Thread: Wheeler for Tavares

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Wheeler for Tavares

I've been offered Tavares for my Wheeler.

I feel like I should accept but I'm a big Wheeler fan and it would weaken my RW's.

Thoughts?
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Wheeler for Tavares

I would look at expanding it into a 2-for-2 that brings you a RW back. Your 4Cs are quite solid and while Tavares is a great get its not helping you if one of your Cs is riding the bench. Honestly RW is not a deep pos for you at all and this deal--while great in getting JT--could also make an issue for you. So maybe there is a way to build it out and make sure you arent blowing a big hole in your lineup.

The Great One

If you have a win-now team, I'd stick with wheeler. (Unless you think you can flip JT for a younger or better version of Wheeler). But those kinda players don't grow on trees.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I would look at expanding it into a 2-for-2 that brings you a RW back. Your 4Cs are quite solid and while Tavares is a great get its not helping you if one of your Cs is riding the bench. Honestly RW is not a deep pos for you at all and this deal--while great in getting JT--could also make an issue for you. So maybe there is a way to build it out and make sure you arent blowing a big hole in your lineup.
    +1 to this, giving up Wheeler compromises your RW position unless you can get one back. Tavares has the potential to outperform Wheeler but not by enough to justify this trade given your roster
    12 Team H2H

Skater Cats: G, A, P, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK

Goalie Cats: W, GAA, SV%

3 C, 3 RW, 3 LW, 5 D, 4 BN, 2 G

The Great One

Both of the first two responses are superb - nothing more needs to be said IMO
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks guys - appreciate the help!

Drouin is the only RW eligible player he has and I doubt he's available. I'll inquire but otherwise I'll stand pat.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Genius

In that setup, Wheeler > Tavares
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).