Thread: Keeper Decisions - that time has finally come (REP)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Keeper Decisions - that time has finally come (REP)

12-team-keeper, H2H categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT | W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 6 --> 5 players + one player on an EL contract (entry level)
    daily lineups, weekly cap on moves, no annual cap, 8-team playoff format
    active roster spots (21 player): C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BNx9, IR, IR+

My Roster is as follows, my current selections in bold:
    Brent Burns
    Johnny Gaudreau

Martin Hanzal
    Boone Jenner
    Tyler Johnson
    Seth Jones
    Oscar Klefbom
    Leo Komarov
    Colin White
    Radim Vrbata
    Sven Andrighetto
    John Tavares
    Sam Reinhart
    Colton Parayko
    Max Pacioretty
    Nino Niederreiter
    Anze Kopitar

Ben Bishop
    Devan Dubnyk

Peter Budaj
    Aaron Dell
    Halak
    Jacob Markstrom

I took a run at first place and failed, leaving me with an excess of keeper-worthy talent. Many draft picks have been moved during the season so the market isn't exactly brimming with good deals for these players: the players most in need already have many draft picks in the first few rounds.

My current choices keepable (formerly keepable?) talent like Pacioretty, Kopitar, etc up for grabs.
    As far as EL goes, maybe Reinhart or White?

Do you agree with my keepers? If I was able to get a better EL, something like Guentzel, what would you offer for him?
    I feel like there is no way to avoid losing this trade, as long as I gain talent I can use my 6th keeper spot on (EL)

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Keeper Decisions - that time has finally come (REP)

I think white is a good EL to keep.

Unless you can somehow updgrade a keeper to a Crosby I think your selection is good. One change I would make would be to keep Max P over bishop. Max is just so reliable. This is ofcourse dependent on your league and how they go about keeping goalies. If easy to redraft a decent goalie then I'd make that move
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    I think white is a good EL to keep.

Unless you can somehow updgrade a keeper to a Crosby I think your selection is good. One change I would make would be to keep Max P over bishop. Max is just so reliable. This is ofcourse dependent on your league and how they go about keeping goalies. If easy to redraft a decent goalie then I'd make that move
    I was considering that prior to all of the moves Dallas has made. This league has progressed to a point that everyone carries 4+ goalies. I would expect all top 15 goalies to be gone before my 1st pick.
    Really hate to lose Patches, he's what I call a category winner.

Dobber Sports Sage

Cant argue with your choices, though it does suck to drop MaxPac. Any chance you can dangle him in a deal and upgrade your EL from White? Or get a better keeper?

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd think if you could dangle Reinhart and someone like Kopitar, that should get you one hell of a good player for your ELC guy. I do like Reinhart more than White though. The only downfall with Reinhart is that he's on the last year of his ELC where as Colin White has this year and next.

And your current keepers are fine with me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Your current keepers look good to me. And like a few others have said, you have some serious opportunity to upgrade your ELC or even Gaudreau.

As for the choice between White and Reinhart - I'd keep Reinhart. I think he'll be a special player with a consistent, high floor.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Padawan

The real issue with trading is that the viable trade partners are loaded with early round picks and they know I can't keep the extra talent. So really they have all the leverage.

How much better is White/Reinhart than say Guentzel? Or any EL rookie for that matter?
    The mega-stars: McDavid, Eichel, Laine, Matthews, will not be moved.
    The upcomers, like Keller, Patrick, etc, are draftable.

Even to move Reinhart + Kopitar for a 2nd round pick. The other manager would likely need to not-keep one of them and give up another player (Eberle, Palat, Grandlund, Toffoli, etc) to keep Kopitar. All to get Kopitar for a 2nd round pick instead of spending a 1st round on them (assuming they were hot for Kopitar). Would you make that trade? Personally I probably wouldn't.

The only other option would be to drop them and hope to scoop Patches myself in the 1st round, I probably pick 7th overall. Risky, and then my EL player would be someone like Reinhart.
    I want to jump on the dobber bandwagon of Guentzel for 65-75pts, but that feels equally risky.

I know that wasn't really a question. Just my line of thinking. I've been turning to Dobber Prospects hoping to gain some clarity on the value of on EL vs another.
    Any further comments/opinions welcome

Dobber Sports Padawan

Update:
    I have moved Pacioretty for Ehlers, straight swap. I feel I'm in a much better position now.
    I'm still interested in Reinhart but he will be easy to get later in the draft. I don't think he garners much attention from owners in this league.

Keepers are now:
    Brent Burns
    Johnny Gaudreau

John Tavares
    Nikolaj Ehlers (EL)

Ben Bishop
    Devan Dubnyk