Thread: Fournette or Ajayi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Fournette or Ajayi

I have the second overall pick in my keeper league... Looking at these 2 RBs.

Who would you take if your one season depended on it? Is the answer different when thinking about a keeper league? Standard scoring.

I have a feeling the guy choosing ahead of me might choose one of them, so my mind may be made up for me, but I would like to know if he ends up going WR.
    10 Team H2H Baseball- Cats

R, HR, RBI, BB, SB, AVG, XBH
    W, ERA, SV, K WHIP, QS

C: D. Jansen
    1B: P. Goldschmidt
    2B: J. Villar
    3B: E. Suarez
    SS: J. Peraza
    OF: M. Trout
    OF: G. Stanton
    OF: A. Benintendi
    UTIL: G. Springer
    UTIL: J. Gallo
    P: T. Bauer
    P: Z. Wheeler
    RP: T. Glasnow
    RP: K. Maeda
    P: G. Marquez
    P: L. Castillo
    P: S. Bieber
    P: C. McHugh

Bench: J. Profar, T. White, M. Smith, C. Martinez (SP), G. Holland

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Fournette or Ajayi

Seasonal, Ajayi. Keeper, Fournette.

Ajayi has a better situation this year. But he has bad knees. Even coming out of college, it was noted that he has a knee condition that is either already bone on bone, or almost there. Either way, the prevailing view is that it's only a matter of time until he's in bad shape.

Like Ajayi, Fournette will be the focal point. But my sense is that the Jags are another year or so away on offense (they need to bolster that o-line a bit and fish or cut bait woth Bortles depending on his progress this year). In addition, recent reports are that Fournette is now dealing with a foot injury. Don't really know what it is, and it's early enough that I'd expect him to be ready to go Week 1. But whatever it is, he isn't practicing this week and has been ruled out for the second preseason game to let it rest. The worrisome part for me is that those buggers can linger and/or flare up if rushed. So even though the work should be there, I'm a little more reserved about Fournette this season than I was last week.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post

Ajayi has a better situation this year. But he has bad knees. Even coming out of college, it was noted that he has a knee condition that is either already bone on bone, or almost there. Either way, the prevailing view is that it's only a matter of time until he's in bad shape.

Like Ajayi, Fournette will be the focal point. But my sense is that the Jags are another year or so away on offense (they need to bolster that o-line a bit and fish or cut bait woth Bortles depending on his progress this year). In addition, recent reports are that Fournette is now dealing with a foot injury. Don't really know what it is, and it's early enough that I'd expect him to be ready to go Week 1. But whatever it is, he isn't practicing this week and has been ruled out for the second preseason game to let it rest. The worrisome part for me is that those buggers can linger and/or flare up if rushed. So even though the work should be there, I'm a little more reserved about Fournette this season than I was last week.
    Yep I agree with this. The Tannehill news means they're reallllllllly going to focus on Ajayi now, and I think they can compete for a Wild Card

Ajayi's knee condition is degenerative in nature rather than an acute injury. They could last three years or three days. Splendid talent but the risk should be noted. If I own him in a dynasty league, I would flip him at the end of 2017-18 season for a very high 1st rounder (assuming he finishes top ten)

Fournette's foot injury that ruined his last college season is still bothering him and should be sending up major red flags for the short term.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post

Fournette's foot injury that ruined his last college season is still bothering him and should be sending up major red flags for the short term.
    For whatever it's worth, from CBS:

Fournette (foot) said his current injury is unrelated to the ankle issues he dealt with last season at LSU, Ryan O'Halloran of The Florida Times-Union reports. "I've never had a foot or toe injury or anything like that," Fournette said. "They've done a great job rehabbing a lot of us."
    Fournette's major injury last year was a high-ankle sprain, and while the current ailment is on the same side of his body, it's apparently much further down toward the toe/foot. He won't practice this week and has already been ruled out for a second straight preseason game, but he expressed confidence about being ready for Week 1, adding that his foot already feels much better than it did last week.
    Link to the cited article below

http://jacksonville.com/sports/jagua...e-ready-week-1
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Fournette for your keeper

I am much higher on Ajayi for this year though. My guess is Cutler get tired from throwing too much 1/3 to 1/2 way through the season. Then we start seeing those 200yd games from Ajayi

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post

I agree with the bolded part.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."