Thread: Decision so important Ill pay!!!!

The Great One

Default Decision so important Ill pay!!!!

Ok so I got your attention- lol! I literally will though Ill send one canadian twonie in the mail for the post that is most informative and helps me the most! TWO DOLLARS!!! Ill send it via mail- which they DO NOT reccomend :P.

Im in over my head with a whole bunch of picks I didnt think Id have and our draft probably going to start this weekend. I was going to basically pray Yammamoto was there at 10th overall and that was only pick- lol!

Now I have:

6th, 7th, 37th, 42nd, 56th, and 74th.

Im (ironically) concerned with the high picks- I was way happier seeing who slipped to me- with 6 and 7 Im a lot more nervous dictating who to grab. Im almost certainly going two forwards here. At 37, 42, and 56 Im going for bpa- but hopefully get at least one d? Like I said before- just going for BPA though- building my farm from scratch here. With the last pick I am targetting a specific russian goalie who missed most of the year with an injury. Dont want to say his name but his dad played in the NHL and he's bobbed up and down draft lists all year long.

Anyways- yea- two bucks!!! If you can help me in our "slow draft" picks posted in a 24 hr window) all the better to my final judgement!!!

:P

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Decision so important Ill pay!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    At 37, 42, and 56 Im going for bpa- but hopefully get at least one d? Like I said before- just going for BPA though- building my farm from scratch here.
    14 TEAM LEAGUE WITH 27 MAN FARM

You don't need to sit on who ever you pick for 3 years. Trade all 3 for a better pick in this draft or picks in future drafts. Holding 3 "meh" prospects only makes your team less flexible.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    14 TEAM LEAGUE WITH 27 MAN FARM

You don't need to sit on who ever you pick for 3 years. Trade all 3 for a better pick in this draft or picks in future drafts. Holding 3 "meh" prospects only makes your team less flexible.
    Ok thnks moses- god damn that tablet seems heavy...

A few quick questions:

Do I HAVE to take Makar if he falls? Aside from the top top guys D arent as impactful AND my blueline s stacked...

In a 14 team league- is it crazy to grab Yamamoto with the 7th overall?? Im hearing Gaudreau in EDM and thats waaaay good for me.

Assuming I grab Yamo- whose my pick at 6th overall??? I love Tippett as a goalscorer but hate buttons assesment that he has no hockey IQ. Glass/Suzuki/Neccas??? Im so lost...

Im telling you... TWO DOLLARS!!!!!

Help me out :P

Dobber Sports Expert

You'be talked about swinging for the fences with your picks before and I'm assuming nothing has changed. Take Yamamoto.

If you're not keen on Makar and aren't looking to add to your D then pass on him. He's no more guaranteed to work out than anyone else you'd pick.

Glass hasn't slipped out of the top 5 in many drafts I've seen. If he's available take him. Suzuki, Tippet, Necas all look promising in the long run. Go with your gut or flip a coin to decide but don't ignore Mittelstadt or Pettersson if they're available.

What are the chances you hold onto these picks anyway?

Dobber Sports Sage

Based on what you like, I would take Yammamoto at 6 or 7. Yes, it might be a little high but get the player you want. Next, I would try to trade down a few spots and take Heiskanen. I would be OK with taking him at 7 but you might be able to squeeze out the #10 pick and a 2nd round pick for someone who really wants their guy at 7. If someone takes Heiskanen, you'll still have a couple forwards to select from. If I have to predict who will be the best player from this draft, I would pick Heiskanen.

So if you could turn your #6 and #7 pick into Yammamoto, Heiskanen, and a 2nd round pick, you'll be doing very well. Even if it is just a swap of one of your lower picks to a 2nd, you'll be doing well.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

You can find my personal ranking from here: http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...antasy-ranking

That should help with your first two picks. I recommend keeping them and drafting two forwards with those picks.

With the later picks, I think I already provided some sleeper picks for picks after the top-30 are gone. If you need more names later in the draft, let us know who has been taken and I'll try to provide some quick help after that.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    You'be talked about swinging for the fences with your picks before and I'm assuming nothing has changed. Take Yamamoto.

If you're not keen on Makar and aren't looking to add to your D then pass on him. He's no more guaranteed to work out than anyone else you'd pick.

Glass hasn't slipped out of the top 5 in many drafts I've seen. If he's available take him. Suzuki, Tippet, Necas all look promising in the long run. Go with your gut or flip a coin to decide but don't ignore Mittelstadt or Pettersson if they're available.

What are the chances you hold onto these picks anyway?
    Im 100% holding onto the 6th and about 80% on the 7th. I say the 37th is just about 100% because I have a really specific player Im probably going to reach for here. And the rest (49th, 56th, 65th and 74th) are up for grabs- but assuming they dont get move theyre also the one I need the most help on.

If Middle falls Ill trip over myself getting to the keyboard. Pettersen Im lukewarm on though- a canuck??? Lol is he a tier above the rest though?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    You can find my personal ranking from here: http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...antasy-ranking

That should help with your first two picks. I recommend keeping them and drafting two forwards with those picks.

With the later picks, I think I already provided some sleeper picks for picks after the top-30 are gone. If you need more names later in the draft, let us know who has been taken and I'll try to provide some quick help after that.
    I LOVE thos sleeper picks- I spent the next two hours researching them after- holy shat those are nice prospects!!!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Based on what you like, I would take Yammamoto at 6 or 7. Yes, it might be a little high but get the player you want. Next, I would try to trade down a few spots and take Heiskanen. I would be OK with taking him at 7 but you might be able to squeeze out the #10 pick and a 2nd round pick for someone who really wants their guy at 7. If someone takes Heiskanen, you'll still have a couple forwards to select from. If I have to predict who will be the best player from this draft, I would pick Heiskanen.

So if you could turn your #6 and #7 pick into Yammamoto, Heiskanen, and a 2nd round pick, you'll be doing very well. Even if it is just a swap of one of your lower picks to a 2nd, you'll be doing well.
    People seem to safeguard their picks a bit more than usual in this league (imo anyways) but Ill send out some feelers. Considering Heiskanen, Suzuki, Neccas, Tippet aeven eeli tolvanen are in a similar range for me Id even be ok maybe getting a 3rd back...

The Great One

Update I made two offers and a hail mary third offer :P :

7th overall and McCoshen

for 12th overall and Zadorov
    OR
    14th overall and Sanheim

Hail Mary:

7th overall and 56th overall (4th)

for 13th overall and a 1st in 2020

See what happens...

Also my drft is coming up soon and will be a "slow draft" aka post on a board and then the next guy has 24 hours to follow. If anybody sticks with me through that itll help their cause towards the twonie!!!

PS Ill mail out more than one twonie if I get qality insight from more thanone person

Dobber Sports Wizard

Update I made two offers and a hail mary third offer :P :

7th overall and McCoshen

for 12th overall and Zadorov
    OR
    14th overall and Sanheim

Hail Mary:

7th overall and 56th overall (4th)

for 13th overall and a 1st in 2020

See what happens...

Also my drft is coming up soon and will be a "slow draft" aka post on a board and then the next guy has 24 hours to follow. If anybody sticks with me through that itll help their cause towards the twonie!!!

PS Ill mail out more than one twonie if I get qality insight from more thanone person
    I don't really like either deal for you because I believe there's a significant gap after the top-10 this year. If you were trading down to #10, then that would make sense but with picks #12 and #14 you're starting to get into gamble area of the draft, and the other pieces aren't worth it IMO (especially Zadorov who could bolt to the KHL).

I don't care about your money but I'm here to help with the draft. Unless there's an obvious choice who happens to fall to your lap, I'll probably give you 2-3 names to consider. With late picks, it often comes down to personal preference more than actual talent of the player because they're all gambles at that point.

The Great One

Arent you in Finland (if I remember right)? Having a canadian twonie would be a neat novelty :P

Anywyas I love that you got my back dawg!! i researched the darkhorse list you sen and I was blown away by what the prognosis was on those guys. Most pundits/reviews said that at least 3 of them should have been early to mid first rounders!! Im calling that list my secret weapon. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if you helped me through my draft yo! Youre one of the most informsative posters on these boards- in my humble estimation.

Im down to the 6th, 49th, 56th, 65th, and 79th. Id gladly pm you with updated draft lists as we go. You da best mang!! rep wont cut and my Canadian pride is hurt that you wont accept my (very cool looking) twoonie...

Dobber Sports Initiate

Arent you in Finland (if I remember right)? Having a canadian twonie would be a neat novelty :P
    Especially if you send one of the special ones with the aurora borealis on it that glows in the dark...

http _i.huffpost.com_gen_5364320_images_n-TOONIE-150-CANADA-628x314.jpg
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Master

if you dont tape the twonnie to a piece of paper the damn thing slides all over and escapes somewhere in canada