Thread: Switching to H2H - 1 Win...need strategy help!!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Switching to H2H - 1 Win...need strategy help!!

Hey everyone. Apologies in advance, this is likely posted in wrong sub group but I couldn't find a place that was appropriate.

Im in a 12 team, keep any 6 league that is switching from H2H 1 win per stat category to H2H 1 win per week.

We are switching after 7 years of 1 win per stat category so the regular season falls in line with the 1 win per week format of the playoffs.

I'm totally new to this format. Anyone here have some experience with this type of set up that could offer some tips/strategies/things to watch out for etc. any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    12 Team Dynasty. 26 man Roster. 15 Farm

G, A, P, PIM, PPG, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, Takeaways

Wins, GAA, SV%, Saves

3LW 3C 3RW 6D 2Util 2G

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Switching to H2H - 1 Win...need strategy help!!

How many categories you're losing matters a lot less now. You just have to pick 60% of the categories and absolutely dominate in them. I would jut punt goalies, and go for skaters. You could win a couple weeks with some lucky GAA/Sv% starts from backups, but you don't even need to if you're winning G, P, PPG, PPP, PIMs, Sog, Hits, Blocks
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Switching to H2H - 1 Win...need strategy help!!

Let's get this straight first and foremost. There are three things going on here:

1.) Scoring (G, A, P, PPG, PPP, SOG)
    2.) Grit (PIM, HIt, BLK)
    3.) Goaltending (Wins, GAA, SV%, Saves)

- You have to win 7.5 of the 14 CATS each week. You don't need to win all 14 CATS.
    - With those goalie CATS you want to try to push each week and win 2 of them. If you win more than 2 then all the better.
    - If you can tie the goalie stats (either out 'save' the other GM and hope it turns into wins or go with a top end goalie - see:Holtby- and take down the GAA & SV%) then you need to win 5.5 of the skater CATS.
    - You need to go all out on SOG and PPP and hope the rest falls in to place. These are the drivers for the scoring CATS
    - You don't need F that hit. You need them to shoot and skate on the PP.
    - If this was me I would focus on Dmen that get BLOCKS and PIMS. You are going to need a few Dmen that PIM and BLOCK (the HITS will come along with the PIMS, usually).
    - Sure, a Karlsson/Burns/Hedman is awesome to have, but once the top tier and second tier guys are drafted skip over the 35 point D and get a draft guys that help you win 2/3 of the grit stats. (IE 2016/17 - Phaneuf/Gudas/Cole)
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"