Thread: Chik-fil-A at new Falcons stadium?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Chik-fil-A at new Falcons stadium?

Interesting read about a restaurant at an NFL stadium that doesn't open on Sundays.....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...g-in-the-night
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Chik-fil-A at new Falcons stadium?

Read about it a few days ago. Considering that the will be home to NCAA football, MLS, concerts, etc. it's not that huge of a deal. Space will still be used on Sunday for some generic food service.

However when I first the headline I initially thought WTF? However they have created a successful business (no matter how you feel of the company's beliefs) and their chicken is phenomenal.

Dobber Sports Star

As an atheist, I still understand the concept of trying to follow the direction of The Bible, but this is one of the things that baffles me. The entire concept of "Remember the Sabbath Day and keep it Holy" is very interpretational. Does that mean that you aren't allowed to work? Some people think so. Can't you keep the Sabbath Day Holy and STILL work? I would think so, but it doesn't really apply to me. What happens of you are a doctor? Or a Fireman? Are you allowed to disregard this rule if it is no longer convenient? Is the Doctor allowed to say "Oh, sorry... you shouldn't have gotten sick on Sunday...", or the Fireman to say "Oh, tough luck to have your house on fire on Sunday. Well, if it is still burning on Monday, I will put it out..."?

Also, there are so many other Bible "Rules" that are so widely ignored, this one seems strange to me. I know many religious people with tattoos (you aren't supposed to). I know many religious people who steal (A religious friend of mine regularly downloads HBO shows even though he doesn't subscribe to HBO). I know many fat religious people (Gluttony is a sin). etc...

Somebody remind me again; which Bible rules can you ignore and still go to Heaven?

Rylant

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    As an atheist, I still understand the concept of trying to follow the direction of The Bible, but this is one of the things that baffles me. The entire concept of "Remember the Sabbath Day and keep it Holy" is very interpretational. Does that mean that you aren't allowed to work? Some people think so. Can't you keep the Sabbath Day Holy and STILL work? I would think so, but it doesn't really apply to me. What happens of you are a doctor? Or a Fireman? Are you allowed to disregard this rule if it is no longer convenient? Is the Doctor allowed to say "Oh, sorry... you shouldn't have gotten sick on Sunday...", or the Fireman to say "Oh, tough luck to have your house on fire on Sunday. Well, if it is still burning on Monday, I will put it out..."?

Also, there are so many other Bible "Rules" that are so widely ignored, this one seems strange to me. I know many religious people with tattoos (you aren't supposed to). I know many religious people who steal (A religious friend of mine regularly downloads HBO shows even though he doesn't subscribe to HBO). I know many fat religious people (Gluttony is a sin). etc...

Somebody remind me again; which Bible rules can you ignore and still go to Heaven?

Rylant

AS much as I would love to have this conversation with you I do not feel this is the place to have it!

This was not intention for starting this post. I just found it funny from a strategic point of view that the busiest days would be the days that the restaurant is not open.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    AS much as I would love to have this conversation with you I do not feel this is the place to have it!

This was not intention for starting this post. I just found it funny from a strategic point of view that the busiest days would be the days that the restaurant is not open.
    If you can't have a respectable religious debate on the Lounge at Dobber Hockey, where can you have it? :-)

Honestly, I am not sure if you can have this discussion about Chik-fil-A being closed on Sundays without asking "why"?

Rylant

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    If you can't have a respectable religious debate on the Lounge at Dobber Hockey, where can you have it? :-)

Honestly, I am not sure if you can have this discussion about Chik-fil-A being closed on Sundays without asking "why"?

Rylant
    It was more the strategic aspect... of Chik-Fil-A being closed on Sundays where Atlanta plays 99% of their home games at the stadium on Sundays.

I expected it to be more like the conversation of why would someone set up a ski hill in Southern Florida...just doesn't make sense strategically.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post

I expected it to be more like the conversation of why would someone set up a ski hill in Southern Florida...just doesn't make sense strategically.
    I'm no football fan, but as far as I know they only play 8 home games a season (not sure how many of these would be played on Monday - 1? 0?). That means NFL games are only played there on 2% of the days, so presumably they will make their money charging gross amounts during events that take place on the other 98% of the days.

I can see that it's weird, but they obviously see the place as valuable beyond the NFL games.