Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Islanders Tending

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Islanders Tending

well....what's Garth gonna do this year? Why does this guy still have a job?

Halak? Greiss?

I'm guessing keep em both and let em battle for the #1 spot?

Opinions?

Administrator

Default Re: Islanders Tending

The answer is staring us in the face. It's going to be a Greiss/Halak tandem and it's going to be frustrating to own either of them.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Barring a trade, neither one probably will start more than 50 games.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Do whatever you can to get away from that tandem.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

I agree with above STAY AWAY if possible... This is going to be ugly all year for the team I think let alone the goalie tandem

Dobber Sports Genius

Halak and Greiss at 50/50 for starts....look elsewhere for your G if possible
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Pro

So negative guys....who am I kidding its a mess.
    I gotta figure out what to do with Halak, prolly drop him and see if I can re-draft a better goalie.
    If I owned Greiss instead I'd definitely keeper him and give him a chance, where as Halak has had so many chances already im sick of him.

Ya I thinking dumping Halak is a good plan. His numbers weren't horrible last year, but Griess should get the majority of starts in a time share.
    Pool #1: 10 Team Keeper League,

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G
    Protection: Any 22 + 2 prospects
    Result 19/20: 3rd

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov
    D: Rielly, Krug, E. Karlsson, S. Jones, D. Toews, Giordano, Severson, Dobson
    P: Podkholzin, Holtz, N. Robertson, Lundell, Lehtonen, Perunovich
    G (W2, OTL1, SO3, G, A): Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Mrazek, Talbot

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Pool #4: Dobber Campbell Pro 2020

Dobber Sports Stud

Your goalie question was properly answered in the previous posts. So regarding the real big question, how does Snow still have a job? The problem with the Isles has always started with ownership. They don't know what they're doing, so it makes sense that they keep their horrible GM.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    Your goalie question was properly answered in the previous posts. So regarding the real big question, how does Snow still have a job? The problem with the Isles has always started with ownership. They don't know what they're doing, so it makes sense that they keep their horrible GM.
    The finisher would be Tavares not re-signing................................. (I put as much dots as my desire for him to sign elsewhere)
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Stud

He's far from Horrible. He's done an admirable job (but not perfect) job of building a good, young, competitive team. The goalie situation mind you could use some work. The team is poised for the future.

With the simple fact that Charles Wang was his boss, he's performed admirably.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If it's not too late, and if you have farm spots.....quietly grab Soderstrom and Sorokin. Greiss/Halak will continue doing what they do for one more year.....and then one of Soderstrom/Sorokin will be given the chance to steal the keys to the Ferrari. My guess is Soderstrom.
    Hanson Bros Fantasy Hockey League
    12 Team Roto (25 player roster w/10 player farm), Goals, Assists, Pts, PPP, BS, Hits, PIM, GAA, Wins, SV%
    Yahoo Pool - 82 GP per spot. Full Keeper
    Reigning Champion - 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18
    F- MacKinnon, Kucherov, Schwartz, Boeser, Pastrnak, E.Kane, Rackell, Dvorak, Lee, Borgstrom, Connor, Johnsson
    D- Karlsson, Ristolainen, Hedman, Edler, Zadorov,
    G- Murray, Kinkaid
    Bench- Greenway, Saros, Jarry, Montour
    Farm: Gaudette, Patrick, Makar, Tolvanen, Hague, Kostin, Shesterkin, Sparks, Stuart Skinner, Colton Point

Dobber Sports Apprentice

There are a few people in the media that believe he has a 10 year contract. Much in the way a buyout for Yashin and Dipietro was painful, paying out the remaining years would be tough to swallow. Mind you it may not be true but if anybody has any contract info it would be interesting to see

Dobber Sports Master

The new majority owners spend to the cap & are more than likely going to be part of the money men behind a state of the art isles centric arena + ability to develop the available land at belmont .The RFP is due on sept 28th and if the state of new york makes a quick decision an arena can probably be ready for 2020-2021 season.I dont think they are bad guys at all , especially considering they paid 485 m for the team.

I want snow gone / replaced with XYZ but I kind of respect the new owners not being trigger happy like Pegula .You do realize they searched for / interviewed some high profile candidates to become team prez right ?I like that they are aiming high even if said high profile guys turned them down

back to the question from OP .

I think Halak plays 50+ , Greiss 30+ . When Halak has a rough outing Greiss is a really good calming influence on the team ''the next game''while Jaro rests his body and mind .I think Halak is the better skilled goalie of the two but Greiss has it together mentally and isnt easily rattled .When they sent down Halak last year and rode Greiss hard you can tell he wasnt up for the challenge physically so he's not going to start 65+ while Jaro collects splinters .

Quote Originally Posted by Chico Resch View Post
    He's far from Horrible. He's done an admirable job (but not perfect) job of building a good, young, competitive team. The goalie situation mind you could use some work. The team is poised for the future.

With the simple fact that Charles Wang was his boss, he's performed admirably.
    I'm interested to see the response to this, there are a lot of strong feelings across the board that haven't really substantiated. My view is that he's middling with good and bad deals on his record. Garth's not the best (Hi Mr Francis!), but I think horrible (Hi Mr Sakic!) is a bit hyperbolic. We'll see how the season progresses, but I think the new ownership and new coach could help surprise a few people
    Pool #1: 10 Team Keeper League,

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G
    Protection: Any 22 + 2 prospects
    Result 19/20: 3rd

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov
    D: Rielly, Krug, E. Karlsson, S. Jones, D. Toews, Giordano, Severson, Dobson
    P: Podkholzin, Holtz, N. Robertson, Lundell, Lehtonen, Perunovich
    G (W2, OTL1, SO3, G, A): Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Mrazek, Talbot

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Pool #4: Dobber Campbell Pro 2020