Thread: Pavel Zacha

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Pavel Zacha

Hey gentlemen I was wondering how many points you guys think Zacha will earn this upcoming season. I think Zajac's injury boosts his point totals for this season. Thoughts?

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Pavel Zacha

Well not sure why I cannot post on the thread talking about zajacs injury but that article says only Henrique will be benefit.

Good chance Zacha moves to top line with hall during the injury in that Henrique didn't click with hall in the past. Not a forgone conclusion but if Zacha does move to that line and could stick with it look out. But even if he goes to second line he will play with Johansson which is a good spot also.

I am looking at 45-65 points. Remember devils will still struggle to score so I have a low point value there also
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Great One

The Zajac injury is brutal and the Devils surely can't start the year with Hischier and Zacha as their #1/#2, right?

I see Boyle playing big minutes for the first half of the year.

Regarding Hischier
    "We view him as a center and he has all the attributes to play center, so we'll give him the opportunity,"
    coach John Hynes said.
    He'll definitely be at center now especially with Zajac out until mid December.

Last season featured Zajac centering Taylor Hall and Kyle Palmieri. Someone has to fill that void until mid December. At the earliest. And it's likely going to be Henrique. It was the last time Zajac had a significant offseason injury. Henrique was a rookie then but he stepped in and centered the top line until Zajac returned. His wingers then were Parise and Kovalchuk.

I don't really think Henrique can hang with first line centermen.

My best bet is that New Jersey goes through at least two centermen to play on that top line. I expect the top 4C in Jersey to be Henrique-Hischier-Zacha-Boyle....until Zajac gets back.

As for Zacha. My guess is 35-40 points which would be a very good year.

Dobber Sports Master

Given the injury to Zajac, the slightly improved offense in NJ, and Zacha's growing role, I'd put him anywhere between 35-45 points this season.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy