Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Trump's sad statement on Monday.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Trump's sad statement on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    No worries. I was just trying to provide some context to your 6 out of 10 stat.
    What extra context? My quote said "6 out of 10 people who approve of Donald trump", and you clarified with "among those who approve of trumps job performance". That is the same statement worded differently.

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    What extra context? My quote said "6 out of 10 people who approve of Donald trump", and you clarified with "among those who approve of trumps job performance". That is the same statement worded differently.
    I clarified it with his approval rating of 35%. That adds context to your cherry picked stat line. The 6 out of 10 supporters is meaningless, without knowing just how many people support him. 80% 10% 40% of the population?

See?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Pro

I clarified it with his approval rating of 35%. That adds context to your cherry picked stat line. The 6 out of 10 supporters is meaningless, without knowing just how many people support him. 80% 10% 40% of the population?

See?
    but I never made it sound like a lot of people... I just shared the quote word for word. I think we all already know trumps approval rating is very low, don't we?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Weird coming from me of all people, but I don't know what you're arguing about? BMP did provide a quote word for word, and Bomm also provided very useful/helpful/poignant context. Both posts seemed pretty appropriate and topical in painting a full story.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Weird coming from me of all people, but I don't know what you're arguing about? BMP did provide a quote word for word, and Bomm also provided very useful/helpful/poignant context. Both posts seemed pretty appropriate and topical in painting a full story.
    Yeah. Again just wanted some context on the 6 out of 10 of his supporters remark. Especially given he won the election (unfortunately), and because of that many believe he is a true and accurate representation and reflection of the US's population. He clearly isn't just months in to his inaugural year. And not just with voters. Key GOP senators are beginning to question his competence in public forum, and CEOs of major corporations are bailing on him despite his obvious industry friendly biased.

His win was more a statement on the failed Democratic party and their unwillingness to nominate an outside the box candidate rather than true support of Trump. The GOP has its own issues.

Anywho...I'm done.

Peace
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah. Again just wanted some context on the 6 out of 10 of his supporters remark. Especially given he won the election (unfortunately), and because of that many believe he is a true and accurate representation and reflection of the US's population. He clearly isn't just months in to his inaugural year. And not just with voters. Key GOP senators are beginning to question his competence in public forum, and CEOs of major corporations are bailing on him despite his obvious industry friendly biased.

His win was more a statement on the failed Democratic party and their unwillingness to nominate an outside the box candidate rather than true support of Trump. The GOP has its own issues.

Anywho...I'm done.

Peace
    I agree with everything stated here. I think I took the "try again" remark as a rebuke when I shouldn't have, and got defensive. My B. We all agree trump is a complete disaster, and that is what's important.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    This is a first, isn't it? Haha. I like you more as someone who brings people together.

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    I agree with everything stated here. I think I took the "try again" remark as a rebuke when I shouldn't have, and got defensive. My B. We all agree trump is a complete disaster, and that is what's important.
    I type fast and in a hurry sometimes w/out considering who's reading it on the other end. I could have done without that line. So again,no worries.

I think Trump resigns w/in the next 6 months as part of a deal w/the Feds in order to save his skin (and his family's). The Feds will flip Manafort. Yes, he could pardon himself but that would create a constitutional crisis and give grounds for an impeachment. He resigns, avoids jail time, and Pence moves in.

Which is VERY ironic because the Dems fear Pence because he is a true conservative (unlike Trump) and get the party behind him to pass real legislation.

lol...politics is a bitch.
    @SmittysRant

The Great One

So 6/10 US population approve Trump?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    lol

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Hell no.

It means 60% of the remaining 35% of idiots in America who still support Trump will support him no matter what. So his floor is approximately 20%.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I type fast and in a hurry sometimes w/out considering who's reading it on the other end. I could have done without that line. So again,no worries.

I think Trump resigns w/in the next 6 months as part of a deal w/the Feds in order to save his skin (and his family's). The Feds will flip Manafort. Yes, he could pardon himself but that would create a constitutional crisis and give grounds for an impeachment. He resigns, avoids jail time, and Pence moves in.

Which is VERY ironic because the Dems fear Pence because he is a true conservative (unlike Trump) and get the party behind him to pass real legislation.

lol...politics is a bitch.
    Yes. Bomm does realize that he does have to type slower for some of us.

I agree Bomm. I think he does resign. Not sure about in 6 months, but I think it has to come down to that because he just is not 'Presidential'.

Dobber Sports Deity

This quote was more towards apartheid at the time of its delivery but I still find it fitting for so many other reasons and this one is another one. Trump could learn a thing or two from the Kennedy's.

“Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.” - Robert F. Kennedy
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

I say he is either impeached, resigns or is assassinated. Some places in Vegas are giving 2:1 that he doesn't make it to the end of his first term as president.

Rylant

Dobber Sports All-Star

I hate to say this, but honestly, I hope he makes it full term. Pence is just as scary and he knows how to play politic very well. The amount of right wing legislation that would get passed under a majority republican house and senate with Pence at the helm would be mind boggling. Even if Russia is proved to have colluded with the Trump campaign, it is not like they are going to have an election re-do. They are not going to say 'ok, Trump cheated, here you go Hillary'. So either way it will still be a republican government for at least the next four years. Under the ineptitude of Drumpf, most of the toxic bills that would likely do irreparable damage to the US will falter and fall by the way side.

Just my two bits.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen