Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's sad statement on Monday.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Trump's sad statement on Monday.

I know that this will be controversial. I hope that this conversation can remain respectful :-). It makes me sad, that it took 2 days for Trump to mention White Supremacists or the KKK. It makes me sad that Trump focused this speech on commenting how everyone in the US is equal. And it makes me sad that when the car attack first happened, it really looked like he took advantage of the situation to talk about himself...

In his speech today, he said "No matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all created equal in the eyes of our creator." Sorry Trump, but if you live in the US, don't count on being considered equal if you are part of the LGBT community, a woman, an immigrant, or a Hispanic or African American interacting with Law Enforcement. How many American citizens who get treated so poorly in the US, think that Trump has any shot of "Making America Great Again"? It makes me sad...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Trump's sad statement on Monday.

Trump = idiot

That is all.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Whoa.... Ok boys, let's ensure this thread doesn't end in fire and fury the likes of which the world has never seen. Keep your emotions in check please.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Whoa.... Ok boys, let's ensure this thread doesn't end in fire and fury the likes of which the world has never seen. Keep your emotions in check please.
    Did I say something offensive?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I know that this will be controversial. I hope that this conversation can remain respectful :-). It makes me sad, that it took 2 days for Trump to mention White Supremacists or the KKK. It makes me sad that Trump focused this speech on commenting how everyone in the US is equal. And it makes me sad that when the car attack first happened, it really looked like he took advantage of the situation to talk about himself...

In his speech today, he said "No matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all created equal in the eyes of our creator." Sorry Trump, but if you live in the US, don't count on being considered equal if you are part of the LGBT community, a woman, an immigrant, or a Hispanic or African American interacting with Law Enforcement. How many American citizens who get treated so poorly in the US, think that Trump has any shot of "Making America Great Again"? It makes me sad...

Rylant
    Couldn't have expressed this any better - without question a day (or two) late and a dollar short. I thought an incident like this might happen but hoped more than anything that I would be wrong. Very sad.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    i think he meant that facetiously since he used one of Trump's silly quotes.

but, it sure is crazy to see these deranged people feel so safe and confident enough to come out of the woodwork to voice such bigotry. To me, that's the big issue-- not the fact that it exists (because sadly it always has and will). The fact that all of the sudden these idiots think that just because Trump got elected, it's acceptable and justified to pull stunts like this is scary.

Dobber Sports Icon

Watch David Duke's comments about Trump on the weekend, and then watch Trump's reaction when first asked about it by reporters. He didn't even acknowledge the questions. He might as well have put his fingers in his ears and stuck out his tongue.

That alone should be alarming.

But it's just another day in Trump's 'Murica. It's shocking how quickly this has become normal, acceptable and blase (until there are any real repercussions it's being accepted). And you KNOW this will slide down the list because tomorrow something even more "shocking" will happen. And then the next day something else. And the next. And the next. And the next.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Nah.... Just a per-emptive statement for all those who come after.

Dobber Sports Genius

It was cringe worthy.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Master

They voted for this. They wanted this.. Shows us what the voting populace (including the ones who had a vote and didn't cast it) wants.

As much as people may have disliked Hillary (myself included), how was that not a better alternative to this most unbelievable monster?
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    As much as people may have disliked Hillary (myself included), how was that not a better alternative to this most unbelievable monster?
    Because that's the party that gave them a black president, and that will never be forgiven. Much more preferable to have your health care taken away from you by a white president than to have it given to you by a black one.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post

Rylant
    Unfortunately, probably the same number of those that voted for him.

Dobber Sports Pro

This is not a well thought out thread.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    This is not a well thought out thread.
    This is not a well thought out President.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Because that's the party that gave them a black president, and that will never be forgiven. Much more preferable to have your health care taken away from you by a white president than to have it given to you by a black one.
    In this day and age, such sentiments are so utterly bewildering. Just so, so small...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck