somewhere in the middle of the draft so 8th overall is in a pretty solid spot there. I don't have any specific position-based plans apart from preferring to get two really good starting goalies early. I also usually prefer to pick dmen relatively high and centers relatively late, but it's not set in stone at all. I do have a target list of 3-10 players for rounds 1-20 or so which I am targeting so I usually end up with teams mostly comprised of players in that short list.

1. (8) Carey Price (Mon - G)
    Would have taken Ovechkin if he was available, but he went with the previous pick so that left me with Price. I do have Price in his own goalie tier above the next ones so a no brainer pick for me since skaters I really liked were not available.

2. (17) Evgeni Malkin (Pit - C)
    I was really hoping to get Seguin/Byfuglien here, maybe Pavelski if he somehow dropped this far. Those three were gone though so had I tough choice here as didn't really like anyone available there. If I hadn't taken goalie 1st round, I'd have gone Murray, but going G-G in the 1st two rounds isn't a good idea. I did consider Letang and Simmonds too, but I thought Simmonds might be available with my next pick so went with Malkin. He's going to miss 20 games or so which is expected, but he also has lowish FOW totals for a center too which I would probably have to compensate somewhere later in the draft.

3. (32) David Pastrnak (Bos - RW)
    Originally was hoping to get Simmonds, but I am happy to get the next best winger on my list in Pastrnak too. I did briefly consider taking 2nd goalie like Andersen here, but there are some goalies I like better than most likely available later. Also having Price means the 2nd goalie doesn't have to necessarily be that good so I can wait few rounds on goalies and see if there are good value available.

4. (41) Patrice Bergeron (Bos - C)
    I was somewhat surprised that both Bergeron and Matthews were still available. I did look on Ristolainen too, but in the end decided to go with Bergeron to compensate for Malkin's lack of FOWs. It was a pretty close choice with Matthews though as I had all 3 ranked pretty closely. It's very rare for me to have 2 centers already in the first four rounds, but I am flexible enough with my picks that if the opportunity presents itself, I am willing to take it.

5. (56) Jonathan Quick (LA - G)
    Goalies lasted a little longer than earlier seasons, but they were starting to fly off the self. Quick was the only available Top10 G on my list left so decided to get a second goalie now so I wouldn't have to think about getting 3rd goalie around rounds 12-16. Taking Quick will likely cause some issues with SVS cat, but I felt getting him at this round was a good value. If Ristolainen or Hamilton were available, I would have picked one of them.

6. (65) Taylor Hall (NJ - LW)
    Pretty much the top D/W at this point and I thought at least one of Krug, Carlson, Shattenkirk, Gostisbehere would be available with my next pick so decided to go with the best winger on my list in Hall.

7. (80) Torey Krug (Bos - D)
    Pretty late for my typical drafts to get my first D, but dmen weren't available where I wanted to pick them so you have to be flexible. Krug and Carlson were left of the four and decided to go with Krug as I thought it was more likely that Carlson would drop to my next pick. There also were some wingers available I was considering, but I think I kind of had to get D now.

8. (89) Mitchell Marner (Tor - C,RW)
    Carlson and Werenski were in consideration, and probably should have gone with Carlson as there were some really good wing value picks available all through the mid-late draft. Marner wasn't on my shortlist before that draft, but he dropped little later than I thought so decided to go with him here. I had some other similarly ranked wingers like Tkachuk and Foligno available as well, but I thought they would likely last later than Marner.

9. (104) Matthew Tkachuk (Cgy - LW)
    Carlson and Werenski went before my pick and passing again on D is starting to look like a pretty poor decision as that left. My D is going to be quite bad, but there's not much that can be done at this point of the draft anymore. I am a big fan of Tkachuk though and my roster was really scoring heavy at this point as well so getting some PIM/Hits was very welcome too.

10. (113) Keith Yandle (Fla - D)
    I really would have liked to get one of the wingers available as there were a quite a few I liked. I felt I had to get D though and settled on Yandle, Ekblad was in consideration though as well. My D is not looking particularly good at this point and both Krug and Yandle are pretty poor in blocks so that's an issue already as well.

11. (128) Sebastian Aho (Car - LW,RW)
    Again picking from the best wing/d available. Might have been smarter to go with D, but felt available wingers were too good value picks so went with Aho who I am expecting some pretty good results from.

12. (137) Ondrej Palat (TB - LW)
    Again the best winger available.

13. (152) Derek Stepan (Ari - C)
    Would have taken Muzzin/Ekblad here, but my waiting on them backfired a bit. There were some wingers left I liked too, but I had 6 wingers already so getting 3rd center was preferable and Stepan was on the top of my list there.

14. (161) Matt Dumba (Min - D)
    Felt like going D was pretty much necessary and while I do like Dumba, he's another D pretty light on blocks which is starting to become quite a big problem already.

15. (176) Alex Galchenyuk (Mon - C,LW)
    I had not drafted a single FOW-taking winger so far so decided to with Galchenyuk here as he should get some FOW at least even if he's not fulltime center next season.

16. (185) Juuse Saros (Nsh - G)
    I like getting elite backup or two on my teams so was looking to get Grubauer or Saros somewhere in rounds 15-18. Grubauer went so decided to pick up Saros so I would get one of them.

17. (200) Anthony Mantha (Det - LW,RW)
    Very happy to get Mantha at this point of the draft and I am expecting him to significantly outperform this draft slot. This left me with 8 wingers and 3 goalies though so the rest of the draft would be pretty much dmen only.

18. (209) Mike Green (Det - D)
    I don't really like Green, but he should still post decent totals so just have to take what's available.

19. (224) Sami Vatanen (Anh - D)
    Shoulder injury is an issue, but dmen available aren't particularly much to choose from so at least Vatanen could be 1st PP unit choice unlike lot of the other available D.

20. (233) Jeff Petry (Mon - D)
    I really needed some help in Hits/Blocks so getting Petry is nice at this point. He might also get some more powerplay time with Markov leaving as well although 4F1D 1st PP unit could happen too.

21. (248) Mark Borowiecki (Ott - D)
    Really needed help in PIM/Hits so Borowiecki is a good 2-category stuffer for that.

22. (257) Ryan Ellis (Nsh - D)
    My D is looking quite terrible and even half a season of Ellis is a decent upgrade so might as well use that IR slot on him.

23. (272) Travis Konecny (Phi - C,LW)
    Just a decent bench player, but I think he could do quite well and has some decent multicat upside

24. (281) Nick Bonino (Nsh - C)
    Needed 4th center still and picked the best on my list in Bonino. Bonino actually provides solid block numbers as well unlike most forwards so that was a plus as well.

25. (296) Alex DeBrincat (Chi - RW)
    Just a longshot pick on some high upside player. Probably a miss, but there might be opportunity for DeBrincat in Chicago so worth a shot.

Gost Story

C Malkin, Bergeron, Stepan, Bonino
    LW Hall, Tkachuk, Palat, Galchenyuk
    RW Pastrnak, Marner, Aho, Mantha
    D Krug, Yandle, Dumba, Green, Vatanen, Petry
    G Price, Quick
    BN Konecny, Ellis, Borowiecki, DeBrincat

Overall team is quite scoring heavy and light on FOW, Blocks, Hits so we'll see how that works out. At least blocks/hits should be fairly easily available on FA. I am happy with my forwards, but my defense is quite terrible by my usual standards, but sometimes draft goes like that. Goaltending should be rock solid too, although SVS cat might be a bit of an issue. Mostly happy with how the draft went, but I would probably get 1-2 D earlier and leave wingers later as there were some really good value pick wings available from 8 round onwards .
    Last edited by temek; October 5, 2017 at 3:17 PM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by temek View Post
    Projected standings

I like it.
    Just gotta turn that 10 into a 25 or so...
    Time to start some goalie hunting!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Penguin Hunters Draft Manifesto (black) and Pick analysis (blue)

Rounds 1-2

Benn Keeps falling to me in Mock drafts at 12?. This will not happen during the RHRS will it? If it does great then this is a no-brainer pick for me. But likely will not happen.
    If it does? then do I pick a goalie here? See if Holtby is available.... if not try combo the Stars and take Benn and Seguin.

If I do not get Benn, consider the best wingers available and take a couple of them, or Holtby if he is there take him. (Tarasenko, Marchand, Seguin)

Pick analysis- Benn was clearly not going to be available.. I do not know what mock drafters are doing this year. However Kane, Tarasenko, and Seguin were available. I read the yahoo blurb about Tarasenko and they sold me on this pick... said he came to camp in the best shape of his career and my Schenn love carried over into this pick. And then it was between Kane and Seguin for me. I went with Kane... he is a point per game player I can try and add peripheral stats later.

Round 3-4

Looking at last years draft, this is where Wayne Simmonds went? if he is still available, which I am hoping he is because people have lowered expectations for the Flyers because they think Giroux is on the down-turn in his career, then he is my pick. My other targets I will consider a D man (Josi, Subban, Weber) or Forsberg.

Pick analysis - Well Simmonds definitely did not make it back to this pick, and the three D-men I was targeting went earlier in the round... Oh boy did I think Josi was going to make it to me... oh was he so close!! 1 Pick. So with no more D in the tier that I was wanting, I decided to put them off and take a couple LWers. Forsberg for his multi-cat coverage and Pacioretty for his offensive stat coverage. Happy that I have two LW and two RW after 4 rounds.

Round 5-6

Going to consider a goalie, but just like in fantasy football, if I do not feel I am getting a steal then I am not picking a goalie. See if Bishop, Rask or Vas are available. If not I am going Centre here (Hoffman, Giroux, Johansen)

Pick analysis - So I panicked here. Unlike my manifesto suggest I was only going to draft a goalie if I felt it was like a steal like in fantasy football... but goalies were flying off the shelf and I panicked and took Schneider. Wish I could go back and not pick a goalie here but I can't. I looked at the depth at C to see if I could wait and there was several names I liked so I decided on going with a D in Klingberg here. Johansen and Hoffman, and a couple other guys I liked were still available and was hoping some would make it to my next picks.

Round 7-8-9-10

Take the Best Player available, position does not matter to me at this point. By this time I ideally have
    3 Wingers, 1C, 1D, 1G and can take the best player available and worry about positions later.

Targets:
    7-8 Voracek, JVR, Lucic
    9-10 Oshie, Palmieri, Lee

Pick analysis-

Round 7-8
    I am not quite where I expect to be... but I am in a better position. I have 4 Wingers, 1 D and 1 Goalie. So it is time to add a Centre - Trochek who can do it all. I consider my targets and realize I must have really low expectations for my Flyers this year, because Giroux, Voracek and Simmonds all went way higher than I expected. So I consider depth at W and D and think I should add another D and pull the trigger on Faulk. Hoping Carolina puts together a strong year and with a better goalie hopefully he is not terrible in +/- again.

Round 9-10 time to add some more wingers. JVR was on my target list for round 7-8 and was still available now so decided to take him and Oshie Both wingers produce across some categories and play on teams that I expect to be offensive powerhouses this year.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I drew the lucky 7 as my draft number – middle of the pack is a good place. You don’t have the looong gaps between picks and it helps to avoid being on the tail-end of a goalie / d-man run. This year, unlike previous years, I’m going into the draft with NO SET STRATEGY (hah!) other than it just really depends on who is available at #7. The only thing I’m changing this year is that I’m likely not taking a goalie with my first pick or two. Price is elite but the defense in front of him is thin and Montreal is going to have trouble scoring… Holtby is still elite but the team is likely to regress with the talent they lost… Bob is always an injury concern, etc. I see more value in the later rounds and I want to focus on volume starters (65+ starts with lots of saves) who won't kill me on the peripherals. Also, given the depth at center, I tend to target centers in the mid/later rounds.

So, my ‘approach’ (for lack of an in-depth strategy) for this draft:

1. Consult my magic 8 ball on all decisions (better than any spreadsheet, FHG, real-world evidence modelling, data analytics, etc.)
    2. Have cold beer available for replenishing liquids during this marathon
    3. Target a high-value forward or d-man based on availability for rounds 1 – 3
    4. Target 2 volume start goalies along with a 1A/B goalie to max my goalie stats
    5. Balance – don’t ‘punt’ on any categories you then have to ‘chase’ throughout the season (Really curious on Ryan's strategy - he was a true disrupter and he's either crazy / evil / innovative / all the above with his bazillion goalie selections)
    6. Where possible – target players with SOG/PIMS/HITS

1. (7) Ovechkin LW
    Somewhat surprised Ovechkin was available. He’s getting old in the tooth and rumors abound of his demise but he's still a category stuffer and just too good an opportunity to pass up.

2. (18) Simmonds RW
    I really wanted Byfuglien as my second pick but knew highly unlikely he would be there when my turn came around. My short queue consisted of either Simmonds or Talbot. I went with Simmonds as I really like his category coverage and didn’t want to chance him not being there when I drafted again. Biggest lesson learned in this league is don’t wait on someone you really want.

3. (31) Subban D
    Targeting a d-man this round and have Subban / Josi / Risto teed up. Picked Subban as I think his ceiling is higher and will improve across the board this season with Nashville.

4. (42) F. Andersen G
    A goalie run is going to happen soon (9 go off the board in round 4 and 5) so I need to get my volume starters. I see Andersen as this year’s Talbot – he’ll get lots of starts and his team is on the upswing.

5. (55) Jones G
    Still a few quality goalies available and they won’t last long. Have Jones and Quick in my queue and go with Jones. I like Quick, but have concerns with the Kings new ‘focus’ on offense.

6. (66) B. Schenn C,LW
    Another category stuffer who has the potential to center one of the top 2 lines in STL.

7. (79) Shattenkirk D
    Targeted a top PPP quarterback and not many remaining. Having Shattenkirk and Subban is a good d-foundation to build on.

8. (90) Monahan C
    Time for a center – I had MacKinnon and Monahan in my queue and MacK was selected a few picks before me so it was an easy choice. Light on HIT and PIM but a solid floor otherwise.

9. (103) Kuznetsov C
    Have Lucic, Carlsson, Maroon in my queue. Lucic and Carlsson were taken before me and I saw Kuznetsov still available. I just ‘feel’ Maroon will last another round or so went with Kuznetsov as I really like his upside.

10. (114) Maroon LW
    Another solid roto contributor. I like the across the board coverage he brings and potentially riding shotgun with McDavid only helps. He may have lasted another round but I’m happy taking him sooner rather than missing out on him.

11. (128) Palmieri RW
    Looking at a solid RW to begin building depth (only 1 RW so far). Have Palmieri, Duchene / Lindholm (C/W eligible for FOW), Foligno, Niederreiter. Palmieri brings a solid floor with across board coverage.

12. (138) Ekblad D
    The D ranks are really thinning out and I want to fill at least 2 slots in the next few rounds. I’ve had Ekblad on my radar. Somewhat of an injury risk but good upside and should improve this season along with better +/-.

13. (151) Reimer G
    Targeted another D-man (Muzzin, Leddy, Niskanen) this round but saw that Brandon / Rick took Luongo this round. I had Reimer queued up as the best available 1A/1B to supplement my 2 starters and knowing they would take Reimer next I needed to pull the trigger and hope one of my D-men would still be there next round.

14. (162) Leddy D
    Leddy was still on the board. He’s a quiet but solid producer for my D corps.

15. (176) Taffoli RW,C
    All about value now as my basic positional needs are covered. I had both Neal and Taffoli lined up and would have been happy with either. Taffoli should have a bounce-back year and represents really good value this late.

16. (187) Little C
    With only 2 centers, I had both Little and Staal on my radar but was open to a d-man such as Barrie as well. Barrie taken earlier in round so went with Little for his higher offensive upside.

17. (199) N. Ritchie LW
    I had Ritchie as a late round target for my last LW. A HIT machine with decent upside who will improve his offensive numbers from last year.

18. (210) Panik RW
    I had wanted McAvoy this round but he was taken. Back up was to fill out my last RW selection and had Panik and Gallagher on deck. Consulted my magic 8 ball and decided on Panik (8 ball says “You may rely on it”) for his cross the board coverage over Gallagher and his injury history.

19. (222) Brassard C
    May miss first week of season but best C still available IMO for FOW and scoring. All positional needs filled except 2 D slots now. Almost took Domi – not because I needed him but more so to prevent anyone else. Decided to be a good guy (for once) and still feeling guilty (not really) for screwing over Brandon / Rick on the Reimer pick.

20. (234) Theodore D
    First time tonight my queue was cleaned out. Focus strictly on value D-men w/blocks and Vatanen, Del Zotto, Petry all taken. Had Edler in my queue too but just couldn’t bear the thought of having him on my squad. Selected Theodore based soley on his PPP potential. Definitely my worst round of the draft for me (I blame needing a beer and having to make a run to the fridge while my wife is shouting "how much longer are you going to be up there with your hockey thing")!

21. (247) Keller C,LW (Ott - D)
    Looking for players with upside at this point. Keller has as good of a shot as any for the Calder so a safe pick at this point.

22. (258) Manson D
    A d-man to fill out HIT / PIM / BLK.

23. (271) Pearson LW
    A decent bench LW who will improve from his last year numbers and can serviceably fill in when/if needed.

24. (281) Montour D
    Played well in limited time/role last season and will get time on PP to start season with key injuries in ANA. Potential real sleeper value who eases the earlier Theodore pick.

25. (296) Anisimov C
    Needed a streamer for Brassard early season and it was one of Rask or Anisimov. Likely drop and replace once Brassard is healthy. Rask was taken before me so this wrapped up the draft!

All in all, I’m happy with my draft (it ain't an easy draft with this group - they'll pick your bones clean) and I believe my team has balance to compete for a top 3 position. Some tweaking, waiver wire working and potential trading will be needed but I have, I believe, a good foundation to compete against the other sharks in this tank.

The Kings in Yellow (my homage to the HP Lovecraft mythos):

C Monahan, Kuznetzov, Little, Brassard
    LW Ovechkin, Schenn, Maroon, N. Ritchie
    RW Simmonds, Taffoli, Palmieri, Panik
    D Subban, Shattenkirk, Ekblad, Leddy, Montour, Manson
    G Andersen, Jones
    BN Reimer, Pearson, Keller, Theodore, Anisimov
    2012 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Player's Category

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Rest of draft:

After 10 rounds I hope to have a good start at each position with extra emphasis on D and wingers. At this point I will decide where the stats are leading me with my picks and where I need to focus. And might start picking players that will help give me more stats coverage. Last year being a rookie to the league and not much prep time I focused majorly on points, PPP and SOG. I soon found out that there has to be some emphasis put on the other categories to be competitive in this league.

Round 11- Turris - Needed to find someone who could help with some FOW, PPP and SOG so I went with Turris. might start slow until Karlsson is back, but I expect a big year from this guy offensively 60+ points in round 11. I will take it.

Round 12 - Fleury Goalies flew off the board as everyone is aware. And I realized I was not going to be competitive in the W category, so where could I get some points from my goalies. Schneider should provide lots of saves and decent peripherals.... and Fleury... who is going to face more shots than Fleury this year... hopefully this leads to a competitive # in Saves and decent percentages.

Round 13 - Schwartz is one of those players I always seem to find in drafts. Maybe because he is a Sasky-Boy and the story about his sister gets me every time. He doesn't provide huge peripheral #'s and I have pretty much consider PIMs a wash at this point, so I decide to go for more Points, some hits and SOG.

Round 14 - Koivu
    900+ faceoff wins, + 27, and 20 PPP in round 14...sure I will take it even with the lack of the other categories. And I am thinking he might not get 20 PPP again this year... but still I felt great after this pick!

Round 15 and 16 - Orlov and Barrie - Time to add a couple more D. Decided between these two D I cover lots of the categories. Orlov (Hits, Blocks, PIM, +/-) and Barrie (Points, PPP, SOG) Basically I predict these two players +/- to net out to 0 for me. Haha.

Round 17 and 18 Morrissey and Riellys Basically the same strategy and the prior two picks on the 15 and 16 turn. Two D men that provide different coverage. Morrissey provides a tonne of blocks and hits where Reilly covers more offensive stats and blocks. I expect a better year offensively from him as well.

Round 19 and 20
    Marchessault and Bozak - Time to take some chances. Someone has to play 1st line and PP unit in Vegase and I realize my +/- is not all that great so take a chance on Marchessault being a top player for the G Knights and I will take the 100 hits with some offensive potential. Bozak I pretty much got for his FOW and any points and other contributions are bonus.

Round 21 Markstrom - I don't think Vancouver will be as bad as lots think... and there has to be some Wins to go around... hopefully Markstrom gets them if I start him strategically against bottom end teams.

Round 22 - Reinhart (Sam) -
    Swing for the fences... If he plays with Eichel points... if he doesn't FOW from RW position. Win-win for me in round 22.

Round 23 - Hartnell Time to add some Grit and maybe some points if he can find some top 2 line minutes, or maybe he becomes the force in front of the net on the Preds PP. Risk Reward pick here.

Round 24 - Ekholm Played awesome in playoffs and Ellis is out for a while. Yahoo has him predicted for 0's across the board, so whatever I get from him is higher then Yahoo's expecations.

Round 25 - Boeser Last pick of the draft and I add a Calder trophy candidate... Boom or bust pick this late in the draft... I will take the chance and probably will drop him before the end of October.

Team

C - Trochek, Turris, Koivu, Bozak, Marchessaul (LW)
    LW - Forsberg, Pacioretty, Van Riemsdyk, Schwartz, Hartnell
    RW - Tarasenko, Kane, Oshie, Reinhart, Boeser
    D - Klingberg, Faulk, Orlov, Barrie, Morrissey, Rielly, Ekholm
    G - Schneider, Fleury, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Demi-God

# - DobberMember - Team
    1 - Atomic Wedgy - Little Propp of Horrors
    2 - Chili Con Carne - Markov the Devil
    3 - Horrorfan - The Devan Rides Out
    4 - Yzermans Legacy - Polter-Getz
    5 - Pengwin7 - Fowlers in the Attic
    6 - Maaaasquito - Maaaaa-chete
    7 - LOTR - The Kings in Yellow
    8 - temek - Gost Story
    9 - 4T2 - StepEhlers
    10 - The Comish - Natural Born Quiller
    11 - dooley - Steenage Werewolf
    12 - PenguinHunter - MaxPac Cady

Round 1
    1. Connor McDavid (Edm - C) Lil Propp of...
    2. Sidney Crosby (Pit - C) Markov the D...
    3. Brent Burns (SJ - D) The Devan Ri...
    4. Jamie Benn (Dal - LW) Polter-Getz
    5. Erik Karlsson (Ott - D) Fowlers in t...
    6. Braden Holtby (Was - G) Maaaaaa-chete
    7. Alex Ovechkin (Was - LW) The Kings in...
    8. Carey Price (Mon - G) Gost Story
    9. Nikita Kucherov (TB - RW) ZombEhlers
    10. Sergei Bobrovsky (Cls - G) Natural Born...
    11. Joe Pavelski (SJ - C,RW) Steenage Wer...
    12. Vladimir Tarasenko (StL - RW) MaxPac Cady

Round 2
    1. Patrick Kane (Chi - RW) MaxPac Cady
    2. Brad Marchand (Bos - LW) Steenage Wer...
    3. Dustin Byfuglien (Wpg - D) Natural Born...
    4. Tyler Seguin (Dal - C,RW) ZombEhlers
    5. Evgeni Malkin (Pit - C) Gost Story
    6. Wayne Simmonds (Phi - RW) The Kings in...
    7. Matt Murray (Pit - G) Maaaaaa-chete
    8. Victor Hedman (TB - D) Fowlers in t...
    9. Kris Letang (Pit - D) Polter-Getz
    10. Devan Dubnyk (Min - G) The Devan Ri...
    11. John Tavares (NYI - C) Markov the D...
    12. Cam Talbot (Edm - G) Lil Propp of...

Round 3
    1. Steven Stamkos (TB - C) Lil Propp of...
    2. Jake Allen (StL - G) Markov the D...
    3. Blake Wheeler (Wpg - RW) The Devan Ri...
    4. John Gibson (Anh - G) Polter-Getz
    5. Shea Weber (Mon - D) Fowlers in t...
    6. Claude Giroux (Phi - C) Maaaaaa-chete
    7. P.K. Subban (Nsh - D) The Kings in...
    8. David Pastrnak (Bos - RW) Gost Story
    9. Mark Scheifele (Wpg - C) ZombEhlers
    10. Patrik Laine (Wpg - RW) Natural Born...
    11. Roman Josi (Nsh - D) Steenage Wer...
    12. Filip Forsberg (Nsh - LW) MaxPac Cady

Round 4
    1. Max Pacioretty (Mon - LW) MaxPac Cady
    2. Corey Crawford (Chi - G) Steenage Wer...
    3. Jack Eichel (Buf - C) Natural Born...
    4. Ben Bishop (Dal - G) ZombEhlers
    5. Patrice Bergeron (Bos - C) Gost Story
    6. Frederik Andersen (Tor - G) The Kings in...
    7. Tuukka Rask (Bos - G) Maaaaaa-chete

8. Rasmus Ristolainen (Buf - D) Fowlers in t...
    9. Drew Doughty (LA - D) Polter-Getz
    10. Oliver Ekman-Larsson (Ari - D) The Devan Ri...
    11. Dougie Hamilton (Cgy - D) Markov the D...
    12. Leon Draisaitl (Edm - C,RW) Lil Propp of...

Round 5
    1. Auston Matthews (Tor - C) Lil Propp of...
    2. Nicklas Backstrom (Was - C) Markov the D...
    3. Jakub Voracek (Phi - RW) The Devan Ri...
    4. Ryan Getzlaf (Anh - C) Polter-Getz
    5. Mark Giordano (Cgy - D) Fowlers in t...
    6. Corey Perry (Anh - RW) Maaaaaa-chete
    7. Martin Jones (SJ - G) The Kings in...
    8. Jonathan Quick (LA - G) Gost Story
    9. Pekka Rinne (Nsh - G) ZombEhlers
    10. Andrei Vasilevskiy (TB - G) Natural Born...

11. Jacob Trouba (Wpg - D) Steenage Wer...
    12. Cory Schneider (NJ - G) MaxPac Cady

Round 6
    1. John Klingberg (Dal - D) MaxPac Cady
    2. Jeff Carter (LA - C) Steenage Wer...
    3. Alex Pietrangelo (StL - D) Natural Born...
    4. Nikolaj Ehlers (Wpg - LW) ZombEhlers
    5. Taylor Hall (NJ - LW) Gost Story
    6. Brayden Schenn (StL - C,LW) The Kings in...
    7. Henrik Lundqvist (NYR - G) Maaaaaa-chete
    8. Ryan Johansen (Nsh - C) Fowlers in t...
    9. Scott Darling (Car - G) Polter-Getz
    10. Mike Hoffman (Ott - LW,RW) The Devan Ri...
    11. Robin Lehner (Buf - G) Markov the D...
    12. Shayne Gostisbehere (Phi - D) Lil Propp of...

Round 7
    1. Craig Anderson (Ott - G) Lil Propp of...
    2. Johnny Gaudreau (Cgy - LW) Markov the D...
    3. Jeff Skinner (Car - LW) The Devan Ri...
    4. Alexander Radulov (Dal - RW) Polter-Getz
    5. Jonathan Toews (Chi - C) Fowlers in t...
    6. Anze Kopitar (LA - C) Maaaaaa-chete
    7. Kevin Shattenkirk (NYR - D) The Kings in...
    8. Torey Krug (Bos - D) Gost Story
    9. Artemi Panarin (Cls - C,LW) ZombEhlers
    10. Viktor Arvidsson (Nsh - LW,RW) Natural Born...
    11. Mike Smith (Cgy - G) Steenage Wer...
    12. Vincent Trocheck (Fla - C) MaxPac Cady

Round 8
    1. Justin Faulk (Car - D) MaxPac Cady
    2. Colton Parayko (StL - D) Steenage Wer...
    3. Nathan MacKinnon (Col - C) Natural Born...
    4. Justin Schultz (Pit - D) ZombEhlers
    5. Mitchell Marner (Tor - C,RW) Gost Story
    6. Sean Monahan (Cgy - C) The Kings in...
    7. Jaroslav Halak (NYI - G) Maaaaaa-chete
    8. William Nylander (Tor - C,RW) Fowlers in t...
    9. Evander Kane (Buf - LW) Polter-Getz
    10. Oscar Klefbom (Edm - D) The Devan Ri...
    11. Anders Lee (NYI - LW) Markov the D...
    12. Phil Kessel (Pit - RW) Lil Propp of...

Round 9
    1. Duncan Keith (Chi - D) Lil Propp of...
    2. Milan Lucic (Edm - LW) Markov the D...
    3. Cam Atkinson (Cls - RW) The Devan Ri...
    4. John Carlson (Was - D) Polter-Getz
    5. Jonathan Drouin (Mon - LW,RW) Fowlers in t...
    6. Zach Werenski (Cls - D) Maaaaaa-chete
    7. Evgeny Kuznetsov (Was - C) The Kings in...
    8. Matthew Tkachuk (Cgy - LW) Gost Story
    9. Dion Phaneuf (Ott - D) ZombEhlers
    10. Ivan Provorov (Phi - D) Natural Born...
    11. Brian Elliott (Phi - G) Steenage Wer...
    12. James van Riemsdyk (Tor - LW) MaxPac Cady

Round 10
    1. T.J. Oshie (Was - RW) MaxPac Cady
    2. Jordan Eberle (NYI - RW) Steenage Wer...
    3. Ryan O'Reilly (Buf - C) Natural Born...
    4. Nazem Kadri (Tor - C) ZombEhlers
    5. Keith Yandle (Fla - D) Gost Story
    6. Patrick Maroon (Edm - LW) The Kings in...
    7. Jake Guentzel (Pit - C,LW) Maaaaaa-chete
    8. Steve Mason (Wpg - G) Fowlers in t...
    9. Radko Gudas (Phi - D) Polter-Getz
    10. Seth Jones (Cls - D) The Devan Ri...
    11. Brent Seabrook (Chi - D) Markov the D...
    12. Kyle Okposo (Buf - RW) Lil Propp of...

Round 11
    1. Nino Niederreiter (Min - LW,RW) Lil Propp of...
    2. Nick Foligno (Cls - LW,RW) Markov the D...
    3. Chris Kreider (NYR - LW) The Devan Ri...
    4. Logan Couture (SJ - C) Polter-Getz
    5. Aleksander Barkov (Fla - C) Fowlers in t...
    6. Henrik Zetterberg (Det - C,LW) Maaaaaa-chete
    7. Kyle Palmieri (NJ - RW) The Kings in...
    8. Sebastian Aho (Car - LW,RW) Gost Story
    9. Alec Martinez (LA - D) ZombEhlers
    10. Ryan Suter (Min - D) Natural Born...
    11. Ryan Kesler (Anh - C) Steenage Wer...
    12. Kyle Turris (Ott - C) MaxPac Cady

Round 12
    1. Marc-Andre Fleury (VGK - G) MaxPac Cady
    2. Mika Zibanejad (NYR - C) Steenage Wer...
    3. Mikael Granlund (Min - C,RW) Natural Born...
    4. Elias Lindholm (Car - C,RW) ZombEhlers
    5. Ondrej Palat (TB - LW) Gost Story
    6. Aaron Ekblad (Fla - D) The Kings in...
    7. Matt Duchene (Col - C,RW) Maaaaaa-chete
    8. Rickard Rakell (Anh - C,LW) Fowlers in t...
    9. Antti Raanta (Ari - G) Polter-Getz *Goalie #26, for anybody counting.
    10. David Backes (Bos - RW) The Devan Ri...
    11. Nikita Zaitsev (Tor - D) Markov the D...
    12. Ryan McDonagh (NYR - D) Lil Propp of...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Round 13
    1. Adam Larsson (Edm - D) Lil Propp of...
    2. Patric Hornqvist (Pit - RW) Markov the D...
    3. Roberto Luongo (Fla - G) The Devan Ri...
    4. Mark Stone (Ott - RW) Polter-Getz
    5. Jake Muzzin (LA - D) Fowlers in t...
    6. Joe Thornton (SJ - C) Maaaaaa-chete
    7. James Reimer (Fla - G) The Kings in... *Start of Back-Up Drafting
    8. Derek Stepan (Ari - C) Gost Story
    9. Brady Skjei (NYR - D) ZombEhlers
    10. Brandon Saad (Chi - LW) Natural Born...
    11. Matt Niskanen (Was - D) Steenage Wer...
    12. Jaden Schwartz (StL - LW) MaxPac Cady

Round 14
    1. Mikko Koivu (Min - C) MaxPac Cady
    2. Conor Sheary (Pit - LW,RW) Steenage Wer...
    3. Mats Zuccarello (NYR - RW) Natural Born...
    4. Brandon Dubinsky (Cls - C) ZombEhlers
    5. Matt Dumba (Min - D) Gost Story
    6. Nick Leddy (NYI - D) The Kings in...
    7. Boone Jenner (Cls - C,LW) Maaaaaa-chete
    8. Cam Fowler (Anh - D) Fowlers in t...
    9. Jonathan Huberdeau (Fla - LW) Polter-Getz
    10. Gabriel Landeskog (Col - LW) The Devan Ri...
    11. Zdeno Chara (Bos - D) Markov the D...
    12. Eric Staal (Min - C) Lil Propp of...

Round 15
    1. Andrew Shaw (Mon - C,RW) Lil Propp of...
    2. Jason Spezza (Dal - C,RW) Markov the D...
    3. Thomas Greiss (NYI - G) The Devan Ri...
    4. James Neal (VGK - LW,RW) Polter-Getz
    5. Jakob Silfverberg (Anh - RW) Fowlers in t...
    6. J.T. Miller (NYR - LW,RW) Maaaaaa-chete
    7. Tyler Toffoli (LA - C,RW) The Kings in...
    8. Alex Galchenyuk (Mon - C,LW) Gost Story
    9. Alexander Wennberg (Cls - C) ZombEhlers
    10. Charlie Coyle (Min - C,RW) Natural Born...
    11. Bo Horvat (Van - C) Steenage Wer...
    12. Dmitry Orlov (Was - D) MaxPac Cady

Round 16
    1. Tyson Barrie (Col - D) MaxPac Cady
    2. Jake Gardiner (Tor - D) Steenage Wer...
    3. David Krejci (Bos - C) Natural Born...
    4. Philipp Grubauer (Was - G) ZombEhlers
    5. Juuse Saros (Nsh - G) Gost Story

6. Bryan Little (Wpg - C) The Kings in...
    7. Ryan Strome (Edm - C,RW) Maaaaaa-chete
    8. Phillip Danault (Mon - C,LW) Fowlers in t...
    9. Jordan Staal (Car - C) Polter-Getz
    10. Nico Hischier (NJ - C) The Devan Ri...
    11. Martin Hanzal (Dal - C) Markov the D...
    12. Sam Bennett (Cgy - C,LW) Lil Propp of...

Round 17
    1. Peter Budaj (TB - G) Lil Propp of...
    2. Alex Goligoski (Ari - D) Markov the D...
    3. Tyler Johnson (TB - C) The Devan Ri...
    4. Paul Stastny (StL - C) Polter-Getz
    5. Mikael Backlund (Cgy - C) Fowlers in t...
    6. Johnny Boychuk (NYI - D) Maaaaaa-chete
    7. Nick Ritchie (Anh - LW) The Kings in...
    8. Anthony Mantha (Det - LW,RW) Gost Story
    9. Vadim Shipachyov (VGK - C,LW) ZombEhlers
    10. Jared Spurgeon (Min - D) Natural Born...
    11. Alexander Steen (StL - C,LW) Steenage Wer...
    12. Josh Morrissey (Wpg - D) MaxPac Cady

Round 18
    1. Morgan Rielly (Tor - D) MaxPac Cady
    2. Robby Fabbri (StL - C,LW) Steenage Wer...
    3. Dylan Larkin (Det - C,RW) Natural Born...
    4. Charlie McAvoy (Bos - D) ZombEhlers
    5. Mike Green (Det - D) Gost Story
    6. Richard Panik (Chi - LW,RW) The Kings in...
    7. Erik Johnson (Col - D) Maaaaaa-chete
    8. Kevin Hayes (NYR - C,RW) Fowlers in t...
    9. Michael Del Zotto (Van - D) Polter-Getz
    10. Antti Niemi (Pit - G) The Devan Ri...
    11. Patrick Eaves (Anh - RW) Markov the D...
    12. Evgenii Dadonov (Fla - RW) Lil Propp of...

Round 19
    1. Matt Martin (Tor - LW) Lil Propp of...
    2. Ryan Miller (Anh - G) Markov the D...
    3. Aaron Dell (SJ - G) The Devan Ri...

4. Zach Parise (Min - LW) Polter-Getz
    5. Brayden Point (TB - C,RW) Fowlers in t...
    6. Rick Nash (NYR - LW,RW) Maaaaaa-chete
    7. Derick Brassard (Ott - C) The Kings in...
    8. Sami Vatanen (Anh - D) Gost Story
    9. Brendan Gallagher (Mon - RW) ZombEhlers
    10. Max Domi (Ari - LW) Natural Born...
    11. Marc-Edouard Vlasic (SJ - D) Steenage Wer...
    12. Jonathan Marchessault (VGK - C,LW) MaxPac Cady

Round 20
    1. Tyler Bozak (Tor - C) MaxPac Cady
    2. Adam Henrique (NJ - C) Steenage Wer...
    3. Andre Burakovsky (Was - LW,RW) Natural Born...
    4. Nolan Patrick (Phi - C) ZombEhlers
    5. Jeff Petry (Mon - D) Gost Story
    6. Shea Theodore (VGK - D) The Kings in...
    7. Alexander Edler (Van - D) Maaaaaa-chete
    8. Jesse Puljujarvi (Edm - RW) Fowlers in t...
    9. Damon Severson (NJ - D) Polter-Getz
    10. Jean-Gabriel Pageau (Ott - C) The Devan Ri...
    11. Radim Vrbata (Fla - RW) Markov the D...
    12. Tomas Hertl (SJ - C,LW) Lil Propp of...

Round 21
    1. Ian Cole (Pit - D) Lil Propp of...
    2. Mathieu Perreault (Wpg - C,LW) Markov the D...
    3. Nathan Beaulieu (Buf - D) The Devan Ri...
    4. Tomas Tatar (Det - LW,RW) Polter-Getz
    5. Timo Meier (SJ - LW,RW) Fowlers in t...
    6. Jack Johnson (Cls - D) Maaaaaa-chete
    7. Clayton Keller (Ari - C,LW) The Kings in...
    8. Mark Borowiecki (Ott - D) Gost Story
    9. Jimmy Howard (Det - G) ZombEhlers
    10. Bobby Ryan (Ott - RW) Natural Born...
    11. Connor Murphy (Chi - D) Steenage Wer...
    12. Jacob Markstrom (Van - G) MaxPac Cady

Round 22
    1. Sam Reinhart (Buf - C,RW) MaxPac Cady
    2. Patrick Marleau (Tor - C,LW) Steenage Wer...
    3. Gustav Nyquist (Det - LW,RW) Natural Born...
    4. Travis Hamonic (Cgy - D) ZombEhlers
    5. Ryan Ellis (Nsh - D) Gost Story
    6. Josh Manson (Anh - D) The Kings in...
    7. Brandon Sutter (Van - C,RW) Maaaaaa-chete
    8. Connor Hellebuyck (Wpg - G) Fowlers in t...
    9. Semyon Varlamov (Col - G) Polter-Getz

10. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (Edm - C) The Devan Ri...
    11. Nick Holden (NYR - D) Markov the D...
    12. Zack Kassian (Edm - RW) Lil Propp of...

Round 23
    1. Luke Schenn (Ari - D) Lil Propp of...
    2. Adam Lowry (Wpg - C) Markov the D...
    3. Mikko Rantanen (Col - LW,RW) The Devan Ri...
    4. Ryan Pulock (NYI - D) Polter-Getz
    5. Anton Forsberg (Chi - G) Fowlers in t...
    6. Patrick Sharp (Chi - LW,RW) Maaaaaa-chete
    7. Tanner Pearson (LA - LW) The Kings in...
    8. Travis Konecny (Phi - C,LW) Gost Story
    9. Jaccob Slavin (Car - D) ZombEhlers
    10. T.J. Brodie (Cgy - D) Natural Born...
    11. Henrik Haapala (Fla - LW,RW) Steenage Wer...
    12. Scott Hartnell (Nsh - LW) MaxPac Cady

Round 24
    1. Mattias Ekholm (Nsh - D) MaxPac Cady
    2. Joshua Ho-Sang (NYI - RW) Steenage Wer...
    3. Antoine Roussel (Dal - LW) Natural Born...
    4. Nick Schmaltz (Chi - C,LW) ZombEhlers
    5. Nick Bonino (Nsh - C) Gost Story
    6. Brandon Montour (Anh - D) The Kings in...
    7. Cody Ceci (Ott - D) Maaaaaa-chete
    8. Laurent Brossoit (Edm - G) Fowlers in t...
    9. Micheal Ferland (Cgy - LW,RW) Polter-Getz
    10. Alex Stalock (Min - G) The Devan Ri...
    11. Anthony DeAngelo (NYR - D) Markov the D...
    12. Marcus Johansson (NJ - LW) Lil Propp of...

Round 25
    1. Josh Bailey (NYI - LW,RW) Lil Propp of...
    2. Carter Hutton (StL - G) Markov the D...
    3. Noah Hanifin (Car - D) The Devan Ri...
    4. Dylan Strome (Ari - C) Polter-Getz
    5. Michal Neuvirth (Phi - G) Fowlers in t...
    6. Victor Rask (Car - C) Maaaaaa-chete
    7. Artem Anisimov (Chi - C) The Kings in...
    8. Alex DeBrincat (Chi - RW) Gost Story
    9. Petr Mrazek (Det - G) ZombEhlers
    10. Michael Stone (Cgy - D) Natural Born...
    11. Daniel Sedin (Van - LW) Steenage Wer...
    12. Brock Boeser (Van - RW) MaxPac Cady