Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Islanders Tending

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Islanders Tending

Quote Originally Posted by Polecon View Post
    I'm interested to see the response to this, there are a lot of strong feelings across the board that haven't really substantiated. My view is that he's middling with good and bad deals on his record. Garth's not the best (Hi Mr Francis!), but I think horrible (Hi Mr Sakic!) is a bit hyperbolic. We'll see how the season progresses, but I think the new ownership and new coach could help surprise a few people
    It may or may not go down this way but I find when the isles get an unfavourable outlook from assorted hockey scribes before the season starts they come out swinging with a chip on shoulder mentality .The perfect storm may or may not be brewing lol.....

Dobber Sports Stud

I believe the Islanders are a slow motion train wreck

Every season its a broken record

Got to hand it to the hard core fans, because the stadium move has been cancer

I would avoid the Islanders tandem this season

The question this season will NOT be where does the team play, its where will JT play ?
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    I believe the Islanders are a slow motion train wreck

Every season its a broken record

Got to hand it to the hard core fans, because the stadium move has been cancer

I would avoid the Islanders tandem this season

The question this season will NOT be where does the team play, its where will JT play ?
    he wants to see the owners ''win'' the belmont request for proposals before committing from his recent comments .I'd imagine an isles centric state of the art new arena would be something he'd like to be part of ; uncertainty at barclays , not so much