Thread: Gibson

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Gibson

With Miller signed for 2 years in Anaheim, do you see Miller having 30-40 starts?

Is this a 1A 1B situation in Anaheim?

I have a couple of GM interested in Gibson in my league ( 2 years left at 2.3M) but I'm not ready to part ways with him....

Thoughts?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Gibson

Injuries are the only thing that will kreep Millers starts up. The Ducks simply went out and grabbed a capable and reliable back up.

Dobber Sports Ace

I purposely targeted Gibson in my Keeper league before his stock skyrocketed. I think this year is his breakout year, miller will get 15-20 starts but not many more. I think hat Gibson is about to enter the upper echelon of goalies. The only thing holding him back is injuries. If he can stay healthy, I wouldn't be shocked if he finished top 5 in wins, sv %, GAA and SO's. Definitely top 10 in all those cats.
    Remember, I said "if" he can stay healthy. I believe/hope this year, he will.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Master

I'm sure Gibson will be fantastic this year. Why? Because I traded him away this off season after keeping him for the past three years. Now that he is no longer on my fantasy team, he will be awesome.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Ace

I see Miller as a high upside backup. Gibson is a very good goalie (I'm not buying "top 5" comments, but certainly capable of top 10), but with his injuries, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Ducks give him more rest. I'd anticipate 30 starts for Miller, with the potential for a lot more if (when?) Gibson gets injured.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    I see Miller as a high upside backup. Gibson is a very good goalie (I'm not buying "top 5" comments, but certainly capable of top 10), but with his injuries, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Ducks give him more rest. I'd anticipate 30 starts for Miller, with the potential for a lot more if (when?) Gibson gets injured.
    High upside back up? Miller's numbers have been declining steadily as he ages. He's a capable backup, but not one who steals starts from a #1.
    .903, .911, .916, .914 - Millers save % the last 4 years. Now Gibson career save % .954, .914, .920, .924 - he is a far superior goalie. Miller will only play on back to backs and when Gibson tweaks something for 5 games.

In the ramblings a few weeks ago, it was written that Gibson was top 5 in 5v5 save percentage, over the past 3 years. Those numbers are elite. The other guys on that list were named Price and Holtby. I can't remember who wrote the Ramblings that day, but they believed as well that barring injury, Gibson should be entering elite status very soon.

If people had wrote similar about Talbot last off season, many would have said they were way off. Yet we witnessed the emergence of an elite goalie option. A big part of fantasy hockey is predicting things will happen before that do. And many feel that Gibson will breakout.

I like Gibson for 64 GP, 38W, .922 sv%, 2.09 GGA, 6 SO.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Gibson could be a top 10 goalie this year, especially with a young emerging D that will rival NSH, CGY and CAR.
    I don't know that Miller will be any kind of steal as a backup. I think he signed there for purely family-related reasons, without any intention of playing a significant number of games.

I wouldn't trade Gibs away, for while his numbers may not be top tier yet, the D will help pad his stats more and more with every passing season.

Dobber Sports Ace

The high upside for Miller comes into play when you consider that Gibson has injury issues and Anaheim has a much better defense than what Miller was playing behind in Vancouver. I said nothing about him being a starter. He's not, you are right about that. But he does have high upside as a backup, given his situation, in comparison to most around the league.

Administrator

Miller will get starts by default whenever Gibson gets injured. 30+ GP per year is a pretty safe bet.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Miller is insurance for Gibson and his uncertain health history.

Gibson is the starter as long as he's healthy. Predicting how many games he will miss (if any) is impossible.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Magnificent One

Last season Bernier was doing okay in his starts, yet Anaheim had no issue trotting out Gibson a ton before he got hurt. Miller is there because Anaheim is rightfully concerned about a Gibson injury and in case Gibson falters in the playoffs. But barring a Gibson injury, Miller probably gets 20ish starts during the regular season.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If I were you, I'd be interested in hearing the offers. Gibson carries good value for you (both from his salary and performance), but as the others pointed out, injuries ARE a concern with him. If you get an offer matching a 60 games output from him, I would certainly consider it because it could save you the trouble of dealing with his injuries yourself. Its a potential sell high with the right trade partners
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith