Thread: Team audit

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Team audit

Haven't got to the minors or bench part of my team but this is my main roster. Wat do you guys think

G,A,HIT,BLK,FOW,PIM(BAD),SOG,FO%,TRUESHOOTING%,SAV ES,SHO,GAA,SV%
    12 team dynasty
    ROTO
    4C (328 max)
    4LW (328 max)
    4RW (328 max)
    6D (492 max)
    2G (82 max)
    6 bench
    15 minors

C- Jack Eichel (BUF)
    C- Vincent Trocheck (FLA)
    C- Nazem Kadri (TOR)
    C- Jonathan Marchessault (VGK)
    LW- Anders Lee (NYI)
    LW- Gabriel Landeskog (COL)
    LW- Tanner Pearson (LA)
    LW- Nick Ritchie (ANA)
    RW- Tyler Seguin (DAL)
    RW- Wayne Simmonds (PHI)
    RW- Cam Atkinson (CBJ)
    RW- David Backes (BOS)
    D- Oliver Ekman-Larsson (ARI)
    D- Dougie Hamilton (CGY)
    D- Shayne Gostisbehere (PHI)
    D- Radko Gudas (PHI)
    D- Ian Cole (PIT)
    D- Derek Forbort (LAK)
    G- Frederik Andersen (TOR)
    G- Jonathan Quick (LA)
    BN-
    BN-
    BN-
    BN-
    BN-
    BN-

FARM
    C- Casey Mittelstadt (BUF)
    C- Sam Steel (ANA)
    LW- Kirill Kaprizov (MIN)
    LW- Oskar Lindblom (PHI)
    RW- Owen Tippett (FLA)

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Team audit

updated

The Great One

Never seen a league with this category.

TRUESHOOTING%

Quickly scanning the team and going off a 'points only mentality' I see this team finishing around 7-9 out of 12. The bottom half of the league Id say.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Never seen a league with this category.

TRUESHOOTING%

Quickly scanning the team and going off a 'points only mentality' I see this team finishing around 7-9 out of 12. The bottom half of the league Id say.
    really. what is wrong with the team, its got goals, sog, hits, blocks, im trying to figure out where i went wrong

i looked at last seasons stats compared to other teams and mine got almost 400 goals

The Great One

Ive never done a HITS/BLK league so Im probably the worst guy giving an opinion on this league.

But again, I was going off a points only mentality.

I don't like Marchessault I think he regresses. If you replaced him with another #2 center Id like your centers a lot more. I think Kadri regresses too. But Id def take him as a number #3/#4.

I don't like Lee. Id be surprised if he puts up 30 again. His shooting % was 17 last year. His career average now is 13%. He does take a ton of shots so thats good for your league too. If he goes back to his average it's about 10 less goals. Seems right to me.
    I don't like Pearson that much but he could have a breakout year. I could also see Kempe giving Pearson some competition. Along with Gaborik.
    Ritchie and Landeskog is a nice #3/4 but I don't like the #1/#2.

Your RW is awesome and definitely your strongest position.

Your D is alright I guess. At some point guys that HIT/BLK are more valuable than point guys, right? I don't know when that is though.

Awesome goalies too.

Id probably dangle one of your RW and see what you can fetch. Getting a star LW, a #2 centermen and shoring up the D would be my priority.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Ive never done a HITS/BLK league so Im probably the worst guy giving an opinion on this league.

But again, I was going off a points only mentality.

I don't like Marchessault I think he regresses. If you replaced him with another #2 center Id like your centers a lot more. I think Kadri regresses too. But Id def take him as a number #3/#4.

I don't like Lee. Id be surprised if he puts up 30 again. His shooting % was 17 last year. His career average now is 13%. He does take a ton of shots so thats good for your league too. If he goes back to his average it's about 10 less goals. Seems right to me.
    I don't like Pearson that much but he could have a breakout year. I could also see Kempe giving Pearson some competition. Along with Gaborik.
    Ritchie and Landeskog is a nice #3/4 but I don't like the #1/#2.

Your RW is awesome and definitely your strongest position.

Your D is alright I guess. At some point guys that HIT/BLK are more valuable than point guys, right? I don't know when that is though.

Awesome goalies too.

Id probably dangle one of your RW and see what you can fetch. Getting a star LW, a #2 centermen and shoring up the D would be my priority.
    i have to admit multi cat is a very weak point for me, id do much better in a pts league but this is a lot of fun. first place gets a $250 gift card to NHL.com so am hoping my guys do well lol.

The Magnificent One

I think you overdid it with the rough and tumble guys. If you're lucky you'll have two guys hit 65+ points, when in a 12 team league you should have at minimum three. You also seem to have missed out on guys who can get you FOW from the wing. Maybe a middle of the pack team at best, as another responder said. Sorry for the bluntness.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I think you overdid it with the rough and tumble guys. If you're lucky you'll have two guys hit 65+ points, when in a 12 team league you should have at minimum three. You also seem to have missed out on guys who can get you FOW from the wing. Maybe a middle of the pack team at best, as another responder said. Sorry for the bluntness.
    forgot to add that FOW only counts for the Center position, so no players on the wing can get FOW even tough they have the eligibility.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think your team is pretty solid!

Trocheck, Simmomds and Kadri are incredible for your cats. Gudas is fantastic for hits, blks and PIM.

My only flags are Landeskog and Backes. Maybe try and trade them for some snipers or playmakers
    FANTRAX SALARY CAP LEAGUE
    $75m Cap League / 12 Teams / 18 Keepers
    20min - 25max man roster / 5 Minor bench
    G, A, STP, FOW, Takeaways, Hits, BLKS, PIM, SOG,
    W, SV%, Saves

C: Backstrom, MacKinnon, Backlund, Jost, Barzal, Zetterberg, Trocheck

W; Ehlers, Bjorkstrand, Hayden, Haley, Pacioretty, Boeser, Kreider, Riley Nash

D: Gudas, OEL, Ristolainen, Chychrun, Nurse, McAvoy Sergachev

G: Dubnyk, Stalock, Smith,
    Minor bench: Demko, Samsonov, White, Steel, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by TheBends View Post
    I think your team is pretty solid!

Trocheck, Simmomds and Kadri are incredible for your cats. Gudas is fantastic for hits, blks and PIM.

My only flags are Landeskog and Backes. Maybe try and trade them for some snipers or playmakers
    i thought i might have reached on both but the hits were what i wanted lol. FUNNY thing is I missed out on Hornqvist, forgot he was avialable then I took Atkinson #SadStuntman

The Magnificent One

Ouch - Hornqvist is a monster in this league
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Not a bad team, I would say top half.

Things I would suggest:

1) Ditch Ritchie - like a previous poster mentioned, your team is heavy on forwards who put up hits. He is redundant.
    2) Improve goaltending - this is my personal bias but I'm just not that big a Quick fan for fantasy and think he's in decline
    3) Swap Marchessault with a better FO centre. Your team is weak in that area and you could probably find someone better to fill that position that may put up slightly less points. I'm guessing he will also be a +- killer playing on a terrible Vegas team.
    4) In the long run try to improve team scoring at the expense of hits

I use many of the categories you do, and I find some teams will go out of their way to make one far better than it needs to be at the expense of the obvious - scoring. You have some top players so you should be ok (especially if Eichel plays a full season), but I have to think other teams have better scoring depth.

This advice is of course worth what you paid for it.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by dh2k View Post
    Not a bad team, I would say top half.

Things I would suggest:

1) Ditch Ritchie - like a previous poster mentioned, your team is heavy on forwards who put up hits. He is redundant.
    2) Improve goaltending - this is my personal bias but I'm just not that big a Quick fan for fantasy and think he's in decline
    3) Swap Marchessault with a better FO centre. Your team is weak in that area and you could probably find someone better to fill that position that may put up slightly less points. I'm guessing he will also be a +- killer playing on a terrible Vegas team.
    4) In the long run try to improve team scoring at the expense of hits

I use many of the categories you do, and I find some teams will go out of their way to make one far better than it needs to be at the expense of the obvious - scoring. You have some top players so you should be ok (especially if Eichel plays a full season), but I have to think other teams have better scoring depth.

This advice is of course worth what you paid for it.
    thanks for the info. another question, how is my farm team looking
    we will have 15 farm team players when its all said and done

FARM
    C- Casey Mittelstadt (BUF)
    C- Sam Steel (ANA)
    C- Gabriel Vilardi (LAK)
    LW- Kirill Kaprizov (MIN)
    LW- Oskar Lindblom (PHI)
    RW- Owen Tippett (FLA)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Suppose it depends on how that aspect of your league works.

Reason being, most of those guys are a few years out before they make their clubs.

Kaprizov is the best one in my opinion. The other guys will all likely be nhler's but I think it's debatable as to how useful they will end up being for fantasy (though that depends on your # of keepers as well).

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by dh2k View Post
    Suppose it depends on how that aspect of your league works.

Reason being, most of those guys are a few years out before they make their clubs.

Kaprizov is the best one in my opinion. The other guys will all likely be nhler's but I think it's debatable as to how useful they will end up being for fantasy (though that depends on your # of keepers as well).
    we keep everyone. not a limited keeper