Thread: Game of Thrones S7 E6 thread. Warning SPOILERS

Dobber Sports Star

Default Game of Thrones S7 E6 thread. Warning SPOILERS

So who all went with Jon on the trip to catch the wight? The reason I ask, is because I thought somebody got dragged off by the undead bear leaving a pool of blood. As well, when they were running across the ice and being chased, I saw one of them trip and get jumped by undead and then plunge through the ice, and near the end of the battle, I saw one of the party get tackled off the small cliff into a maw of undead who seemed to kill him while he screamed and reached for help. The problem is, that I can only think of Thoros dying from the group, and can't think of who these others were. Did they take some no name red shirts from the East Gate with them?

Anyway. It was a good episode. Not sure where the Sansa/Arya storyline is going. I like that one of the dragons is batting for the other side now, even though it was fairly predictable. It will be interesting to see, if his breath weapon is still fire, or if it changes to frost.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Game of Thrones S7 E6 thread. Warning SPOILERS

They had some guys going behind them with some stuff on a sled.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    So who all went with Jon on the trip to catch the wight? The reason I ask, is because I thought somebody got dragged off by the undead bear leaving a pool of blood. As well, when they were running across the ice and being chased, I saw one of them trip and get jumped by undead and then plunge through the ice, and near the end of the battle, I saw one of the party get tackled off the small cliff into a maw of undead who seemed to kill him while he screamed and reached for help. The problem is, that I can only think of Thoros dying from the group, and can't think of who these others were. Did they take some no name red shirts from the East Gate with them?

Anyway. It was a good episode. Not sure where the Sansa/Arya storyline is going. I like that one of the dragons is batting for the other side now, even though it was fairly predictable. It will be interesting to see, if his breath weapon is still fire, or if it changes to frost.

Rylant
    Ya it was a random dude first...then Thoros got it.

To be honest....didn't love the episode. Every battle so far has been so organic and natural with a great story. This one just felt forced and cheap. Like seriously...they risked 8 great fighter's lives to abduct a wight.....to convince Cersei....who they could wipe out in minutes. Seems innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnncredibly dumb.

And the battle...with them just fending off the formerly terrifying wights......is this Game of Thrones or Walking Dead??? Cuz that was STRAIGHT from Walking Dead.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well, now the white walkers have a dragon. This should make it easy for them to break through the wall.

That white walker has a pretty powerful arm, to be able to throw a heavy spear so high into the air to kill the dragon, eh? He should try for the Olympics javelin throwing competition.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

The Great One

^^^ Lol dis doe!!!

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Ya it was a random dude first...then Thoros got it.

To be honest....didn't love the episode. Every battle so far has been so organic and natural with a great story. This one just felt forced and cheap. Like seriously...they risked 8 great fighter's lives to abduct a wight.....to convince Cersei....who they could wipe out in minutes. Seems innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnncredibly dumb.

And the battle...with them just fending off the formerly terrifying wights......is this Game of Thrones or Walking Dead??? Cuz that was STRAIGHT from Walking Dead.
    Ya definitely some really good points. One of the things that I have always really liked about Game of Thrones, is that it is smart. Their plan to abduct a wight was pretty ridiculous. Firstly, as we have seen, wights don't tend to walk around alone, which means it might be difficult to get just 1, instead of thousands. As well, even if they CAN abduct one, are they certain of the magic that animates it? What if the wight stops working as they get farther away? What if it turns, from a wight to a corpse right outside of King's Landing? Cersei is also aware of the existence of magic, so showing her 1 wight is not likely to impress her; hell, the Mountain is basically one himself. She is also very evil. Even if she DID believe that the dead were marching and a huge threat, she isn't likely to change her ways and decide to start helping as a good team mate. Overall, a really stupid idea which feels more like they are doing it for the audience's benefit, rather than because it's a good idea.

Another point I would like to make about the dragons. Throughout the series, the overwhelming thought has been "Oh, the dragons are too small to be a threat, but you just wait until they get big!" Well, now that they are big and should now be huge game changing elements, over the last 2 episodes, they have been shown to be very vulnerable. First, Drogon with the Scorpion Ballista, and now Viserion with the spear thrown by the Night King. Personally, I think that this type of vulnerability devalues the mystique that they carry and makes them not nearly as intimidating.

So, overall, it was an episode which will no doubt have people exclaiming "Oh My God!", but may not be considered a really good episode, when you think about it.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Pro

That was a terrible stupid plan, made absolutely no sense, audience is supposed to suspend all disbelief cause DRAGONS! ZOMBIES! ZOMBIE DRAGONS!
    Dont get me wrong the show is still good, but in a made for tv fantasy way. I get thats what it literally is, but it used to be something different, had a little more depth to it.

ps. This Arya story line is awful, hope the character is killed off next episode, tho its more likely she heads north and kills the White Walkers herself with her little dagger cause shes the greatest fighter on the planet thanks to that epic training montage from last season.
    pss. Im not that bitter, just a little bitter.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer