Thread: Maata++ for Kesler

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Maata++ for Kesler

Trying to move Kesler since he comes with a high salary and I am not so sure he can repeat what he did last season.

Put him on my trade block and a manager said he could part with Maata, but Maata has very limited fantasy value despite being a solid D in real life so I told him that I would need more coming back.

He told me that he would be willing to make a deal for Maata and a combo of these prospects: Bertuzzi, Fasching, Hajek, Gignac, Fitzgerald, and Korenar. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about most of these prospects to make it worth my time.

Does anybody have an idea about any of these guys beyond a basic Google Search? Bertuzzi and Fasching seem to be good choices but is it even worth it to move Kesler for Maata++?
    2017-2018 League Champion
    Salary Dynasty League 20 teams
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PPP-SHP-(+/-)-PIM-SOG-GWG-HITS-BLKS / W-L-OL-GA-SV-SO
    PLAYOFFS COINCIDE WITH NHL PLAYOFFS

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano
    D- Karlsson, Letang, Niskanen, Schultz, Dumoulin, Polak
    G- Binnington, Dubnyk, Bobrovsky

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala
    D: Djoos, Johansen, Cholowski, Zboril, Bowey, Niku, Pedan, Weegar
    G: Huska, Copley

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Maata++ for Kesler

Keep Kesler. Maatta has little to no fantasy upside and the prospects he's including are just as mediocre as Maatta.

High salary or not I see no reason why he won't repeat last season. He's a solid multicat guy.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Kesler appears to be out until November/December.

I own him a a H2H league and have kept an eye on his summer. I don't think he is back, like back and 'healthy', until after Christmas.

I think he has a 0% chance at repeating last season's totals.

June 21: "Ryan Kesler?s hip injury is expected to take longer to heal than originally anticipated. Kesler told NHL.com Tuesday it could take four to five months to recover from off-season hip surgery. He had the surgery to remove bone fragments earlier this month, a procedure that was supposed to keep him sidelined for 12 weeks. Kesler said he?ll now be re-evaluated in 12 weeks. The 32-year-old centre is a finalist for the Selke Trophy for the NHL?s top defensive forward. He had 22 goals and 58 points this past season." - http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/d...hs-hip-injury/
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Keep Kesler. Maatta has little to no fantasy upside and the prospects he's including are just as mediocre as Maatta.

High salary or not I see no reason why he won't repeat last season. He's a solid multicat guy.
    That's where I was leaning as well, I had tried for bigger names cause he has Caggiula, Tuch, Eriksson Ek, Zacha, and Juolevi as decent prospects but he won't move on any of them. His D is mediocre at best with Maata, Kulikov, Johns, Methot, and Carlo. Think I will just walk away, he was like I would be willing to move Carlo for Gaudreau....yeah I'll pass

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Kesler appears to be out until November/December.

I own him a a H2H league and have kept an eye on his summer. I don't think he is back, like back and 'healthy', until after Christmas.

I think he has a 0% chance at repeating last season's totals.

June 21: "Ryan Kesler?s hip injury is expected to take longer to heal than originally anticipated. Kesler told NHL.com Tuesday it could take four to five months to recover from off-season hip surgery. He had the surgery to remove bone fragments earlier this month, a procedure that was supposed to keep him sidelined for 12 weeks. Kesler said he?ll now be re-evaluated in 12 weeks. The 32-year-old centre is a finalist for the Selke Trophy for the NHL?s top defensive forward. He had 22 goals and 58 points this past season." - http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/d...hs-hip-injury/
    Yeah that's the other downside to him, I mean I can move him to my bench and put Buchnevich in his place but still leaves me down one dman...so I figure I can try to move Kesler for a decent D and try and sell high based on his last seasons totals

Minors:

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by xdmurda View Post
    Yeah that's the other downside to him, I mean I can move him to my bench and put Buchnevich in his place but still leaves me down one dman...so I figure I can try to move Kesler for a decent D and try and sell high based on his last seasons totals
    I plan to stick Kesler on the IR and wait and see. My league is a weekly H2H so his hip injury isn't as dire as it is a points only or fantasy points league set up. His trade value is very limited at the moment.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Deity

I plan to stick Kesler on the IR and wait and see. My league is a weekly H2H so his hip injury isn't as dire as it is a points only or fantasy points league set up. His trade value is very limited at the moment.
    Exactly why you don't want to move him at this time.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Yeah I guess I could do that for the time being, I roughly $1M under cap and I have a couple prospects (i.e. Aberg and Leipsic) that got $1.3M contacts that I will eventually have to bring up and that would put me over cap and cause me to not gain points. Trying to stay ahead of the game, my first thought was to drop R Smith for a D man in FA but there isn't anyone completely worth my time. Polak, Dumoulin, Engelland, Bieksa, Orpik, Hainsey, Hjalmarsson, Enstrom, etc are in there but cost a ton of money and I wouldn't know who to drop that would balance it out.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Giant

Ya, the return being offered is not even worth an injured and aging Kesler. If I were to move him though, I'd prefer a single solid prospect rather than a bunch of lesser ones.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay