Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here ever use Paypal?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Anyone here ever use Paypal?

Just signed up and am waiting for my bank to confirm my info. Does that usually take that long? Thanks

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Anyone here ever use Paypal?

I think i had mine done by the day?

If you're in Canada, it would be smart to get a US credit card and use that so you don't get hit with more service fees if you're buying and selling often.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

I signed up years ago... no more than 24 hours then... paypal is owned by Ebay... it's pretty quick (they want you to spend your money
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

I have used Paypal for years. No problems. Very user-friendly.

Can't help you on how long it should take since it's been 15 years or so that I've had an account with them.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Monster

I was going to use a Vanilla Mastercard to pay my fantrax fees but they said it might not work since I need a name/address on there so I connected my account to PayPal

Dobber Sports Veteran

Shouldn't take too long. I've had PayPal for several years, but never really used it until a year or so ago. Now I use it quite a bit. Don't keep all that much in there, but perfect as a little slush fund to pay fantasy league dues, receive winnings, repay small debts to friends or siblings for lunch or beers or gift contributions or whatever.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest downloading the app. Really easy to use and super convenient.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Monster

I was getting confused with the Transit#, Branch# and account number. I put in the transit and branch # correct then i just put my full account number on the account number line. Better work lol.

as for the app, never owned a phone in about 6 or 7 years. I refuse to get a cell lol....i find myself constantly looking at it so i tell people to just facebook me if they want to get ahold of me ha ha

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I was getting confused with the Transit#, Branch# and account number. I put in the transit and branch # correct then i just put my full account number on the account number line. Better work lol.

as for the app, never owned a phone in about 6 or 7 years. I refuse to get a cell lol....i find myself constantly looking at it so i tell people to just facebook me if they want to get ahold of me ha ha
    Do you have cheques... if so you just take the number right off the bottom of the cheque (minus the cheque numnber ie 039 for cheque 39).

This is your route, transit and account number in order.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Do you have cheques... if so you just take the number right off the bottom of the cheque (minus the cheque numnber ie 039 for cheque 39).

This is your route, transit and account number in order.
    no never had any before. pretty sure the numbers are correct. will wait for the confirmation email.

Dobber Sports Jedi

transit is 3 digits - identifies which bank you use
    Branch no is 5 digits - identifies the location
    account no - length varies depending on which bank you use & is your actual account
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

Fantrax uses U.S dollars right? If I put 50 dollars canadian on my pay pal account does it convert the money when it's time to pay fantrax for my league fees?

The Great One

I wouldn't sign up for PayPal unless you expect to use it often. They take pride in their security, but you never know. If you were looking at it for a one time thing, you might want to find someone else with an account and give them cash for the fee, which they they pay on your behalf via PayPal.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Fantrax uses U.S dollars right? If I put 50 dollars canadian on my pay pal account does it convert the money when it's time to pay fantrax for my league fees?
    PayPal is great, and yes, it does convert to whichever currency needed. I put euros in there and I can pay in US dollars or Canadian dollars or whatever I need.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I wouldn't sign up for PayPal unless you expect to use it often. They take pride in their security, but you never know. If you were looking at it for a one time thing, you might want to find someone else with an account and give them cash for the fee, which they they pay on your behalf via PayPal.
    I probably will be using it lots now and try to go in money leagues online.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    PayPal is great, and yes, it does convert to whichever currency needed. I put euros in there and I can pay in US dollars or Canadian dollars or whatever I need.
    Awesome. Thanks

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    You don't have to link your credit card to PayPal, you can just transfer the needed amount of money from your own account to your PayPal account. That way, there's no real risk even if the worst possible case happens.

At least using PayPal is much more secure than using your credit card directly.