Thread: Help Keeper List

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Help Keeper List

Need your help to finalize my keeper list.

About the league: 12 team, 18 players (12F, 4D & 2G) + 3 bench (any positions), 10 Keepers + 2 minors (optional)
    Points (G A PPP SHP) + PIMS & SOG ... W & SO

Keepers so far:
    FWD: Tavares(5.5M), Pacio(4.5M), Barkov(5.9M), Wheeler(5.6M), Stone (3.5M), Sheary (3M
    D: Carlson (4M)
    G: Price (6.5M)

Minors: Clayton Keller & Dylan Strome

Need 2 more out of : Craig Anderson (4.2M), Eberle (6M), Carter (5.2M), Trouba (2.8M)

I also have the opportunity to get Ryan Johansen (8M) for a 5th rd pick. Debating on if he's worth his cap hit or if I should just keep someone like Carter and use the cap on someone else.

Thank you in advance.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Help Keeper List

I would keep Carter and Trouba but I would also keep both of them over Sheary. And Johansen for a 5th round pick? That sounds too good to be true. Am I missing something here?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

No the GM trading him finished first and his keepers are very solid. Plus he can't manage his new cap hit of 8M. If I do get him, who should I drop from my keepers list?
    I had sheary in my list because he's fairly cheap (3M).

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patry88 View Post
    No the GM trading him finished first and his keepers are very solid. Plus he can't manage his new cap hit of 8M. If I do get him, who should I drop from my keepers list?
    I had sheary in my list because he's fairly cheap (3M).
    If you do acquire Johansen, then keeping Sheary makes sense with his lower salary compared to Carter who would be dropped in that case. But yes, the $8M cap hit is a bit high for Johansen. How high is your salary cap and how are expensive players like him valued in your league usually? I think that's a big question to answer before we know if Johansen is truly an upgrade over someone like Carter.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    If you do acquire Johansen, then keeping Sheary makes sense with his lower salary compared to Carter who would be dropped in that case. But yes, the $8M cap hit is a bit high for Johansen. How high is your salary cap and how are expensive players like him valued in your league usually? I think that's a big question to answer before we know if Johansen is truly an upgrade over someone like Carter.
    75M salary cap. What's worries me is I have a few players due for raises next year (Tavares, Price, Stone) and I probably won't be able to keep all of them

The Great One

You might as well post this question again, putting the cap hits of players in brackets. Nobody is going to go look up the cap hits to give you advice, that's too much work. I'd probably keep trouba and Anderson and would probably pass on Jonahssen now knowing that this is a cap league. you'd probably have to drop someone just as good to keep him (depending upon your cap situation, it doesn't sound like you can afford him though)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    You might as well post this question again, putting the cap hits of players in brackets. Nobody is going to go look up the cap hits to give you advice, that's too much work. I'd probably keep trouba and Anderson and would probably pass on Jonahssen now knowing that this is a cap league. you'd probably have to drop someone just as good to keep him (depending upon your cap situation, it doesn't sound like you can afford him though)
    I've updated my original post to show salaries. I can afford him, it would juste require me to draft cheaper guys. Currently I expect to have an average of 3M to spend per player on draft day which is still a lot considering I plan to pick guys on ELC like Theodore, McAvoy. I also have my sight on guys like Lindholm (2.9M) and Burakovsky (3M) who I believe could have big years. Keepers list are not due until sept. 1st. I'll have a better idea of who's available to draft then