Thread: Gostisbehere++ for Keller

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Gostisbehere++ for Keller

For the league in my sig.

I just traded Barrie to get Huberdeau so my defense isn't as loaded as it used to be, but i think it can afford to take a hit.

I trade: Gostisbehere, Kyle Connor (in farm), second round pick in 2017 rookie draft
    I receive: Keller, Maatta/Doumolin(he would need to drop a player so one of them would basically be a throw in for me).

On the surface it seems like a lot, but if Keller is in fact the next Kaner, and i'm getting him at 19 y/o.. I think I win. Even still, Ghost could be a 60 point D man and Connor could put up 60-70 points in a good year, especially if he leaves Winnipeg.

Thoughts?
    - 12 team, 40 keeper dynasty league
    - Scoring categories for skaters: G, A, PIM, HIT, BLK, STP, FOW, SOG, +/-, DEF, ATOI
    - Scoring categories for goalies: W, SV, SV%, SO, GAA
    - Start 12F, 6D, 3UTIL, 3 min goalie starts a week
    - Starters in bold

Forwards: MacKinnon, Tarasenko, Tavares, Panarin, Johansen, Ehlers, E. Kane, Lee, Huberdeau, Horvat, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Pacioretty, Meier, Fabbri, Sikura, Zacha, Burakovsky, Spooner, Jost, Roussel, Kaprizov, Cirelli, Berglund,

Defense: Pietrangelo, Parayko, Dumba, Faulk, Provorov, Muzzin, McAvoy, Carlson, Nurse, Del Zotto, Borowiecki, Russell

Goalies: Jones, Vasilevskiy, Raanta, Keumper, Remier, Demko

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Gostisbehere++ for Keller

I don't really know how well Maatta/Doumolin do for hits and blocks, but, on the surface, I think that the point difference between Gostisbehere and either of those guys will be larger than the point difference between Connor and Keller, once they are settled into their long term roles in a couple of years. Throwing in your second round pick, I would be hesitant to do this trade.

I will admit, however, that I have a hard time buying "the next Patrick Kane" hype that I've been reading a lot about lately. Patrick Kane was a first overall pick who jumped right into the league and put up 72 points as a rookie. He is an elite level player, the likes of which are very rare. I'm don't doubt that Keller can't be very good to great, but elite is another step above that. I guess what I am saying is, do not make this trade because you think that you're getting Patrick Kane in return. You likely aren't. If you're comfortable making this trade knowing that you could be getting Johnny Gaudreau and trading away Filip Forsberg, then you will feel much better about the long term outcome.

The Great One

Dobber puts Keller at 90 upside and 75 3yp. Connor is 80 upside and 64 3yp. Is the difference worth a 2nd and Ghost? I'd say no....

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree with the two posts above. Believing Keller is the next Patrick Kane is setting yourself up for dissapointment. I own Keller in keeper lesgue and would love for him to get close to Kane's level but realistically I would compare him to a Johnny Hockey (not too shaby either). I think you're giving away too much.