Thread: King Henrik

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default King Henrik

Hey guys,

What are your thoughts on Lundqvist this season? I feel like last year was a bit of an outlier, where his GAA and SP% was way less favourble than what we've grown to expect. Realize's he's older at 35, but many goalies continue to play well as they age, and his playoff stats looked good (2.25 GAA, 0.920 SP%).

My hunch is most poolies will knock him down quite a few pegs and he will be a steal at the auction table as a no2 or no3 goalie (this season only).
    Is 2.30-2.35 GAA and 0.915 - 0.920 SP% still reasonable? Dobber has him at 2.48 and 0.911 currently, and I would like to think he can fully outperform these expectations.
    Keeper Team: $300 Auction draft, 10 F, 5 D, 3 G, 5 Bench
    Keep For Following Year: 3 F, 2 D, 1 G

11 Team, Rotisserie G A PTS +/- PIMS PPG PPA SHP GWG W GAA SV% SO

F: Marner, Eichel, Hughes, Crosby, Kopitar, Rust, O'Reilly, Giroux, Horvat, Palat, Podkolzin, Jenner, Copp*, Colton*
    D:
    Toews, Byram, Letang, Theodore, Hamilton
    G:
    Campbell, Fleury, Knight, Quick
    IR: *Cirelli, *DeBrusk

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: King Henrik

He plays deep in his net, and his athleticism and reaction time are fading with age.

That being said, I think he will do better this year than he did last year. I just don't think he bounces back to being a top fantasy producer again.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think last year was the continuation of the decline, not an aberration.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I think last year was the continuation of the decline, not an aberration.
    I agree with this. He won't be a bad goalie to own because NYR will still be in there....but they won't be a contender.

Dobber Sports Pro

Going back to 2015-16's .920 save% seems too much to expect, but 2016-17's .910 seems too low. I'm guessing between .913 and .917 save% this year.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Going back to 2015-16's .920 save% seems too much to expect, but 2016-17's .910 seems too low. I'm guessing between .913 and .917 save% this year.
    I'm with you on this, would be great to see him post 0.917-0.918 with 2.30-2.40 GAA. While he is on the downswing, I don't think last season is the new norm. Judging by the responses here I do think he will be a value pick at my auction draft. Most of our tier 1 goalies go for $40, while tier 2-3 can slide down to ~$20. If Hank goes low and produces average stats with 35 wins, I'll be a happy guy. I kept Talbot to ensure a top tendy on my team and gives flex for my other 2 G's needed
    Keeper Team: $300 Auction draft, 10 F, 5 D, 3 G, 5 Bench
    Keep For Following Year: 3 F, 2 D, 1 G

11 Team, Rotisserie G A PTS +/- PIMS PPG PPA SHP GWG W GAA SV% SO

F: Marner, Eichel, Hughes, Crosby, Kopitar, Rust, O'Reilly, Giroux, Horvat, Palat, Podkolzin, Jenner, Copp*, Colton*
    D:
    Toews, Byram, Letang, Theodore, Hamilton
    G:
    Campbell, Fleury, Knight, Quick
    IR: *Cirelli, *DeBrusk

Dobber Sports Superstar

no longer at his peak but he now has a defense as deep as the one that went to the cup final couple seasons back which can only help. Nonetheless this guy gets you thirty wins a year and that is solid value.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Ace

May not affect your league settings that much, but the King has a decent schedule for the fantasy playoffs, and a crappy back-up... I truly think he is almost done in terms of being part of the top goaltending class, however, this season will be the new aberration - in that he will go nuts for one last great season posting .918 and have a bunch of wins (35+) and even a nice uptick in Shutouts... but expect a sharp decline after this year.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Recruit

Most everybody seems to agree that he is in decline. I question how durable he will be in the season. At 35, certainly not too old but 2 out of the 3 last years, he played less than 60. I would certainly recommend handcuffing him with his backup The reports are that he has recovered completely from the knee sprain suffered in the World Hockey competition. His backup does not inspire a lot of confidence: Ondrej Pavelec