Raanta
    Korpisalo
    Saros
    Forsberg

opinions are appreciated

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Thoughts on my team in a 16 team cap league

Welcome to the boards!

I've found the more info you give, the better the feedback you get. A few questions. Is your league H2H or points based? Start one goalie or two? How big is the active roster to bench ratio?

What jumps out at me right away is you're very strong up front but weak on D andin goal. It might be wise to shop a big contract like Ovi or Benn if you can get somone to overpay to stregthen those weaknesses.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Genius

You need to upgrade your D and Goalies...try to package some fwds and picks to get a real #2 D and a better Goalie....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Titan

In a 16 team league, you need at least one solid starter. You have a starter in Raanta, but he's not guaranteed anything. That being said, by far the bigger need is on defence. I don't see any obvious bad contracts to be dumping, so you will have to get creative with who you move out.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

After I saw your forwards I was ready to anoint you the likely champ. Then I saw the rest. In a 16 team league with over 500 players owned you probably won't be in line for much help on the waiver wire, so you'll need to get creative in making trades. Start with Marchessault - he's likely going to falter big time in Vegas. Then do your best to sell high or buy low. Hopefully you can make slow and steady progress, but it might come down to trading Ovi or Burns at some point if you want to seriously improve.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for feed back. It is head to head, each category win in the weekly matchup is a win. Also 2 goalie starts

id like to mention I have been in the finals all 3 years in this league, all with completely different teams. I understand my goaltending and defence are weak but I have found with no GAA in our league, goaltending isn't as important then what it would be in other leagues. I also have saros and forsberg to move up and down to and from minors to cover starts. My defence may seem weak but they comprise of cheap d men who can chip in. With only 80 mil to work with whatever dollars I allocate to d men, it takes away from my forwards which I feel is necessary to have a great offence. Nonetheless, thx for the feed back, cheers

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Btw the line up is 3 Center/3 LW/3 RW/3 forwards, 6 d man and 2 goalies. Bench is 5 players that count against the cap for a total team of 25 players. 25 man minors deep can be stored in minors up to 43 gp and moved up and down minors to main team and vice versa u til the 43 gp threshold.

Dobber Sports Titan

You know your league better than us, and what you are saying does have some weight to it.
    Just because you're going inexpensive on D doesn't have to mean lesser. Some of the guys you have don't produce much at all. I would try and just get big hits/blks guys as they are cheaper for you. Take a risk that someone like Polak re-signs, and look for a couple others like that to replace Claesson and whoever else.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If I were you I would try and trade Benn or Ovi for a defender and some cap relief or perhaps two defenders.
    FANTRAX SALARY CAP LEAGUE
    $75m Cap League / 12 Teams / 18 Keepers
    20min - 25max man roster / 5 Minor bench
    G, A, STP, FOW, Takeaways, Hits, BLKS, PIM, SOG,
    W, SV%, Saves

C: Backstrom, MacKinnon, Backlund, Jost, Barzal, Zetterberg, Trocheck

W; Ehlers, Bjorkstrand, Hayden, Haley, Pacioretty, Boeser, Kreider, Riley Nash

D: Gudas, OEL, Ristolainen, Chychrun, Nurse, McAvoy Sergachev

G: Dubnyk, Stalock, Smith,
    Minor bench: Demko, Samsonov, White, Steel, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Truth be told, I just traded for ovie , I traded hedman for ovie. Hedman had a fantastic year but I doubt he repeats, ovie is a fantasy stud and outproduces hedman overall

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This is a prime example of why posting more info is the best way to go. Every format changes player and roster outlooks drastically. I also have went very light in goal for the team in my sig. I won as well. Balancing risk/reward is the best part of fantasy hockey. As EB said "You know the league better than us".

You are basically punting the 3 goalie stats (2 1/2 really as shutouts are usually a wash in H2H) for the 7 skater cats and depending on your minors as an extended bench. With Korpi gamed out of minors and being a backup for the foreseeable future, I'd see what I could get for him. I'd also be shopping benn for a solid 60pt F and a decent D upgrade. After you do some of the math, I'm sure you could get an upgrade from benn/crappy D to 60ptF/D upgrade. Probably get some cap relief as well. Always worth the look.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey