Thread: Dubnyk v Bishop

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Dubnyk v Bishop

The rankings and popular opinion put Dubnyk over Bishop, but I'm leaning towards Bishop in a dynasty league, H2H, Yahoo.

Reasons being:

1) Pre/Post all star break splits - Dubnyk has faltered down the stretch the last two years

2) Hitchcock in Dallas - Have to think they will play a more defensive style

I know Bishop had an off year last year, but Tampa did in general and I see it more as a one off. Looking for devils advocate here, let me know why you would pick Dubnyk.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Dubnyk v Bishop

I still prefer Dubnyk, even with Bishop in Dallas but it's definitely close. I think Dallas will be a better team this year and even though they brought in Hitch and Methot, sometimes a coaches philosophy can take a bit to get instilled.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

I think Dubnyk is the safer play. Same system. Same team. Solid numbers last season.

That said, I don't think it would surprise anybody if Bishop has the better season for all the reasons mentioned.

I know that is a wishy washy answer but that is where we are at in comparing these two goalies. Safe play is Dubnyk. Bishop may outperform Dubnyk but I doubt he does by very much.

Plus, if Bishop falters he may lose a number of starts to Lehtonen.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

The Magnificent One

Dubnyk will have either Svedberg or Stalock backing him up. That means it's 100% his net and the back-up will play very little. In Dallas, there's Lehtonen, who should get more games. Also, the high power Dallas offense will likely open up games and thus lead to more 5-4 or 4-3 wins, which don't help goalie stats. To me, Dubnyk has the edge.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks everyone all valid points. Gives me something to think about.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Bishop is the sexy choice after seeing the new arsenal that Jim Nil has put together in Dallas. There is alot of inherent unknowns in choosign him though. We know that the Dallas defensive corps is rather terrible and a coach alone can't fix that. I do like the addition of Methot though for Bishop's value.

Dubnyk is a known quantity. If nothing else you can sell him high before the allstar break if you are betting on him faltering in the playoff stretch.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I will take the "safe" choice here in Dubnyk. The Dallas offence will be great but is the defence strong enough to take Bishop over Dubnyk ... I doubt.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If this were a Rotisserie league, it would be an easy choice.

I like the Dallas changes, but it's true there is risk around them looking like a better team on paper than how they actually perform in the coming year.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I guess I will be the only one and go out on a limb with Bishop as my choice... Call me stupid but I like how DAL looks right now, I like the coaching change and I think they have seen enough Lehts... It is Bishops net! With that team in front of him and some of the changes and adds they made I like Bishop and DAL going forward

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I know it's a different format but in my points only dynasty I had a plethora of starting goalies 2 of which were Dubnyk and Bishop...i ended up trading Dubnyk. I like both goalies and I am hoping it doesn't come back to bite me but I chose to keep Bishop because I like what Dallas has done to improve their team and Dubnyk gave me cause for concern during the 2nd half of last season as he couldn't stop a beach ball. I was afraid that his confidence issues might have crept back into the picture like the way he was pre-minnesota. Bishop does have injury history to worry about too. At the end of the day I think they're fairly even and you can't really go wrong with either option.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin