Thread: Christian Djoos

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Christian Djoos

What do you think of him for this year? Any chance of sticking on the team? What kind of points? Is 15 points a safe bet?
    16 Team H2H | Keeper with Salary Cap (81.5 mil, cap hit)
    6F | 4D | 1 UTIL | 1 G | 7 bench

G A SOG PPA PPG PIM HIT BLK
    W SA SV%

F: Barkov, Lindholm, Evander Kane, Marchessault, Horvat, Bjorkstrand, Toffoli, Beauvillier, Hagel, Jost, Jaskin
    D: Petry, Muzzin, Morrissey, Zadorov, Walker, Lyubushkin
    G: Binnington, Husso

Administrator

Default Re: Christian Djoos

He has a chance of sticking but I don't see any short-term upside. 20 points at best, probably closer to 15 if he plays the full year. The talent is there but the Caps have highly-paid guys ahead of him.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    He has a chance of sticking but I don't see any short-term upside. 20 points at best, probably closer to 15 if he plays the full year. The talent is there but the Caps have highly-paid guys ahead of him.
    And the caps are in must-win-now mode so there will not be patience for his development with the caps. I think he is sent down to develop while caps try to win

Administrator

If anything I think he'll mirror Schmidt who would have finished around 20 points over 82 games.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

According to CapFriendly, Djoos is not waiver exempt anymore, so he probably has a good chance to stay up the entire season. But it's a different question if he'll play all the games or even most of them. As others have said, Caps can't be patient with their youngsters at this point. If he's making costly mistakes or not helping the team win, he's going to sit a lot.

But I only count 4 guys who are ahead of Djoos at this point, and one of those guys is Orpik who is pretty bad, so his chances of getting regular ice-time looks pretty good right now.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Ah, the non-waiver exempt status is a good point.

I had expected he would be good for multicat with a nice amount of both hits/blocks if he plays. If he can get 15-20 points he might be worth a shot.
    16 Team H2H | Keeper with Salary Cap (81.5 mil, cap hit)
    6F | 4D | 1 UTIL | 1 G | 7 bench

G A SOG PPA PPG PIM HIT BLK
    W SA SV%

F: Barkov, Lindholm, Evander Kane, Marchessault, Horvat, Bjorkstrand, Toffoli, Beauvillier, Hagel, Jost, Jaskin
    D: Petry, Muzzin, Morrissey, Zadorov, Walker, Lyubushkin
    G: Binnington, Husso