Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trade Away Michael Thomas?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Trade Away Michael Thomas?

Yea. Know your league. I personally think you lost both trades, but if you're happy with it that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Yea. Know your league. I personally think you lost both trades, but if you're happy with it that's all that matters.
    Agreed. On both counts.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Agreed. On both counts.
    Interesting.

In a vaccuum, I understand the thinking on me losing the Thomas for picks side. But it's hard for me to see how I lost on the Ware for Baldwin side.

He's often not treated like it, but the fact is that Baldwin's been a top 10 WR each of the last two seasons, regardless of format if I recall correctly. He's the clear WR1 on his team. He's always ranked far ahead of Ware in seasonal formats, dynasty formats, PPR formats, standard formats, you name it. He ain't flashy, but he's a WR1 in fantasy.

And looking at this outside the vaccuum, I think my team is far better (and ultimately, will be deeper) short and long term with Fournette/Mixon rather than Ware as my RB2, even though it means my WR2/3 is Baldwin (or Robinson or Martavis) instead of Thomas.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Simple. Football is a week to week game, not an aggregate one. Baldwin doesn't offer week to week consistency and has finished as a WR1 based on a lot of touchdowns and hyper efficiency, neither of which are necessarily repeatable skills. If you look from a pure "draft" perspective, Baldwin and Ware are being drafted around the same time. If RBs are so valuable, you didn't maximize Ware. And with MT, again he's being drafted well ahead of Fournette and Mixon, so you didn't really maximize him either. On aggregate, it's fine, but I believe you lost both trades. My opinion.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well, the ADPs of Thomas, Fournette and Baldwin are a bit closer than you're suggesting. Ware lags behind. As does Mixon at the moment.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/adp/ppr-overall.php

The thing is, I suspect Ware loses value (perhaps a very significant amount) as the season progresses, and going forward into the future. If that happens, my team was in deep do do as it was.

Plus I now have the extra high second rounder to play with.

We'll see. It's not bullet proof. But I do like it overall.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith