Thread: Comish Dynasty - Looking for one new owner

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Comish Dynasty - Looking for one new owner

Guys, we?re looking to replace the owner that was relegated out of the league (because that's what we do, see below). Here are the details of this free league:

24 team roto dynasty league in Fantrax with 8 teams per tier. Bottom team in Tier 1 is demoted to Tier 2. Top team in Tier 2 is promoted to top tier, while bottom team in Tier 2 drops to Tier 3. Tier 3 winner is promoted to Tier 2 and the owner of the last place team in Tier 3 is replaced every year (owner given 1 year exemption from relegation). Started as a 30 team, three tier league back in 2008.

If you need babysitting, this league isn't for you. Worried about tanking? Don't even think about it in this league because the worse you do, the worse your draft position is and string a couple of weak seasons together and you could end up relegated out of the league entirely. The draft order is a little complicated and a lot unorthodox; the new owner of the relegated team is given the first overall pick, followed by the winners of Tiers 3, 2 and 1 respectively. The playoffs will determine the next 12 picks in order of finish with the winner picking 5th overall. The remainder fill in the lower part of the draft. Ruthless, yes, but if you want a high draft pick, make some deals or smart pick ups, max out your GP and finish as high as you possibly can.

Performance based salary cap based on a 3 year decreasing "what have you done for me lately" fancy formula (50% from last season, 35% from the year before and 15% from the year before that) that was created by one of our forum members (Chinny) that is valuing players numbers in each category and it comes up with a value from $5-$200.

11 Categories: G, A, +/-, PiM, SOG, Special Teams Points, Hits, Blocked Shots, Wins, GAA, Saves

Rosters: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G (19 active roster spots, 82 gp max per) and 16 more spots for you to fill with NHL players or prospects, your choice how you do it. 5 IR spots. 35 player max, keep 32 after playoffs are done. 3 round draft.

Here?s the relegated team:

C KADRI TOR
    C/L JARNKROK NSH
    C/L NAMESTNIKOV TB
    C/L SCHMALTZ,N CHI
    C/L COPP WPG
    C JOSEFSON BUF
    C/L DICKINSON DAL

L SKINNER CAR
    C/L DANAULT MTL
    C/L FABBRI STL
    L FOLIGNO,M MIN
    C/L SMITH,GE DAL
    L/R BAILEY,JU BUF
    L PAUL,N OTT
    L KHOKHLACHEV BOS

C/R COYLE,C MIN
    R GIONTA,B BUF
    L/R STAFFORD,D BOS
    C/R BJUGSTAD FLA
    L/R DESLAURIERS,N BUF
    R DEBRINCAT CHI
    R GURIANOV DAL

D GOLIGOSKI ARZ
    D BRODIN MIN
    D DE HAAN NYI
    D MCCABE,J BUF
    D WIDEMAN,C OTT
    D SBISA VGK
    D DILLON SJ
    D FLEURY,H CAR

G HALAK NYI
    G ENROTH ANA

Not a bad team and with a bit of love I'm sure and it start competing again!

If you're interested in this deep, but very fun league with many long-time dobberhockey forum users, reply in this thread or send me a PM with your interest or questions.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Comish Dynasty - Looking for one new owner

Interesting stuff you've done there with establishing picking order. I must say I've looked at implementing similar ideas in my own pools.
    In your format, is trading allowed across tiers? (ie. can a top tier team trade with a bottom tier team?)
    Is this a money pool?
    I was slightly interested in putting in to take on your relegated team......until I saw the team ...........easy to see how that team was the worst of the worst last season.
    Even having the 1st overall pick this season isn't that attractive (Patrick/Hischier not expected to be as impactful as previous top draft candidates)
    Someone will have a project on their hands, that's for sure!
    Hanson Bros Fantasy Hockey League
    12 Team Roto (25 player roster w/10 player farm), Goals, Assists, Pts, PPP, BS, Hits, PIM, GAA, Wins, SV%
    Yahoo Pool - 82 GP per spot. Full Keeper
    Reigning Champion - 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18
    F- MacKinnon, Kucherov, Schwartz, Boeser, Pastrnak, E.Kane, Rackell, Dvorak, Lee, Borgstrom, Connor, Johnsson
    D- Karlsson, Ristolainen, Hedman, Edler, Zadorov,
    G- Murray, Kinkaid
    Bench- Greenway, Saros, Jarry, Montour
    Farm: Gaudette, Patrick, Makar, Tolvanen, Hague, Kostin, Shesterkin, Sparks, Stuart Skinner, Colton Point

Dobber Sports Giant

Yes trading is allowed between tiers and no this isn't a money pool.

Like I said, I wouldn't say it's a bad team per say, it has just missed a bit of love and involvement from the owner over the past year or two. Also, injuries caused some problem for him last year. It's a project for sure, but I've seen worst projects before.

Dobber Sports Ninja

One way to improve the relegated team could be to parlay that first overall pick into some serious talent thanks to some teams having to shed talent due to the shrinking salary cap. Plus the new owner would be exempt from relegation for the following year.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Giant

Guys, we're still looking for a GM to take over this team. If you're looking for some challenge, but with a lots of fun, this league is for you!!!

Dobber Sports Giant

We found our new GM. Thanks!