Thread: Keeper help required!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Keeper help required!

Hi All,

I play in a keep 14 league. Weekly lockout Roto scoring, Play 12 Fwds and 4 D per week. Categories are G, A, PPP, +/-, PIMs Hits, Blocks and Shots. Goalies are GAA, Save %, W, SHO.

Can you help me pick my last few keepers.

Certain Keeper Fwds: Tavares, Schiefele, E Kane, Johansen, Hall, Backstrom
    Certain Keeper D: Karlson, OEL, Hamilton, Letang
    Certain Keeper Goalie: Gibson

This means I can keep 3 of:

Drouin, Radulov, Nino, Atkinson, Bishop and Vasilevskiy

I think one needs to be a goalie. I find it hard dropping Drouin just as he is about to become very relevant.

Many thanks

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Keeper help required!

I would drop Gibson and Keep Drouin Vasilevsky and Bishop, you could also consider dropping Kane for Radulov although I think Kane in this setup is actually useful but you can find what he does best on the wire or redraft easier than scoring. As I think Radulov will out produce Kane in G A ppp and +/-
    Finished 2nd '09 , 3rd '10, 3rd '11, 2nd '12, 5th '13, 4th '14, 2nd '15
    16 Team Lifetime Keeper: Total Fantasy Points; Weekly Changes (Mon.) 32 Man Roster
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

Keep 17 of 32 and Less Than 41gp Career Including Playoffs
    G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    F= Parise, Marleau, Kopitar, Nichushkin ,Schwartz, Nyquist, Backes, Backstrom, Perry, Zetterberg, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Burrows, Goldobin, Jones, Petan, Virtanen, Vrana
    D= S. Weber, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Miller, Enstrom, Girardi, Colaiacovo, Boyle, Carrick
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski

Dobber Sports Genius

I would keep Drouin Bishop and Vasilievsky.....having Gibson means you have to deal with injury risk....I would keep all 3 G and maybe try to trade one during the season ( Bishop) and see what you could get.....In a keeper, I am keeping Gibson and Vas in goal for sure....

Next, I would drop E Kane (too much injury prone) and would add Radulov
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Superstar

Radulov, Atkinson, Vas
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Giant

Bishop for sure
    Drouin is a gamble that will pay off so another lock here

The last one is a toss up between Vas and Radu. Personally I'd take Vasilevskiy if goalies are hard to come by since he can probably fetch you a better player than Radulov should you decide to move him. CHunter brings up a valid point in regards to Gibson's injury history... Vas would then become an important insurance piece for you.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Deity

Do you have a 1st round pick in the redraft and if so, where is it in the 1st round?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Do you have a 1st round pick in the redraft and if so, where is it in the 1st round?
    Ill draft 4th in redraft, Axe.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Gonna be off-beat here and suggest Radulov, Bishop, and Vasilevskiy. Goalies in general are hard to predict and, when combined with Gibson's injury history, you might as well keep all three especially considering how good all three are as fantasy options. Most people are going to say Drouin over Radulov, but I disagree. I think either way you're going with a big gamble, however Drouin hasn't proven himself as a top fantasy producer quite yet in my mind. More importantly though, he's going to be going to a bad situation in Montreal in my eyes. There is absolutely no center depth, fantasy or real-life terms, for him to play with. So either he plays center, which is a position he has not stuck at in the NHL yet and may flop at for all we know, or he stays at wing and has absolutely nobody to play with at ES. In either case, I cannot imagine that turning out for him and, personally, I have more doubt in him succeeding as a center than I do faith that he'll be better at center. With Radulov, you know he'll be playing in the Dallas top six, which means Spezza at the worst and Seguin/Benn at the best with guys likes Klingberg/Honka on the back-end. I think he'll outproduce Drouin for these reasons.

This is all with the caveat that, due to the age disparity, Drouin might be the better choice if it's hard to find youth in your league or you don't have a minors team.