Thread: Tell me about the other Nylander...

The Great One

Default Tell me about the other Nylander...

So Ive got an offer on the table for my 1st rounder next year who is owned by another tem who wil likely be in the 10-14 range of a 14 team league. Id also have to include my 3rd rounder this year (37th overall).

For that I get:
    A Nylander- i dont know a TON about him but as far as I know his tock has not dropped a lot after being selected 8th overall- also he might wind up shotgun with Eichel.
    Hartnell- as a cap team his accross the board stats at a million could see some play on my team.
    Kempe- my sights are low- but who knows he could impress. Hes a risk/reward guy Im thinking...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Tell me about the other Nylander...

That's a pretty good deal IMO. If we were talking a top 5 1st next year then I wouldn't do it. I own Kempe too and it seems like everyone has a different opinion on the guy, but he's got the frame and potential to be successful especially on an offensive dry team like LA. Nylander I'm not too informed on, but it seems like he hasn't lost much value from last draft.

Basically I'd take the deal especially if you want the chance of being better sooner than later.
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson

Dobber Sports Veteran

Emu, I must be reading wrong, how can you trade a pick of yours owned by someone else?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think he means he owns a pick from another team that will finish in the 10-15 range
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson

Dobber Sports Wizard

If you're confident the pick will be a late one, then I would make the deal. Alex Nylander is more valuable than a 2018 pick which is outside the top-10, and I also like the other pieces coming to you. Kempe will have a top-9 spot available this season, the only question is will he take it and succeed or continue playing poorly. He's talented but the results haven't been there so far. I like him more than the 37th overall pick, so that's another win for your side.

This is all assuming you don't need to drop anyone good to make room for these guys.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    If you're confident the pick will be a late one, then I would make the deal. Alex Nylander is more valuable than a 2018 pick which is outside the top-10, and I also like the other pieces coming to you. Kempe will have a top-9 spot available this season, the only question is will he take it and succeed or continue playing poorly. He's talented but the results haven't been there so far. I like him more than the 37th overall pick, so that's another win for your side.

This is all assuming you don't need to drop anyone good to make room for these guys.
    Exactly what he said.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post

Yea no droppers- very deep farm system. In fact Ill probably start Hartnell so I can keep Yanni Gourse on the arm until we see how he pans out. Im very high on Gourde but he doesnt seem like a good fit on an opening night roster (and Im hoping Im wrong on this- lmao!!!).7

Also @ plug- yea the pick belongs to the reigning champion and his roster is STACKED!! Crosbt, Backstrom, AO, Malkin, Getzlaf- two top top goalies- Im gonna be honest- Ive never been in a league with a team so stacked! So yea hel'll be 12,13 or 14 range...

Dobber Sports Initiate

This is from an article on this very site from yesterday-ish about the top ten selection from the 2016 draft. If you haven't read it, it might make the younger Nylander seem interesting :

" Following a one-year stay in the OHL in his draft year, Nylander was able to circumvent the AHL-CHL agreement and spend his post draft season in the AHL. Playing most of the campaign as an 18-year-old in the second-hardest league in the world, Nylander showed his immense talent scoring at a rate of .43 points-per-game in 65 contests, which was easily the best rate for an Americans rookie. Add that to the 12 points in seven games for Sweden at the U20’s and it was a successful season for the Swedish prospect.

Alex’s brother William also spent 65 games in the AHL across two seasons before making his full time jump to the NHL last season. The younger Nylander’s path to the NHL may be a bit longer, but not by much as his offensive talent will translate no matter what league he is in. Buffalo surprisingly scored under 200 goals last season (good for 25th in the NHL) and can certainly use a player of Alex’s upside. For some reason among fantasy owners, Nylander is a less-talked about, almost forgotten prospect from the 2016 top ten. Be smart and go out and grab him before he breaks out. "

At first when I read the title of your message I thought that it was another owner who was asking you to trade them Nylander and I was saying to myself "I guess someone just read that same article!" lol
    On a fantasy hockey break.

The Great One

^^^

Love dis!!!!

I know Kempe is a divisive prospect and Hartnell has a lot less tread on his ires than he used too but In Kempes case he hasnt necessarily regressed - he just hasnt broken out like we wanted him to- but thats not uncommon for a big bodied player and Hartnell really only needs to be in the 40-45 point range wiith his regular sog and pim contributions to be effective as a bench guy- and at 1 million hed be a bargain!! Sheesh that was a long sentence :P

I know I gave up a very good asset but I didnt know that there is hype that Alexander might be an overachiever and the other assets might end up being solid without the "wow" factor. I mostly got lucky here I think- assuming the chips fall the way theyr predicted too. That 18 draft looks sweet though- but as of today Im hppy wit dis.
    Woot woot !!

The Great One

10-14 range......

Id do that for Nylander straight up.

Although the numbers don't really suggest it, he had a great year in the AHL as a 18 year old.

Im expecting his stock to rise considerably this upcoming year.

Craig Button had Nylander as the 2nd best player NOT in the NHL. Keller was first.

Second on our list is Buffalo prospect winger Alex Nylander (Rochester, AHL), who reminds me so much of San Jose captain Joe Pavelski because of his ability to excel in any situation.