Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The faaacccckkk??

The Great One

Default The faaacccckkk??

Full dynasty- only entry level picks. Offered two 4ths and a 5th for the 19th overall- not great but not terrible.

Countered- 19th overall and a 4th next year for... OEL

Sarcastically said Id think about it.

Message was literally "well stay in touch cause thats a sweet offer and I might move it if you take too long.."

Responded- "That was a joke- your offer is gross"

:P

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: The faaacccckkk??

That's brutal!

I had a guy offer me PKane for Galy, Barrie, and Simmonds in a league that included hits and PIM. I politely declined that one.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Rookie

Assuming the 4ths are in the 50 overall range your original offer is actually very terrible. You're trying to move up a ton of spots in the draft by just adding late picks to your offer. You probably insulted him pretty badly with the original lowball offer. You can't expect serious offers to come back your way when you start with something like that. I'm assuming you're just a youngin. Don't worry over time you'll realize the best way to start negotiations in these leagues. It's a learning process but you'll get there eventually.

The Great One

Is this the other guy in that trade? ^

lol

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ddevito View Post
    Assuming the 4ths are in the 50 overall range your original offer is actually very terrible. You're trying to move up a ton of spots in the draft by just adding late picks to your offer. You probably insulted him pretty badly with the original lowball offer. You can't expect serious offers to come back your way when you start with something like that. I'm assuming you're just a youngin. Don't worry over time you'll realize the best way to start negotiations in these leagues. It's a learning process but you'll get there eventually.
    Well he can't be to much of a youngin' if he's been on Dobber for over a decade.... I have to agree the OP's original offer is way, way, way off. "Not great but not terrible" is not accurate. That is the definition of terrible. Now I'm in the camp of never finding an offer insulting but chirping back at a counter after a bad first offer is poor form IMO. You don't want to burn negotiation bridges. I'm guessing this one is in ashes.
    Last edited by Bstbullies; August 21, 2017 at 4:35 AM. Reason: Stuttering problem
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Sage

In my league, 2 4ths and a 5th for a 2nd (19 overall) is not terrible. I don't accept but I would send a counteroffer. If one of the 4ths becomes a mid to high 3rd, I strongly consider the trade.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Full dynasty- only entry level picks. Offered two 4ths and a 5th for the 19th overall- not great but not terrible.

Countered- 19th overall and a 4th next year for... OEL

Sarcastically said Id think about it.

Message was literally "well stay in touch cause thats a sweet offer and I might move it if you take too long.."

Responded- "That was a joke- your offer is gross"

:P
    Lowball offers are the regular in fantasy. Sometimes terrible ones like this.

I am a bit different than most as I try to offer fair value from the get go in my trades and say so, usually emphasizing I would not be willing to modify it much.

But we have 1-2 guys in the league that open with super lowballs and feel like they can converge to middle ground in their favor if they start lower. They make dozens of offers every month.

Sometimes the offer is so bad that I let it sit in my inbox. It is unheard of that I let it sit in my inbox more than half a day unless I am contemplating it and I usually send a message saying I am analyzing. But for the real bad ones, I let it sit in my inbox. If they think I am contemplating, they will forego other trade offers to others waiting to see my answer. After A day of not saying anything, they start the messages. At which point I say "Super busy at work, ill look at it when i get time".

I have had people wait a week for my response. Which of course, negates their ability to offer those players in other trades. Eventually they get uber worked up and I just hit decline with no dialog
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Rookie

Agreed. It's very poor form to open up with a super lowball offer by offering 2 4ths and a 5th for the #19 overall and then start chirping and be shocked when you get a lowball counter. That simply doesn't make any sense and calls into question your sense of player value and respect for the other owners playing in the league with you. I think you'll find that if you put a bit more thought and research into your offers you'll start getting some better counters in the future. Reading some statistics-based articles and increasing your hockey knowledge will help with that. Like I said earlier, you're clearly new to these larger, more in depth leagues, but don't worry you'll get the hang of it after a while. It's all a learning process, you'll figure it out eventually.

Dobber Sports Genius

Agreed. It's very poor form to open up with a super lowball offer by offering 2 4ths and a 5th for the #19 overall and then start chirping and be shocked when you get a lowball counter. That simply doesn't make any sense and calls into question your sense of player value and respect for the other owners playing in the league with you. I think you'll find that if you put a bit more thought and research into your offers you'll start getting some better counters in the future. Reading some statistics-based articles and increasing your hockey knowledge will help with that. Like I said earlier, you're clearly new to these larger, more in depth leagues, but don't worry you'll get the hang of it after a while. It's all a learning process, you'll figure it out eventually.
    Emu just got pwned!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would have done he same counter. Send junk offers and expect junk in return haha
    FANTRAX SALARY CAP LEAGUE
    $75m Cap League / 12 Teams / 18 Keepers
    20min - 25max man roster / 5 Minor bench
    G, A, STP, FOW, Takeaways, Hits, BLKS, PIM, SOG,
    W, SV%, Saves

C: Backstrom, MacKinnon, Backlund, Jost, Barzal, Zetterberg, Trocheck

W; Ehlers, Bjorkstrand, Hayden, Haley, Pacioretty, Boeser, Kreider, Riley Nash

D: Gudas, OEL, Ristolainen, Chychrun, Nurse, McAvoy Sergachev

G: Dubnyk, Stalock, Smith,
    Minor bench: Demko, Samsonov, White, Steel, Kaprizov

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Is this the other guy in that trade? ^

lol
    Im thinking so...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    In my league, 2 4ths and a 5th for a 2nd (19 overall) is not terrible. I don't accept but I would send a counteroffer. If one of the 4ths becomes a mid to high 3rd, I strongly consider the trade.
    Especially in a year with a decidedly notable drop after the top 15 and late rounds rife with homerun potential. Again it was a feeler- but I always ask myself if Id accept it before I send a trade. In this case the answer would be "likely not but it would be intriguing" which to me is enough to open a dialogue- hence not great but not terrible. I stand by that. Having done my due diligence Im pretty confident I will be able to land two very interesting assets at those spots.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Thanks daydream- those were my thoughts- start filling in picks and spots- with the assets youre likely yo knab at each spit- look at the threads posting drafts already. Its not a terrible offer...

The Great One

6 posts- and most are inthis thread- hmm I wonder why youre so invested random forum guy?

Lol :P

I feel like most people are agreeing with me here. And on top of that (whoever you are) the chirping happened AFTER the counter offer and subsequent "hurry it up I need to know for other trades". Just clarifying because not being involved as you clearly werent you wouldnt know that :P

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by TheBends View Post
    I would have done he same counter. Send junk offers and expect junk in return haha
    Is it that bad- can you at least specify the gamebreaker at 19 youre expecting? Id consider it- might even accept it but at the end of the day its definitely counterable...