Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gaudreau for a top tier D?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Gaudreau for a top tier D?

I've been thinking of moving Gaudreau for really good defenseman since Gaudreau isn't the best option for the league I'm in due to the fact that he doesn't cover the peripherals. Points only league, he would be a no move type of player.

Do you think it's a solid move? I might be able to get Josi or something out of the deal, what other D could I target? I'm in a good spot forward wise so moving a piece like Gaudreau is a decent idea in my mind.
    2017-2018 League Champion
    Salary Dynasty League 20 teams
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PPP-SHP-(+/-)-PIM-SOG-GWG-HITS-BLKS / W-L-OL-GA-SV-SO
    PLAYOFFS COINCIDE WITH NHL PLAYOFFS

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano
    D- Karlsson, Letang, Niskanen, Schultz, Dumoulin, Polak
    G- Binnington, Dubnyk, Bobrovsky

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala
    D: Djoos, Johansen, Cholowski, Zboril, Bowey, Niku, Pedan, Weegar
    G: Huska, Copley

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Gaudreau for a top tier D?

I do.. I'm not a huge fan of points only producers in multi-cat leagues. They obviously have their place, but I prefer to have the more elite ones - McDavid, Kane etc. than middle tier ones where multi-cat players can re-produce their point output as well

If you can get a 50pt dman for JG... I'd pull the trigger
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I do.. I'm not a huge fan of points only producers in multi-cat leagues. They obviously have their place, but I prefer to have the more elite ones - McDavid, Kane etc. than middle tier ones where multi-cat players can re-produce their point output as well

If you can get a 50pt dman for JG... I'd pull the trigger
    That’s my thought process as well. He’s fantastic for points only leagues but in multi-cats like mine, he doesn’t do much especially one that counts hits, blocks, and PIM which he gets literally none.

I put it out there in my league, not sure who all will bite but we will see. I really like the prospect of Josi, a cheap D who produces well. It’d be really nice if I could get Werenski or something of the like but he’s on a rookie contract so doubt the manager would move him.

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala

The Great One

You can try one of two approaches - let it be known to all in your league that he can be had in trade, then see what offers you get. The risk there is folks might lowball you, but you also might be able to incite a bidding war if two GMs want him. The other option is to approach individual GMs. There you don't risk the perception of a sell off, but also are less likely to get the best return. Good luck either way.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    You can try one of two approaches - let it be known to all in your league that he can be had in trade, then see what offers you get. The risk there is folks might lowball you, but you also might be able to incite a bidding war if two GMs want him. The other option is to approach individual GMs. There you don't risk the perception of a sell off, but also are less likely to get the best return. Good luck either way.
    Yeah I put it out there stating exactly what I am looking to get for JG (i.e. 50pt+ dman, top pairing, on the PP) and see what starts rolling in.

If that doesn’t bring in anything, then I will start targeting specific managers who have the d that I would want like Josi and the like.

Minors:

The Magnificent One

I wouldn't move him but then again I'm a fan and just acquired him in a similar league. That being said see what you can get. To me the extra stats can be added in cheaply through free add/drops so if it isn't a slam dunk win deal move on
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Ace

I would recommend that you try for Werenski - In his rookie season, he had 2 less points in 5 minutes less of ice time per game, than Josi.

If he picks up where he left off last season he will be much harder to acquire in the coming years. There are many that doubt him but I am not one of them.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Superstar

Josi, Ristolainen +, Klingberg, Shattenkirk, Pietrangelo +....I'd really attempt to acquire Rasmus as he is a stud with your cats.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    Josi, Ristolainen +, Klingberg, Shattenkirk, Pietrangelo +....I'd really attempt to acquire Rasmus as he is a stud with your cats.
    add Trouba to that list. in fact, you might be able to get Trouba and a + for JG and get Risto level stats and an outside shot at 50pts.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

UPDATE

I have tried acquiring all the D that were suggested.

Josi: Manager didn't want to move because of cap reasons
    Risto: Manager really likes Risto so he was wanting a ton including JG which I wasn't wanting to do
    Klingberg: Manager declined offer, said it was fair but would rather keep Klingberg on his team
    Shatty: Manager didn't want to move him
    Pietrangelo: Manager didn't want to move him

Based on all that, JG doesn't seem to have the value that I was looking for from some of these players I'd want, which is understandable in a multi-cat league. I did get this offer:

I give: JG, Cholowski, McCarron, L. Johansen, 2nd
    I get: Parayko, Vesey, C. Miller, Justin Bailey

Essentially, I'm moving JG and prospects (minus McCarron) for Parayko and Vesey. C. Miller could be a decent option in Vegas but I'm not sure. Should I make that move or keep JG?

I've also been asked if I have interest in Leddy, which could be another possibility as he has been a pretty solid player these last few years. Thoughts?

Minors:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by xdmurda View Post

I give: JG, Cholowski, McCarron, L. Johansen, 2nd
    I get: Parayko, Vesey, C. Miller, Justin Bailey
    Do not make that trade. You still need guys that will get you points, and Gaudreau could potentially be in the top 10-15 scorers this season.
    Just because your league counts Hits, blocks, and PIMS doesn't mean you should give away a top 15 scorer for such a weak package
    12 Team H2H Keep 6
    Scoring Cats - Players: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHG, GWG
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1G (locked in for the week)

C: Malkin, Kuznetsov, Larkin, Couture
    LW: Hall, DeBrincat, Fiala
    RW: Kucherov, J.T. Miller
    D: Theodore, Gustafsson, Pulock
    G: Hellebuyck, Shesterkin

Quote Originally Posted by Brosive View Post
    Do not make that trade. You still need guys that will get you points, and Gaudreau could potentially be in the top 10-15 scorers this season.
    Just because your league counts Hits, blocks, and PIMS doesn't mean you should give away a top 15 scorer for such a weak package
    Yeah my gut was telling me no. Although I do like Parayko I am just not sure I want to move JG for him.

Should I make a move for Leddy then?

Minors:

Dobber Sports Titan

JG > Parayko
    Plus you were losing on the swap of the secondary pieces in that deal.

I would press a little harder for Klingberg. See if you can make it a 2 for 2 and get something done. Address a spot of weakness for the other team.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

You should decline the offer you received
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    JG > Parayko
    Plus you were losing on the swap of the secondary pieces in that deal.

I would press a little harder for Klingberg. See if you can make it a 2 for 2 and get something done. Address a spot of weakness for the other team.
    I took a look at his team and it seems his main weakness is his salary honestly. He's at $101M and our cap is $92M...from what I can tell, he's pretty even all around including his D. This is the team he has:

Forwards: Ja. Benn, Boedker, Clutterbuck, Huberdeau, Little, Maroon, Okposo, Pacioretty, Radulov, Reinhart, B. Ritchie, Wennberg, Brouwer, Jagr, Janmark
    Defense: Barrie, Klingberg, Martinez, McDonagh, Morrissey, Vatanen, Bogosian, Daley, Del Zotto, M. Irwin, Pysyk
    Goalies: F. Andersen, Condon, Ramo

Obviously he can drop some of these guys to clear up cap but it doesn't seem like he's in a rush to do that. Ideally, I would like to make a move where I take on some of his cap so that I can alleviate some of the pain while also getting Klingberg.

It would likely have to be something like:

I give: Gaudreau+prospect
    I get: Klingberg+cap dump player or something

Thoughts?

Minors: