Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sorokin, Shesterkin, Samsonov or Soderstrom

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Sorokin, Shesterkin, Samsonov or Soderstrom

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont watch KHL hockey by any means, but I do remember reading something last week online about them worrying about his progression when he's barely facing any shots.
    I don't watch any KHL either. I just try follow people who seem like they know what they're talking about.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Sorokin, Shesterkin, Samsonov or Soderstrom

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I asked about Shestyorkin receiving the easier assignments and was told that it is not apparent and that it's a rotation. This guy follows Russian hockey closely. Whatever the case might be, I am happy I picked up Shestyorkin as a free agent last June.
    You have to remember that there are only a few good teams in the KHL that have any business of even playing on the same league with SKA, so it's not like the NHL where you would only get to play 10 games per season if you only face easier opponents. I know it's a rotation but Koskinen is still the goalie they trust when things get tough. That could change suddenly but in the first game of the season against their toughest opponent, it was once again Koskinen guarding the net.

I'm not saying Shestyorkin is bad by any means, he just hasn't done anything to be above Sorokin right now. I have no idea which one will end up being better long-term goalie but Sorokin has been the better goalie so far, and they're both the same age ('95) and both have a KHL contract until the summer of 2020, so I see no reason why Shestyorkin should be ranked above Sorokin. I know Shestyorkin's numbers are better but that's not the truth between these two.