Thread: Draisaitl: would you go after him in a salary cap league?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Draisaitl: would you go after him in a salary cap league?

Now with a 8.5M AAV, would you go after him for the league in sig?

If so, what should I offer for him?

Thanks!

Rep for you.
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Draisaitl: would you go after him in a salary cap league?

In one league, the previous Draisaitl owner gave him to me for Ryan Strome. He needed the cap space and I guess he really believes in Strome. I'm over the cap now but I'm happy to drop a couple of players if I can't trade them.

$8.5M is a bit high in fantasy hockey but it's not horrible. I recommend acquiring him if you can get him cheaply but don't pay too much.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    In one league, the previous Draisaitl owner gave him to me for Ryan Strome. He needed the cap space and I guess he really believes in Strome. I'm over the cap now but I'm happy to drop a couple of players if I can't trade them.

$8.5M is a bit high in fantasy hockey but it's not horrible. I recommend acquiring him if you can get him cheaply but don't pay too much.
    From my roster in sig, with whom you would start for a deal? Skinner? Oshie?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hi there

i just recently acquired drasaitl in my 16 team h2h multi cat league (no face off cats). I traded little, Tippett, aberg, and a 3rd Rd pick next year for drasaitl. Also our cap is 80 mil

I assume you get 2 bench spots so my answer is yes I'd pursue drasaitl if I were you. Drasaitl should be a 85 pt+ player moving forward and those don't grow on trees. Drasaitl caphit may seem a bit high but as the seguins, atkinsons and patiorettys of the world have expiring contracts in the next 2 years, drasaitl caphit in 2 years will be much more favourable. I'd probably try oshie or skinner plus a sergaychev. Sergaychev hasn't proved anything regardless of the hype and he's Russian so he will want top dollar or khl. Oshie and sergaychev for drasaitl would be my initial offer and u can always add in a pick or decent prospect as negotiations continue.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    From my roster in sig, with whom you would start for a deal? Skinner? Oshie?
    With just 11 teams and a $75M salary cap, I wouldn't offer much more than Skinner or Oshie. I'd try Oshie first because I'd rather keep Skinner.

You could also offer someone like Sergachev if the other owner needs to shed salary. You could drop a guy like Perry, Thornton, Spezza or Stepan to create cap space if needed because they're all a bit overpaid in points-only.

At the end of the day, if you need to, you could offer Oshie/Skinner and Sergachev as Pippin suggested. It would still improve your team IMO.

Dobber Sports Ace

Another thought: Offer Tavares. Their production will be a wash, but Tavares will certainly be making more than 8.5 million on his next contract. Yes, it would be better to get Draisaitl for an Oshie or Skinner, but if I'm the Draisaitl owner and either of those guys were being offered, it would be an instant decline with no courtesy of a follow up explanation.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    Another thought: Offer Tavares. Their production will be a wash, but Tavares will certainly be making more than 8.5 million on his next contract. Yes, it would be better to get Draisaitl for an Oshie or Skinner, but if I'm the Draisaitl owner and either of those guys were being offered, it would be an instant decline with no courtesy of a follow up explanation.
    This is actually a good idea.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

It all depends on the owner and how much they value Draisaitl and how much stock they put in his projections (I put him on 70 ish points). For example, here's an offer I made in my league (league details and my team in sig) that the GM rejected after a day of thought:

My Panarin, Barrie, C. Miller (Vegas) & Thornton (a player for him to drop since we need to drop 7 players)
    For his Draisatl, Little, R. Murphy (Minnesota) and his 2nd round pick (the 17th pick)

Basically he told me that he only sees Panarin as a 60 point player, which I think is silly considering he's on back to back 70 point seasons.
    11 team keeper league with salary cap (points only)

MY TEAM (start 13F, 6D, 1G):
    FWDS: N. Kucherov, S. Stamkos, R. O’Reilly, J. Hughes, W. Karlsson, P. Kessel, B. Point, F. Vatrano, E. Pettersen, R. Rakell, C. Keller, N. Niederreiter, K. Labanc

DEF: J. Trouba, J. Morrissey, T. Krug, F. Hronek, S. Jones, D. Nurse
    GOALIE: A. Vasilevskiy
    BENCH: V. Mete, S. Niku, R. Andersson, T. Hirose, C. Glass, T. Jurco, C. McElhinney
    NOTES: We can only send players down if they get injured, otherwise they pass through waivers and we lose them for nothing + we have to pay half their cap.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thx !
    16 team h2h fantrax league
    84.5 million team cap
    each category is a win/loss in the weekly matchup
    Skaters: goals/assists/shots/plus minus/hits/blocks/special team Goalies: Wins/save %/shutouts

Roster set up:
    3 center/3 RW/3LW/3 forward/6 D/2 Goalies
    with a 5 man bench for a total 25 man roster all count against the cap

Center: Necas, Kuznetsov, L.Couture, Hischier, Kuraly
    RW: Palmeiri, Simmonds, Silfveberg, Donato, Granlund
    LW: Benn, Lee, Bjork, Milano, Aho, Lindblom
    Goalies: Holtby, Markstrom
    Defence: Josi, C.Miller, Klingberg, Pateryn, Pulock, Edmundson, Mcnabb

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I added all my league info to my sig
    16 team h2h fantrax league
    84.5 million team cap
    each category is a win/loss in the weekly matchup
    Skaters: goals/assists/shots/plus minus/hits/blocks/special team Goalies: Wins/save %/shutouts

Roster set up:
    3 center/3 RW/3LW/3 forward/6 D/2 Goalies
    with a 5 man bench for a total 25 man roster all count against the cap

Center: Necas, Kuznetsov, L.Couture, Hischier, Kuraly
    RW: Palmeiri, Simmonds, Silfveberg, Donato, Granlund
    LW: Benn, Lee, Bjork, Milano, Aho, Lindblom
    Goalies: Holtby, Markstrom
    Defence: Josi, C.Miller, Klingberg, Pateryn, Pulock, Edmundson, Mcnabb