Thread: Elliott v. Reimer

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Elliott v. Reimer

For the league in my signature. We only start 1 goalie at a time.

I'm looking to trade away one of these goalies (long story short - I don't need a 3rd goalie)

Who would you keep, Elliott or Reimer? Who will a better own for the next 3 years? Who will have better stats?

Thanks!
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Elliott v. Reimer

Reimer. I have major concerns about Elliott period. Reims battles and Fla is a pretty solid team moving forward.

Then see what's in the pipeline -

Fla - Montembeault, Brittain ?
    Phi - Stolarz, Lyon, Sandtstrom, Tomek, Madsen, Hart --

So many G prospects in Philly, Elliot is a place holder till someone is ready...anyone

in 3 years I like the odds of Reimer still being relevant vs. Elliott playing who knows where? won't be philly by then which only makes his value even more speculative.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Reimer, not even close for me. He's in a better situation and will have a better season to boot, especially when you look down the road. I don't think in 3 years Elliott is in Philly, perhaps not the NHL at all.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Easy vote for Optimus here!

The Great One

Just bought Optimus Reim myself- he looks primed to be the next Jones/Dubnyk (except waaaay waaaay under the radar- jut like the panther lol :P )

Dobber Sports Rookie

If you are in contention I would keep Elliot as considered to be 1A. If not then 1B Reimer would be good by the end of the third year where Luongo would be too old and Reimer to take over 1A. Question is to ask which team will be better in three years? Phi or Florida?

Dobber Sports Deity

This year, Elliot is the better option but long term I'd want Reimer.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm not overly high on either one, as Elliott will probably never get another shot at being a clear cut number 1, and I don't see Luongo going away so fast. That being said, I agree with Axeman, this year Elliott is the better option, as he should get more starts than Neuvirth and the Flyers could surprise people this year, and after that Reimer is the better option (as Lou gets older).

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Administrator

I'd take a chance with Elliott myself. Not high on Reimer ever being much of a factor so I don't see enough upside to go in his direction.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Magnificent One

This year, Elliott. Next year, toss up. Beyond that, Reimer. So it depends on your window.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Elliott for me.
    PHI is all set-up to have an incredibly elite team in a few years.
    I see a similar risk here as when Talbot went to EDM and some (of us) realized his huge potential in that location.
    EDM would be great eventually and that risk had HUGE pay-off.

Florida is Florida.
    They've got a couple good young players... but its really not going to be a team that ever becomes a 100pt team.
    Elliott may have a short contract, but he should be the better own for this year... and if he does well in 1-2 years, he could get another 1-2.

If this was a DEEP league and you simply needed a guy that would still be getting 40 starts in 3 years... yeah, I'd say Reimer.
    But as a 2nd/3rd goalie decision... you go with high risk/high reward... and that's Elliott.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

IMO, Philly has the deepest goalie pool in the NHL by a good measure, with perhaps Calgary being the next closest.

I don't see any way that in 2 years, let alone 3, Elliott is still wearing a Flyers jersey. Philly's goalie pipeline is bursting at the seams, whereas Florida is actively looking for solid long term contributors.

For that reason, I think Reimer is worth the risk.

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks everyone - appreciate the thoughts.

Opinions were pretty split. I'm going to see which one gets me the higher return in a trade and go from there.

Moral of the story may be that I need to go get a more legitimate starter...
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

The Great One

Going against the grain. As a leafs fan Reimer doesnt necessarily pass the eye test (hes sloppy/often awkward) but is numbers tell a more stable story. I think FLA is a team on the rise- Barkpv et all will have a much better season with better health. Last year Luongo was petitioning (through the media) for more starts for Reimer- hes a HUGE fan (and Luongo despite his blemishes is one of the greats of our generation). Elliott is a fine choice but everyone is a little too quick t chalk last season up to workload/pressure- it IS possible he might be declining.

Reimer is not a gamebreaker but hes got starter upside on a decent team. Elliots kicking his last can as an NHLer.

I like Elliott- but Im gonna go Remer THIS year and in the future. I own Reimer and in a one year itd be closer (but still no) bu any format where either guy might be kept and is Reimer by a landslide..