Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Terrorist attack in Barcelona

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Terrorist attack in Barcelona

F@#%ing horrible! 2 people were arrested. Lets hope their families won't recognize these cowards tomorrow.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Awesome. Leaders will all condemn this and yet again nothing, absolutely nothing will be done to try to prevent this sort of thing from happening over and over again. I get that there is no right or easy answer on how to fix this, but just doing nothing doesn't seem like a good strategy either. Peace and love isn't winning. Too many humans are garbage. Most people just want to peacefully live their lives, yet a very small number have violent agendas to force you to live the way they believe is the "right" or only way to live.

Where is world terrorism on the agenda at the U.N.? They are too busy condemning Canada for our human rights abuses with nary a word about the Chinese or Saudi Arabia or Iran or Afghanistan, etc.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    bottom line is we live in a world with a lot of messed up people. why can't everyone just get along, live in peace and go about your life without harming people. stuff like this is just sickening to hear about.
    I agree with you.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    bottom line is we live in a world with a lot of messed up people. why can't everyone just get along, live in peace and go about your life without harming people. stuff like this is just sickening to hear about.
    Yes it's sickening but it doesn't look like it will ever slow down. These Islamic extremists/radicals have absolutely no interest in any kind of peaceful co-existence with anyone (including in the Middle East), and need to be wiped off the face of the earth. There's no rehabilitating or educating them. They see happiness and co-existence, affluence, justice and educational systems in western cultures and they want to destroy it wherever it exists.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Yes it's sickening but it doesn't look like it will ever slow down. These Islamic extremists/radicals have absolutely no interest in any kind of peaceful co-existence with anyone (including in the Middle East), and need to be wiped off the face of the earth. There's no rehabilitating or educating them. They see happiness and co-existence, affluence, justice and educational systems in western cultures and they want to destroy it wherever it exists.
    Exactly. But what will it take? Does anyone know the answer to this because I find hard to believe that we can't get rid of these murderes once and for all? I'm pretty sure the Nazi's were a little bit stronger than these bullies and it didn't take long to stop them once everyone woke up. What kind of a wake up call do we need this time because I believe that time has come.

Edit. Oh wait. I just remembered. Trump said he was going to bomb the shit out of them.

Dobber Sports Deity

Now there's a mass knife attack in Finland this morning. Crazy madness.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/18/europe...002AMStoryLink
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Edit. Oh wait. I just remembered. Trump said he was going to bomb the shit out of them.
    Very much the proto-typical Trump notion: Flashy proposed action which will do pretty much nothing to address the issue.

The people who trot out the 'let's indiscriminately kill some muslims so that innocent people don't die' are some of my favourites.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Star

It was only a matter of time until this thread inevitably became about Trump somehow...