Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
Your first rounders would be pretty good in a keep 12 league.

I can see the first 4-5 rounds be pretty good.

Especially since you said you can't hold on these guys forever. Whats the prospect cutoff in this league?

Can't evaluate this deal until we see next years draft and who's available but I love deals that take less risk.

Sadly, I just traded Aho in my points only.

Excited to see what he does next few years.
Its just a keep 12- no juniors/farm system- so drafting prospects is risky. If they dont break out in their first year you basically have to decide if theyre worth keeping a dead spot on your bench all year- which isnt really fesible on a competing team. So you end up with just a handful of teams that conced the year to re-building and they can plunder the prospect pool. I managed to add Keller and Theodore very late basically when I was mathematically out of contention- and they both luck to be very lucky acquisitions.

Because its a sog league and Aho contributed very well in this refard for a rookie. Hes already a very solid 9-10 keeper even without a step forward in my estimation. Hes likely to get very solid players with those spots but I felt Aho was a very solid investment. Also having 3 other 1sts and an extra 2nd doesnt hurt :P