Thread: Barkov for Stamkos

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Barkov for Stamkos

Hi,

In one of my 12-team dynasty H2H leagues (cats are G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit) I've got an offer for my Stamkos. The offer is built mainly around Barkov + I get some other pieces for future (2x presumably low 1st round pick in prospect draft and McDonagh or Gardiner to shore up my defence).

Do you think it's fair value for Stamkos in dynasty? How much of a difference there could be between Stamkos and Barkov next year and in the next 3 years? The deal seems decent, but I worry that Barkov is a bit injury-prone.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Barkov for Stamkos

Depends how badly you need defensive and/or prospect help. Personally I'd be a bit leery about trading Stamkos, but if this is a very deep league where defensemen at the level of McDonagh and Gardiner are almost never on the waiver wire, I might consider it.

Also something I consider when I receive a >1 for my 1 offer: Who will I need to drop to make this deal happen? That's why I quite often pass on these types of deals.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Deity

For me I'd have to see the full offer.

I prefer Stamkos to Barkov today and for years to come but if the right add on pieces were with Barkov, I'd consider it. It would really depend on the full offer.

If it's just scraps with Barkov, I'd keep Stamkos.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The full offer is Stamkos for Barkov, 2018 1st, 2019 1st, McDonagh/Gardiner, like I said.

The waiver wire is full of 25-point defensemen, so I guess it's possible to pluck off a player with a suprising season.

It all boils down to this - how much of a difference there is between Stamkos and Barkov?

I see Barkov as a regular 60-point player (if healthy) with a couple 70-point seasons, whereas Stamkos is more like a 75-point player for the next 2-3 years, and then he will be a 65-point guy for a few years. Am I wrong in my projections? Probably a lot will depend on Barkov's durability.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hmmmmm. I like Stamkos considerably more than Barkov. 60 +\- for Barkov is a fair estimate. Stamkos is a 75-85 point player IMO.

Health plays a large factor of course. But in this deal the OGm is getting the better player and you're getting a bunch of unknowns in those picks. I keep Stammer.