Thread: Value of Spooner

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Value of Spooner

Just wondering if I should keep Spooner, or try to trade him and cut bait. I'm 50/50. Part of me says he will never live up to his potential. The other half foresees a change of scenery in the future, and wonders if he pulls a Schultz. If i do trade him, what kind of return would you look for? A 1st round pick? A 2nd round pick? A prospect(of what caliber). Opinions appreciated. League in signature.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Value of Spooner

I own him and have already decided to drop him. Only way I'd change my mind is if he moves to a team with very bad depth at Center.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Administrator

I'd try to sell for the best offer or ideally package him to improve your roster somehow. In a league of your size I'd rather look for an ELC guy making under 1 million. The tweener producers like Spooner are so risky to keep.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I'd try to sell for the best offer or ideally package him to improve your roster somehow. In a league of your size I'd rather look for an ELC guy making under 1 million. The tweener producers like Spooner are so risky to keep.
    Agree...I'd rather have a ELC player than Spooner....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

The Great One

He might be worth a chance in non-cap leagues with PPPs, but with the cap coming into play you could definitely find better ways to spend your dollars.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I got two 2018 3rd round prospect picks for him. In the range of picks 41-60. Probably around picks 45-55. I guess it's better than nothing. Plus i freed up 2.85m in cap i guess. Maybe i can flip those two picks for a better pick or player. Or use them in a bigger trade in the future. I now have two 1st, two 2nd, four 3rd in the 2018 prospect draft. Hoping to flip them for higher picks possibly. If not, i will have a ton of new shiny prospects next year!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
    I got two 2018 3rd round prospect picks for him. In the range of picks 41-60. Probably around picks 45-55. I guess it's better than nothing. Plus i freed up 2.85m in cap i guess. Maybe i can flip those two picks for a better pick or player. Or use them in a bigger trade in the future. I now have two 1st, two 2nd, four 3rd in the 2018 prospect draft. Hoping to flip them for higher picks possibly. If not, i will have a ton of new shiny prospects next year!
    I am in a similar league. The Spooner owner can't even give him away. Getting anything for him is a win.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"