Thread: Do I have the Right Keepers? Banger league

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Do I have the Right Keepers? Banger league

Hey all,

For league in Sig (Banger league) I need to declare my ten keepers. Current list is:

Seguin
    Benn
    Pasta
    Nylander
    Simmonds
    Buff
    Josi
    Risto
    Bob
    Vas

This will leave about $20M to fill out roster in the draft. Can expect top 100 players to be kept. I won last year so will have last pick (10 overall).
    Am I keeping the right players? Having a tough time letting B.Schenn go, but I can't see who to take out of the ten above.

Thanks in advance!

Halifax Highanders

12-team, Keep 10, NHL cap/sal. H2H
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 4B
    G, A,, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK - W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Seguin, scheifele, Point
    LW: Benn, Forsberg,
    RW: Pastrnak, Simmonds Boeser
    D: Josi,
    G: Bobrovsky, Vasilevskiy,

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Do I have the Right Keepers? Banger league

Schenn and Trochek are the toughest drops. Ideally I think I would want to try and keep one over Nylander or Pastrnak. Pastrnak might be the one I shop around because he's a young goal scorer, but he's looking for money that Boston isn't willing to give, and he doesn't exactly fill all the categories like Schenn/Trochek.
    Could you move Schenn and Pastrnak for someone? Or can you trade guys for picks?

The other angle to consider is shopping/dropping Bob. I know this sounds drastic, but 8M for a goalie that rotates between being injured, being bad, and winning a vezina every third season or so is a lot of risk. It might be worth picking up another starter later in the draft like Darling, Elliott, Smith etc.
    That also gives you the freedom to keep 1 more forward, and have one obvious area to spend one of your first few picks on, depending how the draft goes.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd keep Kuznetsov over Risto....think it's easier to redraft a D...
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    I'd keep Kuznetsov over Risto....think it's easier to redraft a D...
    Definitely not with this league set up, and especially not with it being a cap league. Risto is a BEAST in both regards.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Newbie

Thanks for the reply Eskimo Brother. Some good insights there. I have thrown around the idea (in my head) of shopping Bob but been a bit hesitant about entering the draft with only Vas. Draft picks can be traded so I might take a shot at moving Bob to move up in the draft. Packaging Pasta is also an interesting play, with Draisatl's contract I wonder how high Pasta goes.

Thank again for the input. Got some work to do now!

Halifax Highanders

12-team, Keep 10, NHL cap/sal. H2H
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 4B
    G, A,, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK - W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Seguin, scheifele, Point
    LW: Benn, Forsberg,
    RW: Pastrnak, Simmonds Boeser
    D: Josi,
    G: Bobrovsky, Vasilevskiy,

Dobber Sports Titan

That's where I would be looking anyways. Have a few discussions with your other managers and get a sense of what might be the best road to proceed with.