Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [RE-SIGNING] Draisaitl in EDM

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: [RE-SIGNING] Draisaitl in EDM

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Draisaitl isn't Malkin though......
    @rataylor

What would you have offered him if you were GMPC?
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Prodigy

No kidding. Malkin has a 9.5 AAV
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/signa...gpic2298_1.gif

FSC is always looking for dedicated dynasty league managers. We run 8 standard dynasty leagues (18/23 kept) - see available here https://fantasysportscoalition.wordpress.com/ and 1 contract dynasty ( players earn salaries on contracts ranging from 1-4 years) https://fantasysportscoalition.wordp...ague-waitlist/

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    @rataylor

What would you have offered him if you were GMPC?
    The same as Monahan, Gaudreau, Mackinnon, Schiefele, Panarin, Forsberg, Barkov. Tarasenko at the highest end. Ya know, his contemporaries.

Dobber Sports Deity

The same as Monahan, Gaudreau, Mackinnon, Schiefele, Panarin, Forsberg, Barkov. Tarasenko at the highest end. Ya know, his contemporaries.
    The only guy on that list I'd compare him to is Scheifele because both are centers who have exceeded expectations early in their careers.

That being said, Scheifele signed his contract coming off a 61 pt season where as Draisaitl is signing his coming off his 77 pt season. I can only imagine that had Scheifele been a free agent this year, coming off his 82 pt season, what he would have got for a contract. What a difference a year makes. I have a feeling that next summer someone else could be due for a huge raise after a stellar season as well.

This off season we saw two big RFA centers sign; Draisaitl and RyJo. I know who I'd rather have for their respective contracts/term. Draisaitl.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Not yet, but he just might be something close enough very soon.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

Would have loved to see him come in under 8. The Kuznetsov deal at 7.8 was what I was optimistically hoping for. But oh well, at least hes locked in.
    Us Oilers fans would be wise to not get too emotionally attached to many of our depth players(Maroon/Caggiula/Slepyshev/Strome etc....), anyone who earns a raise will likely have to go elsewhere to get it. RNH's days are numbered too I think(not immediately, but next summer)
    Its worth it to have these 2 C's tho.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The only guy on that list I'd compare him to is Scheifele because both are centers who have exceeded expectations early in their careers.

That being said, Scheifele signed his contract coming off a 61 pt season where as Draisaitl is signing his coming off his 77 pt season. I can only imagine that had Scheifele been a free agent this year, coming off his 82 pt season, what he would have got for a contract. What a difference a year makes. I have a feeling that next summer someone else could be due for a huge raise after a stellar season as well.

This off season we saw two big RFA centers sign; Draisaitl and RyJo. I know who I'd rather have for their respective contracts/term. Draisaitl.
    Draisaitl exceeded expectations as a center? Huh. I seem to remember him struggling at center all season but racking up a lot of points playing RW with McDavid, and then having a pretty good 13 games in the playoffs that curiously correlated with a 108 PDO. But ya know. Semantics I guess.

In fact all of those players have blown Draisaitl out of the water at playing the position of center ice and all were more productive and consistent over the course of their ELCs than Draisaitl was, and you know didn't have to feed cheap points off of playing with the second best player in the NHL.

Also comparing his contract to another overpaid center, and also a guy coming off a bridge deal who's proven he can perform at a top line C level for an extended period of time doesn't hold much weight for me.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Would have loved to see him come in under 8. The Kuznetsov deal at 7.8 was what I was optimistically hoping for. But oh well, at least hes locked in.
    Us Oilers fans would be wise to not get too emotionally attached to many of our depth players(Maroon/Caggiula/Slepyshev/Strome etc....), anyone who earns a raise will likely have to go elsewhere to get it. RNH's days are numbered too I think(not immediately, but next summer)
    Its worth it to have these 2 C's tho.
    This is exactly what I was getting at when I said the Pittsburgh model...2 great C's, some strong supporting players and a bunch of plug and plays. Just missing the Kris Letang piece, which is huge, but they Pens won the Cup without him playing in a single playoff contest, so there is still hope!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Not yet, but he just might be something close enough very soon.
    Very soon he might be a consistent top 5 player in the NHL and one of the very best players of his generation? I don't see that happening no.

Dobber Sports Deity

Draisaitl exceeded expectations as a center? Huh. I seem to remember him struggling at center all season but racking up a lot of points playing RW with McDavid, and then having a pretty good 13 games in the playoffs that curiously correlated with a 108 PDO. But ya know. Semantics I guess.

In fact all of those players have blown Draisaitl out of the water at playing the position of center ice and all were more productive and consistent over the course of their ELCs than Draisaitl was, and you know didn't have to feed cheap points off of playing with the second best player in the NHL.

Also comparing his contract to another overpaid center, and also a guy coming off a bridge deal who's proven he can perform at a top line C level for an extended period of time doesn't hold much weight for me.
    You need to watch more Oilers games before running your mouth. If you actually watched the Oilers games, you would have seen Draisaitl taking the draws for McDavid on the top line and then sliding to the wing after the draw was taken because McDavid is weaker on the draws. He didn't struggle as a center as much as you think.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

You need to watch more Oilers games before running your mouth. If you actually watched the Oilers games, you would have seen Draisaitl taking the draws for McDavid on the top line and then sliding to the wing after the draw was taken because McDavid is weaker on the draws. He didn't struggle as a center as much as you think.
    He did, or he would have been able to carry his own line more effectively than he did, which he failed at for most of the season. Taking draws is a small part of playing center which actually has little impact on the rest of the game, which has been proven time and again.

Fortunately, a pro-Oilers blog covered this for us https://oilersnation.com/2017/07/04/...eon-draisaitl/

Dobber Sports Deity

Ya, losing those draws in the offensive zone really has little impact on the game.

Again, stick to watching the Flames. You seem to know more about them.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Very soon he might be a consistent top 5 player in the NHL and one of the very best players of his generation? I don't see that happening no.
    Sure, why couldn't he become one of the very best players of his generation? Draisaitl finished 8th in the NHL in scoring as a 21 year old. Did Malkin ever play with Crosby or has he always centered his own line?

https://oilersnation.com/2017/07/11/...by-and-malkin/

And fortunately we have another one here, showing Draisaitl has not effectively been able to play center and carry his line so far in his career, IE has performed worse than all of those other centers listed, also showing he relies on players like Taylor Hall and Connor McDavid to drive lines because so far he cannot.

But hey, I love the cap problems of paying a player for what he's not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Sure, why couldn't he become one of the very best players of his generation? Draisaitl finished 8th in the NHL in scoring as a 21 year old. Did Malkin ever play with Crosby or has he always centered his own line?
    He's always centered his own line lol. Again, see link.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya, losing those draws in the offensive zone really has little impact on the game.

Again, stick to watching the Flames. You seem to know more about them.
    I mean. It does. There's multiple articles on the fact that draws mean very little to a hockey game. Lol

https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.timein...f%3fsource=dam

Here. Since you're too lazy and uninformed to do your own research.