Thread: Looking to change league hosts - Need Feedback

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Looking to change league hosts - Need Feedback

Hi all,

(First official post, but I've been reading for years.)

Currently I have a 14 team keeper league that is hosted on CBS. Beyond the fact that the CBS news feed is useless for hockey, their App is beyond pathetic and now the prices of their commissioner leagues is just sky rocketing we were looking at moving our site to a new location.

I've played on Yahoo before but they don't always have the deepest player pool, however if you've got pros/ cons I'd love to hear them.

Only done football on ESPN but the App is good and as with Yahoo the price is right.

I've never been on FanTrax but same as above, would love to hear what's good and bad.

If you're on something beyond these please let me know, I am partial to a more graphic interface. Played a baseball league a few years ago that was more or less on a site that was an excel spreadsheet. Would like to avoid that. Thanks in advance guys, we're not against staying with CBS if it is the best option but we're shopping.

Travis

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Looking to change league hosts - Need Feedback

I only use Fantrax but it's great. Such deep player pools (if they're missing anyone, just make a request and they'll add him), and so many settings you can tweak to make the league exactly the way you want. And their farm and salary cap systems are great if you use those. The better features come with a price, though, but I think it's only $80 or something like that for a year which isn't bad when you split it between 14 GMs.

Chat is probably the worst thing at Fantrax. A lot of people don't like it at all but to me it's fine since I've used it for years.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Fantrax has come a long way with its GUI lately, but it steel feels a bit like an online database.

It does come with a wealth of options and customization functions, some at a cost though.

It's more like a Utility Vehicle to Yahoo's Sports car.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Superstar

IF you search you'll find several threads on this.

In a nutshell
    Yahoo: Free. Is the most widely used platform, easy to navigate, solid app. Not great for deep leagues in terms of players, minors or speciality stats.
    ESPN: Free. Solid userface and platform, decent player updates. Same limitations: no minors, goes down annually for maintenance, poor minors etc.
    Fantrax: Has by far the most options. If you want to customize your league they will do everything for you. Top end leagues with full-customization do cost, app isn't great, new format to learn to navigate.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Fantrax is such a great site once you get used to it. It is my 100% recommendation!

Dobber Sports Ace

Fantrax I think is the one you have to use for a deep league, but you should set up another format for trade talks etc. the chat function is horrific imo

Dobber Sports Pro

Fantrax if your league has prospects and draft pick trading, and you want the most customization and quick feedback. But it does look like shit (has improved) and their app sucks. I love the trading function on this one too.

Yahoo if there are no prospects, you do stuff mainly over the app, and you want the best look. I do not understand why it vanishes in the summer for keeper leagues (maybe the commish in my one league just does it like that) and I hate their trade screen/functions. Their trash talk app is fun.

CBS I left long ago as they really don't care about hockey pools.

ESPN I used like once a while ago and for some reason never understood it haha. So no comment
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league