Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's sad statement on Monday.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Trump's sad statement on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Not true.

Trump can take credit for being in office while the economy surges............if you argue he hasn't done anything that's debatable and just pretty much playing devils advocate...or just hate Trump.
    I'm legitimately curious. What action and legislation has he passed that actually has benefited the economy? The US economy was on a massive, year-long upward swing before Trump ever took office. He hasn't done anything to enhance or continue it. The free market has, Trump has not.

The Great One

How are you measuring the economy?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    Because for the upteenth time in recent memory, this is one of the first things that pops up in a fantasy hockey forum. Just like people are told to stay on topic in here, I don't see how this topic has anything to do with fantasy hockey/sports etc.
    I come here to get away from politics and bickering etc to look at and get others perspectives on hockey/fantasy hockey etc. I understand it's controversial, but to me, that's not the purpose of this site.
    Is this the same thing as tweeting at people stick to sports? As I've said very frequently, the onus is on yourself to control your content, not others. If you don't want to see posts from the lounge, you can control that. If you don't want to see sports reporters tweeting about politics, you can control that. If you don't want to see posts made specifically by me or any other forum member, you can control that. The very important common denominator of all of that is "YOU". The onus isn't on other people to control your online content, it's on you. So stop requesting what topics people can and cannot post about. Take some responsibility on yourself and be an adult.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Is this the same thing as tweeting at people stick to sports? As I've said very frequently, the onus is on yourself to control your content, not others. If you don't want to see posts from the lounge, you can control that. If you don't want to see sports reporters tweeting about politics, you can control that. If you don't want to see posts made specifically by me or any other forum member, you can control that. The very important common denominator of all of that is "YOU". The onus isn't on other people to control your online content, it's on you. So stop requesting what topics people can and cannot post about. Take some responsibility on yourself and be an adult.
    Boom.

Dobber Sports Pro

I'll add that I like the fact that conversations like this take place on Dobber Forums because the discussion is generally much more well thought out and mature than it is in other media. Particularly Facebook comments (vomit).

Dobber Sports Pro

Because for the upteenth time in recent memory, this is one of the first things that pops up in a fantasy hockey forum. Just like people are told to stay on topic in here, I don't see how this topic has anything to do with fantasy hockey/sports etc.
    I come here to get away from politics and bickering etc to look at and get others perspectives on hockey/fantasy hockey etc. I understand it's controversial, but to me, that's not the purpose of this site.
    I don't think that really answered his question though... just don't click this thread? Nobody is forcing you. This section isn't for fantasy hockey, so if you navigated to this post you obviously got bored of the hockey sections since there's no hockey talk in August.

I guess I don't see the point of taking the time to join a discussion just for the sake of telling the people having it that they should talk about something else.

Dobber Sports Deity

With all due respect, no one forces you to click on the link that is in the Lounge. If the title starts with "Trump", simply don't click on it. You are more then welcome to continue to click on the hockey links that are there.

The Lounge is there for people to post anything that isn't involved with hockey. It is here for that very reason.

Edit - just saw that rstr basically posted the same thing as me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    This is implying far too much of the voting populace. The sad reality is that many that voted for him didn't know what they were voting for.
    He's a reality TV President -- folks tuned in for a moment or two, but never really did any research or though about the consequences of things might be. "Hilary for Prison" and "MAGA" were clever enough slogans, and unfortunately, the Democrats tried to win with logic and a platform. Folks didn't want to think -- they opted for "American Ninja Warrior" over a documentary film. Now we've got this.
    This narrative that all trump voters got duped and just weren't smart enough to vote democrat is so divisive and wrong-headed it has to be addressed. Even the most die hard Hillary supporters have to admit she ran a terrible lazy campaign centered around TV ads with celebrities telling you how great she is; she rarely spoke to the press, almost never spoke about her own policies, and didn't even bother traveling to the states that ultimately cost her the election. That's not logical to me. Not to mention the blatant corruption and Benghazi.
    Lets not rush to defend Hillary's failures when shes the biggest reason Trump is president. She will be remembered forever as the person who performed so poorly, and was so widely considered corrupt, that she lost to Donald F'ing Trump.

I dont like defending Trump, but ill defend the average Trump voter, who I dont believe is a nazi or too stupid to know better; like you kinda said, they made the choice between the monster they knew, and the monster they didn't know.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I'm legitimately curious. What action and legislation has he passed that actually has benefited the economy? The US economy was on a massive, year-long upward swing before Trump ever took office. He hasn't done anything to enhance or continue it. The free market has, Trump has not.
    The only thing I could think of is promising to cut regulations and taxes in business and industry. That has definitely had a noticeable impact on the stock market. But that isnt an official policy, its just hot-air empty promises at the moment that investors are acting on.

That said, economics is not my thing. And there's no way im going down that rabbit hole of googling this then having to determine what the news source is, who pays them, how blatantly pro-trump or openly anti-trump are they to where I cant even believe them cause of their bias, its a mess. The media is who really deserves our collective scorn. Once we are done with bashing Trump for sticking his foot in his mouth, tho he'll do it again soon and the cycle repeats.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    This narrative that all trump voters got duped and just weren't smart enough to vote democrat is so divisive and wrong-headed it has to be addressed. Even the most die hard Hillary supporters have to admit she ran a terrible lazy campaign centered around TV ads with celebrities telling you how great she is; she rarely spoke to the press, almost never spoke about her own policies, and didn't even bother traveling to the states that ultimately cost her the election. That's not logical to me. Not to mention the blatant corruption and Benghazi.
    Lets not rush to defend Hillary's failures when shes the biggest reason Trump is president. She will be remembered forever as the person who performed so poorly, and was so widely considered corrupt, that she lost to Donald F'ing Trump.

I dont like defending Trump, but ill defend the average Trump voter, who I dont believe is a nazi or too stupid to know better; like you kinda said, they made the choice between the monster they knew, and the monster they didn't know.
    This is a great post. If there had been any semblance of a real candidate representing the Democrat party we wouldn't be in this mess. I can't think of any other legitimate presidential candidate that Trump could've beaten.

Dobber Sports Genius

Thank you. It was either Trump, with all his arrogance, inexperience, etc. or Hillary, who is profoundly corrupt, and has been for decades. There wasn't a good choice, and how dare anyone insinuate (or flat out state) that people who didn't vote Hillary are idiots. Give me a break.

Dobber Sports Sage

Divisive and wrong-headed? It came down to a choice of who would be the better president. I agree that the Clinton was a terrible candidate and I was not a fan of hers but she was an infinitely better choice than Trump and anyone who paid attention in the least should have seen that.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Divisive and wrong-headed? It came down to a choice of who would be the better president. I agree that the Clinton was a terrible candidate and I was not a fan of hers but she was an infinitely better choice than Trump and anyone who paid attention in the least should have seen that.
    If people on both sides can't accept that "better" is subjective, then there is no point in even having these conversations.

The Great One

Sanders all day.

Dobber Sports Master

Sometime in October I turned to my brother and said: You know, whichever party has the nerve to turf their own candidate and put in a less hated replacement is going to win this in a landslide.

I stand by that assessment.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril